Pizzeria billboard in Oslo analyzes people!

Nepturion

So this caught my eye today.. this felt like the movie Minority Report.
There is these billboard ads, which people look at for information.
67556261.jpg.493a73092723fb4c62f9cc156dd9ffe8.jpg67552771.jpg.8b46f1a4291deb9beec21b9a37498d8a.jpg

This isn't news... but there is a camera over the billboard and it registers persons looking at the billboard itself.
Gives feedback in form of code which is revealed when the software crashed.
Identifies someone, registers gender, young or adult, time spent on watching the billboard, their expressions and in this case if they wear glasses or something like that.
67552769.thumb.jpg.39babbb8c4bfbaa765405655bca23da3.jpg

NORWEGIAN language:
http://www.dinside.no/okonomi/reklameskilt-ser-hvem-du-er/67552025
Follow-up article:
http://www.dinside.no/okonomi/jeg-synes-det-er-skummelt/67560027

Why?!?!? Why do they care if you wear glasses? Why are they watching you anyways? *creepy* O.o

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

This is totally badass, and awesome piece of work. But im legit creeped out by something like that. I can see its just gathering what is considered public information but man in a few years its going to be a lot smarter and i wonder if its one of those things that we need laws to regulate it before it really blows up.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

36 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Why?!?!? Why do they care if you wear glasses? Why are they watching you anyways? *creepy* O.o

Analytics. It's so they can improve advertisement techniques to certain demographics. Also, they probably sell the data.

Technically, it doesn't seem to track any actual personal info. I still think this is super creepy and I'm not even a tinhat kinda guy.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 hours ago, christianled59 said:

Analytics. It's so they can improve advertisement techniques to certain demographics. Also, they probably sell the data.

Technically, it doesn't seem to track any actual personal info. I still think this is super creepy and I'm not even a tinhat kinda guy.

That we can see* at this point in time*

The creepy part isnt what it can do now to me, its what it can do in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years.

3 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Then they will create an algorithm to detect novelty glasses, and you will be flagged for investigation. Because why are you hiding your face? Do you have something to hide? Why dont you step over here sir, we have more questions for you.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Once they can ID ppl, the first thing someone should do is set one up around congress and display each congressman's public data. That'll get em to outlaw it in the name of privacy instantly. 

Better yet, why wait, just fake it. With someone hiding cuing up which person's data to display. That and the camera will get em to pass stronger privacy.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

If they can do this on a billboard ad, imagine what they could do if they got access to our phone's camera.

There's a reason why I open my laptop up and unplug the cable to the webcam.  Can't hack it if it's physically disabled.  It's also why I'll never have a webcam hooked up to my desktop.

I'm not saying someone would or does do that (at least, not to me), I just don't like the idea that someone could do it.

Great, gonna have to start carrying around a small hammer and phillips screwdriver...

Im surprised they are allowed to do this. As the privacy laws in norway, especially regarding identification and live collection of data is extremely strict.

TO give you an idea, if you put a video camera up to survey YOUR OWN property, and it can possibly identify people beyond the borders of your property, you can get fined extrordinairy amounts.

Well I was at a tech demo from Huawei about 10 month ago and they had a bilboard like this showing ads based on your gender and age.

Personalized advertising is also a thing outside of the internet.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

4 hours ago, Prysin said:

Im surprised they are allowed to do this. As the privacy laws in norway, especially regarding identification and live collection of data is extremely strict.

TO give you an idea, if you put a video camera up to survey YOUR OWN property, and it can possibly identify people beyond the borders of your property, you can get fined extrordinairy amounts.

well there is no concerns and doubts that this is legal as mention in the article,which i do. it didnt meantion any sign that there is any surveillance, and its is required signs in public places, regardless if the data is saved or not, or its a dummy camera. so far its actually illegal

edit: i forgot to add: they need a good reason too, to put up any sorts of surveillance. doubt marketing is a good reason.

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

25 minutes ago, paradigm249 said:

well there is no concerns and doubts that this is legal as mention in the article,which i do. it didnt meantion any sign that there is any surveillance, and its is required signs in public places, regardless if the data is saved or not, or its a dummy camera. so far its actually illegal

edit: i forgot to add: they need a good reason too, to put up any sorts of surveillance. doubt marketing is a good reason.

Also, what must be CLEARLY STATED, just because you put up signs, have a reason, doesnt save data, data cannot specifically analyze any single private citizen or group when reviewing the code, it STILL requires a permit. These permits are damn fucking hard to acquire.

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

Also, what must be CLEARLY STATED, just because you put up signs, have a reason, doesnt save data, data cannot specifically analyze any single private citizen or group when reviewing the code, it STILL requires a permit. These permits are damn fucking hard to acquire.

just looked at the laws and apparantly you need a permit in public areas. wasnt aware of that part :P. but yeah, you're being right, or left.

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

Reminds me of this: 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE