HDMI THIEVES!!

Ok everyone. Maybe someone can point me in a direction.  We have several conference rooms where I work and HDMI running to wall ports for TV screens.  Seems like every time I turn around someone has taken the HDMI cable.  Does anyone make a lock-down or something I can use?  We have wall plates they plugin to so any kind of security cover would be awesome!  I'm just not sure what would be the best option for this.

Thanks in advance!

Glue that you could remove somehow without damaging the TV? Probably a last resort option though.

LOL start a freakin check out process for them.

I don't want to go too crazy for it but we are up to about 10 cables now.

• 2 weeks later...

use linus's preferred method to try and stop the thieves:

zip-ties!

tie them to the wall port and your problem should be solved

(unless people cut the tie off, then get metal ones (if they exist))

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-12 at 0:06 PM, MasterHylian said:

Ok everyone. Maybe someone can point me in a direction.  We have several conference rooms where I work and HDMI running to wall ports for TV screens.  Seems like every time I turn around someone has taken the HDMI cable.  Does anyone make a lock-down or something I can use?  We have wall plates they plugin to so any kind of security cover would be awesome!  I'm just not sure what would be the best option for this.

Thanks in advance!

I would look at a secured cable lock that loops around the HDMI cable tightly and secures it to the wall or a desk or something.

You could also buy or create a "lock box" that fits over the wall plate, with a split sandwich design where there's a hole big enough to fit the cable, but not the HDMI plug itself. The box would then split in two, revealing two "half moon" crescent holes, which together, make up the hole that the cable goes through.

No idea if something like this exists as a ready to buy product, but it could be hand made pretty easily with wood, steel, or plastic.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They're only worth a few dollars each, I would just let people steal them, but get security cameras setup to catch them when they do.  That solves the root problem rather than the symptom.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

They're only worth a few dollars each, I would just let people steal them, but get security cameras setup to catch them when they do.  That solves the root problem rather than the symptom.

Good point.

On 2017-5-12 at 0:06 PM, MasterHylian said:

Thanks in advance!

Is this a Hotel Room, or an office building?

Who would likely be stealing these cables? Random members of the public/guests, or actual employees?

If it's a Hotel, just bill them for it if they steal the cable.

If it's employees, you've got a theft issue - you can try talking discretely to the people caught, or simply fire their asses.

If they are outside guests - it depends - if they pay to book the room, increase the price to compensate for loss, or, as above, bill them when they steal the cable.

Make sure to charge extra if you bill anyone.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried raceways, not only do they look professional (kinda) but they take time and effort to defeat a thing most people lack.