• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Babyballable

I need a new Monitor

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys!

So my monitor sucks. I was looking for a new one, but choosing one is harder than I thought!

I found two monitors for a a pretty good price:

Asus VG248QE ( TN panel, 144Hz, 1ms) for 1240,00zł -> ~380$ https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG248QE/

Asus MX239H ( IPS panel, 70Hz, 5ms) for 990,00zł -> ~300$ https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/MX239H/

I will be using it for gaming, video editing, photoshop... pretty much for everything.

Ideally I would like an IPS monitor with something like ~120Hz and ~2ms with 24 inch display.

My price range is about ~400$ and I could use some suggestions.

Thanks!

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

All IPS/PLS panel are 60Hz. While some monitor could support up to 75Hz refresh rate, this is NOT putting the panel at 75Hz, it's still 60Hz. This was implemented to improve video quality of when using VGA cable, as the signal is stronger, as 60Hz at 1080p... if you live an area of high interferences, you'll get a fuzzy image.

In that price range, there's no need for you to consider buying a TN panel monitor. You must go for an IPS or at least VA ( TN is a big no-no). And the GTG response time doesn't matter that much when you're talking about ~5ms or less.

The MX239H is very good at image quality, especially because it has an AH-IPS.

A very decent monitor with VA panel is the BenQ GW2750HM: http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/gw2750hm

I hope it helps :)

Posted · Original PosterOP

Thanks for help guys! Now I see no reason to get a TN panel.

I will buy the MX239H in my local store!

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

Personally I think buying TN 120Hz or more screen is good only if you're going to do some 3D stuff, or you're into serious FPS esports.

mx is a slick monitor, but has like 10-12 ms response time...there's a dell that is in your price range- u2412hm (or u2312hm)- both are excellent in terms of color reproduction and viewing angels-and both have pivot,swivel and tilt - pretty much the best buy option. (both have better response time then mx series - 5-6 ms )

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

I have the MX239H and it's really awesome, the image quality is great, and I haven't noticed and input lag. It is really good looking and the speakers aren't half bad to be honest. It also has a super slim bezel (1CM maybe?) so would be good for surround. I is decently priced for what it is, I love it.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

Well not sure if you are still looking but I had some success with a nice ips panel from south korea ( my review is nate )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BFINX2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its in code tags because the url was messing up

My Setup:

CPU: I7-3930k @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H100 in PP /w NF-F12 | MOBO: Asus P9X79 WS LGA 2011 | RAM  32 GB Mushkin Redline @  2133  | GPU:  (2) Sapphire 7970 GHz 6G edition | Case:  NZXT Switch 810 | Storage: Raid 0: Mushkin ssd total 480 GB | PSU: XFX ProSeries 1250W

Displays: (3) Acer GD235HZbid (120 hz) with a Ergotech Triple Monitor ArmStand /w telescoping wings | Keyboard: Xarmor black backlight mechanical with cherry blues | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD  | Sound: Logitech 5.1 Z-5500 and Astro A-40's

At that price range I would suggest a Korean 1440p panel if you don t mind the A- grade panel,

O and forget anythign more that 60hz on a IPS panel.

You got to choose color reproduction at 60hz or 120hz and TN colors.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB