My overclocking results

When overclocking my EVGA 1070 GPU. These were my results

Benchmark: Heaven Benchmark 4.0 (See setting below)

Software: EVGA Precision XOC 

The numbers

CPU Clock: +150 (2138 MHz)

Memory Clock: 250 (4204 MHz)

Temps: 65C and below 

2017-05-11.png

2017-05-11 (1).png

OK and???? also use something like sharex or at least crop your image next time since more then 50% percent of those photos are wasted space

That looks pretty good!

Are the clocks stable tho? they often go down after stresstesting for a long time.

Ive always been sceptical to evga's coolers but those temps looks really nice

59 minutes ago, Christopher_ said:

Are the clocks stable tho? they often go down after stresstesting for a long time.

This is due to temps. Pascal thermal throttles in small steps. Every few degrees drops clockspeeds by give or take 13MHz. You need the thing under about 40c to hold max turbo in any scenario.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

That's not stable :) Or not neccessary.

Heaven / Valley are not GPU-Rockstable benchmarks. I got my GTX 1060 perfectly stable in Valley, and Firestrike didn't even wanted to start... ;)

Go for 3D Mark Firestrike. If that runs through, then it's pretty stable. Then only gaming untill something happens if even.

Btw: You might try going up with Memory clock. Usually +500 is quite easy on those chips

Btw 2: Those small steps / Thresholds of Pascal should come every 10°C. You can watch the Clock speeds + Temperatures when the Card is cold, and you start a Benchmark. At what temperature points the Boost drops by a step.

That is normal. And yes, 40°C should be the first "step down". 50, 60, 70 again.. So you keeping the card below 70°C is already good, and the Clock speeds are Very good for that temperature. If they are REALLY stable ^^ Like i said, go test Firestrike.

Not sure if Unigines new Superposition is similar, but test that too. But i have good experience with Firestrike, when it comes to see if GPU OC is stable.

11 hours ago, Christopher_ said:

That looks pretty good!

Ive always been sceptical to evga's coolers but those temps looks really nice

They are indeed stable after about 2 hours of not only valley but firestike too. Any ideas what I can do to make it more stable.

11 hours ago, Alaradia said:

OK and???? also use something like sharex or at least crop your image next time since more then 50% percent of those photos are wasted space

What was the purpose of this post. Why is image cropping so important too you. The purpose if my post was informative to give others advice and for people to give me advice. Your comment was of no use to anyone on this website. 

1 minute ago, Carnage TK said:

They are indeed stable after about 2 hours of not only valley but firestike too. Any ideas what I can do to make it more stable.

Add a bit of voltage, I find 50% the best for Pascal. Also you can add at least +500 to the Vmem.  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 hour ago, Carnage TK said:

If Firestrike runs without any Problems.. You can say it's stable~.

Just play like normally. If you encounter ANY blackscreen or instability, just lower the clock speed by 1-2 steps, or raise voltage.

10 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Btw 2: Those small steps / Thresholds of Pascal should come every 10°C. You can watch the Clock speeds + Temperatures when the Card is cold, and you start a Benchmark. At what temperature points the Boost drops by a step.

That is normal. And yes, 40°C should be the first "step down". 50, 60, 70 again.. So you keeping the card below 70°C is already good, and the Clock speeds are Very good for that temperature. If they are REALLY stable ^^ Like i said, go test Firestrike.

I don't know if this is for desktops. As far as I know, it's every 7c I think. At least on notebooks. Desktops I really don't know. The problem is you need to 100% make sure that the card is NOT under a TDP limit. Because Pascal is also really TDP limited. I think possibly the best card to check with would be something like an ASUS Strix 1080, or an EVGA FTW/Classified with a Strix BIOS flashed to it, so it has the 400W TDP limit. No chance of TDP running out, can force fans to be a bit quiet so the cooling doesn't keep it "too cool" and doesn't let it up the temps so the clockspeed could be observed.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

2 hours ago, Darkseth said:

If Firestrike runs without any Problems.. You can say it's stable~.

Just play like normally. If you encounter ANY blackscreen or instability, just lower the clock speed by 1-2 steps, or raise voltage.

What voltage percentage would you recommend I raise it up too? 

As much as you want.

If you cap it at +100, the GPU should get max 1.093 Volt or so~.

Still perfectly fine, as long the Temperatures aren't too high (which should not happen).

But that might give you a few more boost stages . If you're lucky, 2150 Mhz~ stable. ^^

12 hours ago, Darkseth said:

That's not stable :) Or not neccessary.

Heaven / Valley are not GPU-Rockstable benchmarks. I got my GTX 1060 perfectly stable in Valley, and Firestrike didn't even wanted to start... ;)

Go for 3D Mark Firestrike. If that runs through, then it's pretty stable. Then only gaming untill something happens if even.

Btw: You might try going up with Memory clock. Usually +500 is quite easy on those chips

Not sure if Unigines new Superposition is similar, but test that too. But i have good experience with Firestrike, when it comes to see if GPU OC is stable.

i use an hour of witcher 3. thatll find ANY unstable overclocks. i play it for a few hours when testing my 480 (which is now stable at 1411 :P)

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

8 hours ago, Carnage TK said:

What was the purpose of this post. Why is image cropping so important too you. The purpose if my post was informative to give others advice and for people to give me advice. Your comment was of no use to anyone on this website. 

yet it has a thumbs up. image cropping is important since it allows you to focus on the image and not waste space and it's really easy to do sharex will do it automatically and there's many other screenshot applications that will do it as well even the windows snipping tool. also you didn't post full computer spec so we don't know if your being cpu bottlenecked or affected by memory or really anything. if more then 50% of the image is pointless it shouldn't be there just a suggestion imagine if ltt shot all their videos from 10 feet away with a wide angle lens it wouldn't be very good and they cant focus on the important information and they're just wasting storage space. its just a suggestion if you want to make better posts

10 hours ago, Nickathom said:

i use an hour of witcher 3. thatll find ANY unstable overclocks. i play it for a few hours when testing my 480 (which is now stable at 1411 :P)

yea i heared the skellige forest is the most demanding part of the game, especially in 4k :D