Is this a good buy? What should I offer? ASUS Xonar Essence ST 24-bit 192KHz PCI

SnowBob

No crap it has an amp, it's disabled. You go into settings and it gives you a warning before you can enable it. Don't argue with me when you haven't used the product. 

It has to have an amp or it wouldn't electrically work.

No crap it has an amp, it's disabled. You go into settings and it gives you a warning before you can enable it. Don't argue with me when you haven't used the product. 

You don't disable the amp by doing that, all it does is change the gain on the opamp chip. The output impedance remains the same.

I said nothing about selling anything here. I advertise very little, most of my products sell from word of mouth. No smoke and mirrors here, considering my lines of amps/dac's have the word objective in them.

I'm not over-exaggerating anything. I speak facts and nothing but. 

Just because you believe it to be fact when a majority of others disagree doesn't make it true. The fact you say everyone on head-fi is wrong implies you think you're always right. Saying you know more than people you don't know is kinda having a god complex. 

You think the experts on head-fi know less than you and I'm curious why?

I'm talking about the one for higher impedance headphones. 

So what's your point? So don't plug it into your motherboard because it has current? Logically nothing you guys are saying makes sense. 

Yes, the majority of people are wrong when it comes to audio. Most of people of head-fi are mislead by marketing, it's not their fault. Yes I am the god of audio, didn't you know?  :rolleyes:

I went to school for circuitry I know what actually works and what doesn't. There are very few factually correct experts on headfi.

Continue with what? You've never owned one but you sure as hell act like you have. 

Never seen such an inflated head group of people in one place. 

Yes, the majority of people are wrong when it comes to audio. Most of people of head-fi are mislead by marketing, it's not their fault. Yes I am the god of audio, didn't you know?  :rolleyes:

I went to school for circuitry I know what actually works and what doesn't. There are very few factually correct experts on headfi.

After all that and you sell electronics? Makes sense. If you were that talented you'd be doing something else. 

@Mayflower

After doing some digging your so called "Electronics Store" is nothing more than you selling stuff to people over ebay or PayPal transactions on your very limited website. 

I'm kinda confused as to what the hell you makes you an industry affiliate. I sell stuff on eBay too, does that make me an industry affiliate? You were talking like you had an actual brick and mortar store and you had employees.

You sure talk a big game for someone who doesn't have anything more than a website with a couple products to choose from. Where's your store electronics salesman?

I'm gonna go door to door selling newspapers so I can become an industry affiliate. LMAO, goes to show how little meaning that title really means. What a con artist you are!

Continue with what? You've never owned one but you sure as hell act like you have. 

Never seen such an inflated head group of people in one place. 

After all that and you sell electronics? Makes sense. If you were that talented you'd be doing something else. 

Every post you have made from 42 has been either wrong or nonsensical.  You simply do not understand how the audio signal is processed or the electrical properties of headphones and amplifiers. You contradict yourself, you don't even understand how every single sound source, be it onboard, soundcard or usb DAC must have a physical amp in order to drive headphones.

But continue to tell us we are wrong if you want. I can't vouch for mayflower but I have three nationally recognised qualifications in electrical engineering and have over 30 experience with it. So you get to choose whether you want to keep making a fool out of yourself or whether you will simply accept that audio is a complicated, it is not cut and dry and there is a lot of misinformation out there the least of which is marketing BS.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Every post you have made from 42 has been either wrong or nonsensical.  You simply do not understand how the audio signal is processed or the electrical properties of headphones and amplifiers. You contradict yourself, you don't even understand how every single sound source, be it onboard, soundcard or usb DAC must have a physical amp in order to drive headphones.

But continue to tell us we are wrong if you want. I can't vouch for mayflower but I have three nationally recognised qualifications in electrical engineering and have over 30 experience with it. So you get to choose whether you want to keep making a fool out of yourself or whether you will simply accept that audio is a complicated, it is not cut and dry and there is a lot of misinformation out there the least of which is marketing BS.

I'm going based on actual sound. I'm not getting into all this technical crap because I don't know crap about it. 

The fact you're arguing how the ST is when you've never used one is stupid. Telling me I'm wrong that you don't have to enable to amp on the card for high impermanence headphones is completely false and wrong, I don't care if you have a Doctorate because it's wrong information. 

@Mayflower

After doing some digging your so called "Electronics Store" is nothing more than you selling stuff to people over ebay or PayPal transactions on your very limited website. 

I'm kinda confused as to what the hell you makes you an industry affiliate. I sell stuff on eBay too, does that make me an industry affiliate? You were talking like you had an actual brick and mortar store and you had employees.

You sure talk a big game for someone who doesn't have anything more than a website with a couple products to choose from. Where's your store electronics salesman?

I'm gonna go door to door selling newspapers so I can become an industry affiliate. LMAO, goes to show how little meaning that title really means. What a con artist you are!

Go make a successful electronics business, and make your own website by yourself with no help. Come back to me 2 years and then you can insult me.

I'm not a salesmen. 

I'm going based on actual sound. I'm not getting into all this technical crap because I don't know crap about it. 

The fact you're ST how the auguring is when you've stupid used one is never . Telling me I'm headphones that you don't have to enable to amp on the card for high impermanence wrong is completely false and wrong, I don't care if you have a information because it's wrong Doctorate. 

The fact you're arguing how the ST is when you've never used one is stupid. Telling me I'm wrong that you don't have to enable to amp on the card for high impermanence headphones is completely false and wrong, I don't care if you have a Doctorate because it's wrong information. 

If you are talking out of your ass, isn't that embarrassing when you are proved wrong?

Why would he waste his money on a sound card? He's educated in audio, I doubt anyone who is owns one. (Minus @h264). 

you choose fool then.

I never said anything about "enabling an amp to use high impedance headphones".  You have to have an amp in order to drive ANY headphones not just high impedance. These are included on ALL soundcards, mobo's and USB dacs that drive headphones.

The first thing you need to do is stop making assumptions,  You assume I don't own a soundcard, you assume the amp is something that can be turned of and on.  You don't get it, stop speaking shit.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If you are talking out of your ass, isn't that embarrassing when you are proved wrong?

Why would he waste his money on a sound card? He's educated in audio, I doubt anyone who is owns one. (Minus @h264). 

hehehehehehe  I actually own about 4 but I only use one and that's for studio multi tracking which is a little different.

Go make a successful electronics business, and make your own website by yourself with no help. Come back to me 2 years and then you can insult me.

I'm not a salesmen. 

You said you own an electronics store but where's the store? You're going around lying and pretending you're somebody you're not. You said "I own an electronics store so I know what I'm talking about." Having a website with like 5 things and you only sell to people on eBay or through PayPal does not make you an expert. I'm sure I've sold more electronics face to face with actual people than you have, so what gives you the right to say you know more because you have a website?

The fact is, you go around here with your "Affiliate" label pretending to know more than everyone else. When in actuality all you do is buy a couple items and resell them for a profit! Your glorifying yourself as something you're not and it's pretty apparent. 

The fact you're ST how the auguring is when you've stupid used one is never . Telling me I'm headphones that you don't have to enable to amp on the card for high impermanence wrong is completely false and wrong, I don't care if you have a information because it's wrong Doctorate. 

Sorry, you know I had a 4 year old screaming while I was typing. Nice way to show how mature you really are :)

you choose fool then.

I never said anything about "enabling an amp to use high impedance headphones".  You have to have an amp in order to drive ANY headphones not just high impedance. These are included on ALL soundcards, mobo's and USB dacs that drive headphones.

The first thing you need to do is stop making assumptions,  You assume I don't own a soundcard, you assume the amp is something that can be turned of and on.  You don't get it, stop speaking shit.

So whats your point? Don't plug low impedance headphones into a sound card because it has an amp? So what do you plug them into if they can't take any form of current? And I was talking about enabling the amp and you argued with me so don't go playing the stupid card like you weren't arguing about that. Go back a re-read what I said and then what you said. You just like to argue because you're smart and you want others to know it. And yes, the amp can be turned off. Go ahead and ask if you think I'm wrong.

When did you prove me wrong Mr. Ebay salesman? Go ahead and keep pretending you're an industry insider because it's pretty damn funny. I'm gonna make sure I go around and tell everyone what you really are you con artist. 

So whats your point? Don't plug low impedance headphones into a sound card because it has an amp? So what do you plug them into if they can't take any form of current? And I was talking about enabling the amp and you argued with me so don't go playing the stupid card like you weren't arguing about that. Go back a re-read what I said and then what you said. You just like to argue because you're smart and you want others to know it. And yes, the amp can be turned off. Go ahead and ask if you think I'm wrong.

you said:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/77790-is-this-a-good-buy-what-should-i-offer-asus-xonar-essence-st-24-bit-192khz-pci/?p=1078259

O.K smarty how do you use headphones without an amp? If you turn the amp off you will get no sound at all. :rolleyes:

You said you own an electronics store but where's the store? You're going around lying and pretending you're somebody you're not. You said "I own an electronics store so I know what I'm talking about." Having a website with like 5 things and you only sell to people on eBay or through PayPal does not make you an expert. I'm sure I've sold more electronics face to face with actual people than you have, so what gives you the right to say you know more because you have a website?

The fact is, you go around here with your "Affiliate" label pretending to know more than everyone else. When in actuality all you do is buy a couple items and resell them for a profit! Your glorifying yourself as something you're not and it's pretty apparent. 

I've been reading this battle from afar, and admittedly, I know nothing about how audio works, but I felt the urge to chime in and ask you this one simple question: Are you really that much of an ignorant asshole? Oh, and news flash, this is 2013, not 1975, since when is having a brick-and-mortar location a requirement for having a store? Lots of companies do business only online. Lots of companies started out small. Lots of companies use paypal. And some companies use Ebay. The personal attacks you're making are appalling.

I refuse to take sides with shit like this, but you yourself said you know nothing about the technical aspect of it, so you'd "rather not get into it," yet everyone else seems to be trying to explain technical details on why your claims make no sense. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I doubt anyone who is owns one. (Minus @h264). 

My Xonar Essence STX remains in my case, useless, a monument to my previous stupidity.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I've been reading this battle from afar, and admittedly, I know nothing about how audio works, but I felt the urge to chime in and ask you this one simple question: Are you really that much of an ignorant asshole? Oh, and news flash, this is 2013, not 1975, since when is having a brick-and-mortar location a requirement for having a store? Lots of companies do business only online. Lots of companies started out small. Lots of companies use paypal. And some companies use Ebay. The personal attacks you're making are appalling.

I refuse to take sides with shit like this, but you yourself said you know nothing about the technical aspect of it, so you'd "rather not get into it," yet everyone else seems to be trying to explain technical details on why your claims make no sense. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

+1 

Have some cake

cheesecaske-slice.jpg

When did you prove me wrong Mr. Ebay salesman? Go ahead and keep pretending you're an industry insider because it's pretty damn funny. I'm gonna make sure I go around and tell everyone what you really are you con artist. 

I'm not an insider, I'm an affiliate. Please go ahead, it will bring more traffic towards the website.

It has two amps smarty. 

Right.

:wub:

He said he owned an electronics store so he knows what he's talking about. When in fact he doesn't! He's a regular dude that sells a couple things on Ebay a month for some extra spending money. He's making himself seem like he's this big business man and you can't argue with him. I'm sorry if you don't like it but it's complete crap and not true. He's representing himself to others to be something he's not and that can hurt people. 

I'm not an insider, I'm an affiliate. Please go ahead, it will bring more traffic towards the website.

Right.

:wub:

You sure act like you have an insight to the industry so that would make you an insider. I guess you don't know what an insider is, although you act like one. Going around telling people you own an electronics store and you know what you're talking about. Give me a break!

He said he owned an electronics store

Enlighten me on what you think the definition of "owned" is, please. I'll wait patiently.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti