Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
linustouchtips

Nvidia Double Profits due to Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

What what?

 

q/q is down 11%.  switch only went on the market in nvidia's q1 2018.  Which means not only has their profit not doubled in the time the switch has been out but it is not caused by it.

why are we talking quarter to quarter when we're talking year-to-year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zMeul said:

why are we talking quarter to quarter when we're talking year-to-year?

Because that is the only period the switch has been on the market.


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Because that is the only period the switch has been on the market.

nowhere in the article Guru3D gives data that support the title, nowhere

 

and PS: the Switch being on the market only in last quarter means shit since the Switch wasn't just designed

Nintendo paid for the IP well in advance - looking at quarter-to-quarter revenue to find Switch sales is very wrong

if you want to find the money nVidia made from the Switch deal, you'd have to look about 1y back

Edited by zMeul
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zMeul said:

nowhere in the article Guru3D gives data that support the title, nowhere

We all know this, that is why we are saying the switch had nothing to do with it.  their revenue dropped 11% in the quarter the switch was on sale. Hence why everyone is saying the title is wrong.

 

 

 


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mr moose said:

We all know this, that is why we are saying the switch had nothing to do with it.  their revenue dropped 11% in the quarter the switch was on sale. Hence why everyone is saying the title is wrong.

see my updated previos post, quarter-to-quarter has shit to do with the Switch sales

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zMeul said:

nowhere in the article Guru3D gives data that support the title, nowhere

 

and PS: the Switch being on the market only in last quarter means shit since the Switch wasn't just designed

Nintendo paid for the IP well in advance - looking at quarter-to-quarter revenue to find Switch sales is very wrong

if you want to find the money nVidia made from the Switch deal, you'd have to look about 1y back

According to the link you posted earlier, nvidia's IP revenue took a 10% hit that year.  So they didn't double their profits from that.

 

 


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr moose said:

According to the link you posted earlier, nvidia's IP revenue took a 10% hit that year.  So they didn't double their profits from that.

nowhere did I claimed they did

also, their Tegra sales got them ~300mil$ this year

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zMeul said:

nowhere did I claimed they did

Right here:

11 minutes ago, zMeul said:

nowhere in the article Guru3D gives data that support the title, nowhere

 

and PS: the Switch being on the market only in last quarter means shit since the Switch wasn't just designed

Nintendo paid for the IP well in advance - looking at quarter-to-quarter revenue to find Switch sales is very wrong

if you want to find the money nVidia made from the Switch deal, you'd have to look about 1y back

 


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mr moose said:

Right here:

what!? NO!

where did I told you nVidia doubled anything from the Nintendo deal?  ... nowhere

 

hell, I even told you that they only made 300mil$+ from their whole Tegra business, that includes gaming and auto-motive market

so, wtf man o.O

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zMeul said:

what!? NO!

where did I told you nVidia doubled anything from the Nintendo deal?  ... nowhere

 

hell, I even told you that they only made 300mil$+ from their whole Tegra business, that includes gaming and auto-motive market

so, wtf man o.O

 

That is what the thread is about, Nintendo being responsible for nvidia's profit.  You claimed nintendo paid for IP that helped send nvidias profit up. Even though their IP revenue dropped y to y.  All I said was that nintendo switch has only been on sale during q1 and their profits dropped for that quarter.

 

I really don't understand what the issue is.  Unless someone has some qualifying data then what I have said is not false.


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mr moose said:

You claimed nintendo paid for IP that helped send nvidias profit up

nononooo

I did not claimed that at all, you should read my posts from the beginning of the thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zMeul said:

nononooo

I did not claimed that at all, you should read my posts from the beginning of the thread

why, you responded to mine.   All I have done is talk to the thread title and why it is wrong.


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mr moose said:

why, you responded to mine.   All I have done is talk to the thread title and why it is wrong.

I seriously don't even recall

doing too many things at once :$

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×