Did his parents really name him slick as a baby?

Sammael

I'm relatively new, so I don't know any back stories.  But that is just a nick name right?  I guess it is possible it's a real name, I mean Linus parents named him Linus, but they could have just been really big fans of linux and changed his name around 91, or maybe they are nords like Torvalds and liked that name.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Slicks oil cooled PC!

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

I'm relatively new, so I don't know any back stories.  But that is just a nick name right?  I guess it is possible it's a real name, I mean Linus parents named him Linus, but they could have just been really big fans of linux and changed his name around 91, or maybe they are nords like Torvalds and liked that name.

that title made my day. thank you so much

yes

Definitely not Luke...

If you look in some of the more recent videos they have actually started to use their real names, Brandon is B-roll, Edzel is Dezel, and Luke is Slick.

As people have said before though the name slick is from his oil cooled PC.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

"Linus" is a greek name ^^ not a nordic one.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

no linus is named linus because his parents liked the name he has addressed this before and slicks real name is luke because linus wanted to help protect his identity but since ces all that went out the door

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

No, his father was a Star Wars fan.

no linus is named linus because his parents liked the name he has addressed this before and slicks real name is luke because linus wanted to help protect his identity but since ces all that went out the door

They named him after Linus Pauling

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Slick is luke Lafr.there nothing els OK ok 

:lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  :D

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

lol lafr isn't his full last name its only part of it. His last name is Lafreniere.

i know to be honest i just copy and pasted that part from his twitch. :)

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Linus is Linus because he is Linus.

Slick is Slick because he is Slick.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Isn't Linus named after the Charlie Brown character?

Didn't he mention this in a livestream?

The name is still of Greek origin.

It's the name of Apollo's son.

No, his father was a Star Wars fan.

LOL - Hadn't thought of that.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads