Picking a 1080 ti

So I'm looking to upgrade to a new gpu, I decided on the 1080 ti but haven't quite decide on which custom board to get, I like the Strix and the Amp! Extreme, are there any other cards that run higher clocked or way cooler and fit a red black color scheme, gunmetal gray is ok too

Get the Aorus Xtreme, it has a 150% power multiplier so it should have the best perf.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

maybe the msi 1080ti?

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Get the Aorus Xtreme, it has a 150% power multiplier so it should have the best perf.

The orange accents don't quite fit the color scheme...

maybe the msi 1080ti?

I like the color, how is cooling on that I know that a friend of mine had issues with the 900 series version of the cooler

EVGA 1080 ti SC2 or FTW Editon

premium hardware and performance

That SC black edition tho, now I have 3 more cards to pick from, you know it's a first world problem to have issues deciding between $700 gpus 

That SC black edition tho, now I have 3 more cards to pick from, you know it's a first world problem to have issues deciding between $700 gpus 

i understand..

i will be getting the SC2 for myself

I believe the MSI's still have the cleanest VRMs. Zotac probably the best overall for extreme overclocking, Gigabyte the best VRM-cooler combo.

I am a huge fan of EVGA for GPUs so I'd say the FTW3.  They are consistently a top performer, they are extremely water cooling friendly, and their customer service is some of the best I've ever dealt with.

i just got the msi 1080 Ti Gaming x and its great over my old FE, i have it overclocked and it doesnt go above 75c with fans around 60% or 70% and its near silent i have a red theme build too and it matches well 

2017-05-10 11.35.41.jpg

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

EVGA FTW3

Great cooler, premium hardware, great overclocking potential, looks great

EVGA is basically the best brand to go to for GPU

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

Asus Strix or MSI Gaming X are pretty great in terms of Cooling perforance per Noise produced.

EVGA's models are also nice (mainly because of their incredible support).

Performance will be 100% exactly identical. Why? Because every model is a GTX 1080 ti.

Factory OC is not interesting for anyone. You can change the Clock speeds within less than 5 Seconds with MSI Afterburner. Why chose a model just because it has 20 Mhz more factory OC that you probably won't even measure?

You look at Cooling performance + Noise.

Second will be stuff like features, warranty/support, PCB design etc.

Palit Jetstream is a very nice cheaper option.

Stay away from the Gamerock, it's louder (they tried something new with their 4-Fan design... didn't work well).

Jetstream is one of the cheapest, and still quietest.

Powerlimit is only interesting for those, who want to push the CLock speed as high as possible, and care about 25 Mhz more or less ;)

For some others... Very good Custom designs are (Source is a big german Magazine, PC Games hardware):

- MSI Gaming X

- Gigabyte Aorus Extreme

They both hit a rockstable 2075 Mhz with maxed voltage/fanspeed/powertarget.

Memory OC they hit 6100 / 6200 Mhz stable.

I would get one of those, or the Jetstream if you want a better Price / Performance, since it can cost like 100 bucks less than those "big models" from MSI/Gigabyte.

For more informations and first hands on: https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamesHardware/videos

For example the jetstream: 

Don't mind the German.

Get to the point where he starts his test with Witcher 3 (4k in Skellige forest) at Minute 4:14~. First he trys a Founders, to see how it throttles after a few Minutes warmup.

Then he includes the Custom model he is checking how it performs.

He looks at Max temperature after Warmup, if Powerlimit kicks in, what the max Boost is, and Fan speed in rpm (to see how quiet it is). Very promising.

If you raise the Powerlimit only, you can get 1886 Mhz out of the box without Throttling, with a quite low noise (1350 rpm Fans), at only 74°C

Edit: Worth Mentioning here: The cheap Jetstream cooler is very very decent. It does have fully cooled VRMs, AND Vram Chips.

Not just with air, they are Cooled with a metal plate, that has direct contact with the big Cooler. (See at Minute 3:00)

EVGA SC2: