TRENDnet TPL-410APK information required

PcMasterRaceNewborn

So I am planning on getting a TRENDnet TPL-410APK powerline adapter, since my room is pretty far from our router. However, I would just like to ask some questions. Since this community seems pretty trusty, I wanted to know if this product has a long life, or just dies after a few weeks (as a few amazon reviews have stated). I could just trust my gut and go for it, but you know... don't really want to waste 50 pounds here, do I?

Also, could you guys give me any good suggestions below 70$ or £50 if this is a bad option? thanks.

don't really want to waste 50 pounds here

you still have the warranty 

you still have the warranty 

Fair enough, but I'd much rather get a good one straight off the bat, rather than go through some sort of trial and error process, you see.

Is there any reason you can't use a Yagi indoor antenna?  Easy and cheap to build, or even find on ebay.  Massive signal gain because of how directional it is.

So I am planning on getting a TRENDnet TPL-410APK powerline adapter, since my room is pretty far from our router. However, I would just like to ask some questions. Since this community seems pretty trusty, I wanted to know if this product has a long life, or just dies after a few weeks (as a few amazon reviews have stated). I could just trust my gut and go for it, but you know... don't really want to waste 50 pounds here, do I?

Also, could you guys give me any good suggestions below 70$ or £50 if this is a bad option? thanks.

The biggest question is, do you have good enough wiring to use power line? Thats the 50 pound question. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.