Why are my fans not spinning?

So I'm building my new rig. Everything has been put in place, and I'm trying to get it to post. I have gotten power to my mobo and GPU, which I can see by the rgb lighting turning on.

My problem is that my fans aren't spinning. Have I put them in the wrong headers? Is it because the computer isn't on heavy load, so they automatically don't spin?

I haven't actually turned on my monitor to see if it has posted since I'm worried for the components to overheat.

Here are some pictures of where the fans are connected

(Note) The fans I am connecting here are fans for my AIO water cooler. I have two other fans which are connected via SATA cables which are put into the PSU :)

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

4 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

don't worry about overheating.

you can have the pc on for a few minutes without issues (if the heatsink is on) if its in the bios, its more than fine.

have you tried different fans in different headers ?

the fans connected directly to the psu might not turn on untill you have a pretty heavy load (say if the psu monitors its fan and turns it off under low load.)

when the psu is on, do you see lights on your motherboard ?

I suggest you plug in your monitor, see if it posts. perhaps you have a problem with the motherboard.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Should've posted in Troubleshooting, my bad

The dream:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

Well, you haven''t plugged in the front panel connectors, so if you're using the power button on the case, nothing will happen until you connect the front panel connectors to the board. Also, move the CPU fan from the header you have it plugged into, into the white one above it. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Well, you haven''t plugged in the front panel connectors, so if you're using the power button on the case, nothing will happen until you connect the front panel connectors to the board. Also, move the CPU fan from the header you have it plugged into, into the white one above it. 

Don't worry, I have the front panel headers plugged in now, these pics were from before that. And is the CPU fan cable just straight out placed wrong by me?

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

Just now, givingtnt said:

you can have the pc on for a few minutes without issues (if the heatsink is on) if its in the bios, its more than fine.

3 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

I haven't tried different fan header. I think there are only two? I can't seem to find the others. And do you mean switching them around?

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, MValuableP said:

Don't worry, I have the front panel headers plugged in now, these pics were from before that. And is the CPU fan cable just straight out placed wrong by me?

The way it is now, it is plugged into the CPU_optional header rather than the primary header. It may not make a difference, but it's better to have it on the primary header. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

The way it is now, it is plugged into the CPU_optional header rather than the primary header. It may not make a difference, but it's better to have it on the primary header. 

Alright, I moved it. Do you have any logical explanation for why the fans aren't spinning? They are in the "right" headers, yeah? And I did the right thing by connecting the external fans via SATA?

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

I haven't tried different fan header. I think there are only two? I can't seem to find the others. And do you mean switching them around?

yes, switch thm around. try plugging the fans from the psu into the motherboard.

if you see that a fan works, try the others on that header, then take the fan that worked, and try it on the other headers.

that way you can figure out 

1. is it the motherboard

2. is it the psu

3. what fans are working / broken

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Alright, I moved it. Do you have any logical explanation for why the fans aren't spinning? They are in the "right" headers, yeah? And I did the right thing by connecting the external fans via SATA?

normally, as soon as you press the power button, all fans should go full throttle.

its very odd tha none of them spin. it could be a problem with your motherboard.
do you have another pc you can try them on ?

2 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

Are the fans connected via a SATA to 3 pin cable then? It's not right or wrong, it's just another way to connect them. You could try connecting them to the CHA_fan headers instead to see if they work. 

If the fans don't spin when you boot up, there's likely an issue with the boot somewhere, so the system isn't actually powering up. Could you post a picture of the whole system and try to get all of the connectors in the picture? There may be a connector missing somewhere. 

EDIT: On boot all fans should run at full RPM for a couple of seconds before any 0RPM or PWM control comes in. 

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Are the fans connected via a SATA to 3 pin cable then? It's not right or wrong, it's just another way to connect them. You could try connecting them to the CHA_fan headers instead to see if they work. 

If the fans don't spin when you boot up, there's likely an issue with the boot somewhere, so the system isn't actually powering up. Could you post a picture of the whole system and try to get all of the connectors in the picture? There may be a connector missing somewhere. 

Here are some pics of the thing. Just tell me if you want more precise pics :)

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The external fans are 4-pin connected, to a 2x4-pin to SATA cable which is probably somewhat visible on the backside of the pc from the pics I posted

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

Here are some pics of the thing. Just tell me if you want more precise pics :)

IMG_1114.JPG

The 8pin CPU power connector in the top left of the board isn't connected. That's why the system isn't booting. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The 8pin CPU power connector in the top left of the board isn't connected. That's why the system isn't booting. 

You're making me feel so dumb looool. Sorry about wasting your time being this stupid xD, thanks though!

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

Just now, MValuableP said:

You're making me feel so dumb looool. Sorry about wasting your time being this stupid xD, thanks though!

We all start somewhere, you learn over time with these things. Is the system booting now? 

Last system I built I got it all put together then realised I forgot the rear I/O shield and had to pull everything out just to put it in.