MKBHD Studio Tour

@nicklmg So Marques will also come to your clean and organised studio?

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

They're probably referring to the "FAKE VIDEOS" title. The whole idea is playing into the joke of the video, but I guess I see where they're coming from a bit. Idk, it's like some people don't want us to have fun :( lol.

I'm all for fun, especially in the video itself. Linus knows no bounds to the number of innuendos he can make in a single video. ;) But I think the issue here is that without watching the video, the title doesn't seem to portray the sarcasm behind the fun in the video at first glance. As an avid follower of LTT and MKBHD, I totally get it, but thinking like someone looking in from the outside, I'd assume video might actually be a ranting insult to another YouTuber, which could make me choose not to watch it.

From my experiences communicating with people (women, businesses, and family members), I've found that sarcasm, cynicism, and other such jokes don't always come across well at first glance. Text cannot portray the body language or tone of voice that the video contains, so unless someone new decides to watch the video, titles like these might be doing more harm than good.

I work in marketing myself, running multiple Facebook Ad Campaigns for local Wedding and New Mom & Baby shows, so reading into how people react to ad copy and images isn't beyond my knowledge, so I thought I'd throw my two bits of constructive criticism into the pot. However, what really matters is the results of your YouTube Creator Studio analytics, so if the audience wants more stuff like this, then so be it: gotta give the audience what the audience wants to keep bringing in that sweet YouTube money.

Regardless, you guys have done yet another amazing job at making me laugh with this video, so keep on scripting and filming as you will.

OH AND PLEASE NO MORE ALL CAPS LOCK TITLES. K THNX BAI. :D 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

My god Linus! You're like a loose cat xD cat pushing & moving & clawing everything that can be moved

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

As a veterinarian, it mostly depends on the scale of the object. For example, I wouldn't measure a tumor in inches since 1-1/8" doesn't look as clean as 2.9cm and inches could be inaccurate for such a small object. On the same note, I won't write that "this colt is 120cm tall" when 47.25 inches is easier to comprehend for larger objects. Weight will be given in both so that feeding can be easily measured out based on comfort for the owner.

Interesting. And, your a veterinarian? Cool! Have you ever had someone ask you to put down a goldfish?

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

14 minutes ago, l0bst3r said:

@nicklmg So Marques will also come to your clean and organised studio?

He's more than welcome to visit our studio and create a real harsh criticism of our space :D 

12 minutes ago, kirashi said:

-snip-

Eh... it's all about context. YouTube titles aren't meant to include a synopsis of the video, they're meant to encourage a viewer to find out what the video includes by watching it.

If someone is judging the content of YouTube videos based on title alone then they're probably missing out on a lot of interesting, excellent content.

Now, if they're unfamiliar with Linus and MKBHD then they might watch the video and get the wrong impression (not understanding that Linus is essentially playing a character), but that has as much (or more) to do with the overall theme of the video as it does with the title.

@nicklmgwhat is the smudge at 5:25 were they trying to edit out the editor or is it simply a smudge spot that got stuck on the camera?

4 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Yeah me too.. but it turns out it's better for viewership to just dangle a carrot that says "maybe there's something good in here.. there's only one way to find out"..

le sigh.

Frak em like a Cylon, great video.

Some background on the

MKBHD

guy is needed, I wont bother to search.

Also his place is much cleaner/tidier the LTT World Domination HQ

7 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

As a veterinarian, it mostly depends on the scale of the object. For example, I wouldn't measure a tumor in inches since 1-1/8" doesn't look as clean as 2.9cm and inches could be inaccurate for such a small object. On the same note, I won't write that "this colt is 120cm tall" when 47.25 inches is easier to comprehend for larger objects. Weight will be given in both so that feeding can be easily measured out based on comfort for the owner.

Wait you aren't using hands?

1 minute ago, Ertman said:

Wait you aren't using hands?

I'm unsure of your question. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I think he meant the use of the hands unit as height for a horse.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I think he meant the use of the hands unit as height for a horse.

Wasn't taught that in vet school. Interesting thought for later, though.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I never thought Marquees would be such an animal. How can he even live there? Oh my god the filth. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

10 hours ago, nicklmg said:

YouTube titles aren't meant to include a synopsis of the video, they're meant to encourage a viewer to find out what the video includes by watching it.

I strongly disagree.

A title is defined as "a descriptive name".

You might use it as a tool to "encourage viewers" (aka, clickbait*) but that's not the purpose of a title. 

If you want to make clickbait titles and all that then go ahead. The company does not seem to like it, I hate it and other people seem to dislike it, but if it makes you more money and you prioritize that above all else then sure, go for it.

But don't start telling other people that the purpose of titles are to clickbait people. The purpose is to give users info about what the video is about. That's it. You might not use it for its intended purpose and that's fine, but don't go around spreading misinformation to justify your bad behavior.

*Clickbait is defined as:Something designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest.(Please note that especially does not mean exclusively)

Cant wait for the vid where you generously provide MKBHD with 140 TB of Storage!

Hmm, ... What shall we call it ... MKB8K

Can't wait for MKBHD to visit LMG's studio and do the similar things to Linus. That will be interesting to watch.

MKBHD is about 6ft 3, Linus is around 5 ft 6, so yeah. 

Nice, thought you guys use meters? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Nice, thought you guys use meters? 

nope feet, it will depend on the measurement but for height we use feet. 

I've literally never heard a Canadian (who wasn't trying to make a point) say "I'm 1.7 metres tall."

Never heard anyone say it that way. It would be "I'm 170cm tall" usually leaving cm out since everyone knows what they mean.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Never heard anyone say it that way. It would be "I'm 170cm tall" usually leaving cm out since everyone knows what they mean.

Personally I only express distances in microelectronvolts. "I'm 729.32 neV tall."

/s

5 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

Personally I only express distances in microelectronvolts. "I'm 729.32 neV tall."

/s

I would think Harry Nyquist would want to express measurements using only frequency.

To save you some trouble, a 729.32 meV photon has a frequency of 176 THz. 

On 5/9/2017 at 10:38 PM, ARikozuM said:

I was referencing the measurement of a horse using hands, which is just a conversion of inches. For example 15 hands is 60 inches.