Cooler Master Launches MasterBox Lite 5 Chassis

linustouchtips

Needs a optical drive

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

im pretty fucking hyped about the masterbox 5 cases tbh. like, they are actiually not garbage AND dont cost a fortune(who the fuck wants to spend $100 on a case when you could instead get a better CPU or something???)

*edit*

honestly, il probably get myself a masterbox 5 for my computer overhaul as long as i have some cash over. they arent going to cost me a fortune but preformance always trumps looks in my book so il only get it if its not limiting my spending on other things

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im pretty fucking hyped about the masterbox 5 cases tbh. like, they are actiually not garbage AND dont cost a fortune(who the fuck wants to spend $100 on a case when you could instead get a better CPU or something???)

i spent $200

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

i spent $200

you are just messed up :P why not just get a good GPU?(given that you are using the computer in your sig with a freaking 5850...)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you are just messed up :P why not just get a good GPU?(given that you are using the computer in your sig with a freaking 5850...)

got the case way before my gpu

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

got the case way before my gpu

Bildresultat för y tho

that makes no sense to me

Builds:

Spoiler

Looks nice, too bad I already bought a P400 *cough* *cough*

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Bildresultat för y tho

Cause old gpu was still working when i got my case. I change parts when they are broken or it's really old and have a good reason for it. :)

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Nice looking case. Front air intake concerns me especially since the top isn't vented, but I'm just going off what I can see from the pictures. 

I'm still waiting on a case with mid tower sizing(s340, p400, etc) with 360mm rad custom loop support.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

50 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

Cooler master case looks like every other chinese case with led fans in the front tbh but i like them. 

Hype case launch :)

story: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/cooler-master-launchces-masterbox-lite-5-chassis.htm

thumbnail_file-fb2011334a2bf8dca4.jpg

61aqFVRrsAL.jpg

Hmm. Looks like a water reflection.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, Notional said:

61aqFVRrsAL.jpg

Hmm. Looks like a water reflection.

Lol this exactly. I have that case

3 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Needs a optical drive

If you're serious then I agree.  Having at least 1 5.25 bay is helpful.  At least 2 would be even better.  Those bays can even be used for useful things like additional storage drives or fan controllers among other things so leaving them out bugs me.  

Also I'm not a fan of case designs where the front of the case is solid with only small fan grills on the bottom and/or sides.  I'm not convinced that allows for enough airflow. 

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Bildresultat för y tho

I am in the same boat. When I upgrade my PC I do not upgrade everything at once. I change the case, then a year later replace the GPU or CPU, then a year later I add more RAM, etc. I often swap cases depending on my mood, when I was younger I was into crazy cases with bright LEDs and a "batman" or "fast and furious" aesthetic, then as I mature I ended up with minimalist Fractal Design cases when a few years prior I considered them boring, now most cases and graphic cards these days to me look like Fisher-Price toys with the flash and bling.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

2 minutes ago, ApolloFury said:

I am in the same boat. When I upgrade my PC I do not upgrade everything at once. I change the case, then a year later replace the GPU or CPU, then a year later I add more RAM, etc. I often swap cases depending on my mood, when I was younger I was into crazy cases with bright LEDs and a "batman" or "fast and furious" aesthetic, then as I mature I ended up with minimalist Fractal Design cases when a few years prior I considered them boring, now most cases and graphic cards these days to me look like Fisher-Price toys with the flash and bling.

im not a huge RGB fan tbh, if i can drop looks for more preformance id always do it. thats why im using a steel box that used to hold a server back in the early 2000's xD no front panel and the sidepanel dosent sit on any good so i just removed it :P i like when it looks nice, its awesome, but almost always you can get more preformance for your money if you cut the looks

Builds:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

If you're serious then I agree.  Having at least 1 5.25 bay is helpful.  At least 2 would be even better.  Those bays can even be used for useful things like additional storage drives or fan controllers among other things so leaving them out bugs me.  

Also I'm not a fan of case designs where the front of the case is solid with only small fan grills on the bottom and/or sides.  I'm not convinced that allows for enough airflow. 

i still use three of them, one for my DVD burner, one for my SSD and one for my soundcard expansion. its definatly something i would want atleast one off

Builds:

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i still use three of them, one for my DVD burner, one for my SSD and one for my soundcard expansion. its definatly something i would want atleast one off

I felt the same, but now I have moved on to having a USB 3.0 5.25" drive caddy, it was kinda expensive for what it is/does, but I now only have to get the drive out of the drawer when I need it, and still have brilliant airflow in the case and space for other stuff I want without the 5.25 bays getting in the way. Just FYI but the caddy is an icybox one if anyone is interested. I have my pioneer 207 Blu-ray writer in there.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

40 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I've just got a DVD drive in my main desktop but in my friend's desktop I got an adapter (icydock I think was the brand?) that has space for 2 2.5 inch drives and a 3.5 spot that can at least be used for a 3.5 HDD but I think can be used for other 3.5 inch things like USB ports or maybe a fan controller.  

5.25 inch bays are like a Swiss Army knife of possibilities.  lol

Glad to know i'm not the only one who instantly thought...wtf that's a phanteks case p400

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

The final build image looks awesome. Front fans see through also. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It doesn't have to be the traditional optical drives uses in desktops. They can be the slim type used for laptops and some SFF cases by OEM like HP, Dell, etc. The drive can be mounted vertically behind, where the 5.25" bays used to be, like how they do with SSDs behind the motherboard tray. The cover can be on the top of the case, so the disc tray ejects like a toaster.

Can't wait for CM Master Case Cosmos 3

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

It doesn't have to be the traditional optical drives uses in desktops. They can be the slim type used for laptops and some SFF cases by OEM like HP, Dell, etc. The drive can be mounted vertically behind, where the 5.25" bays used to be, like how they do with SSDs behind the motherboard tray. The cover can be on the top of the case, so the disc tray ejects like a toaster.

Can't wait for CM Master Case Cosmos 3

Slim could be nice too.  

What I'd love most would be a slot load optical drive though.  After using them for years in my PS3, PS4, Xbox One and other consoles I prefer then for the convenience of just being able to push a disc in vs having to set a disc into a tray which eith DVDs or CDs risks scratching them.  

The problem is idk where to get one for a desktop.  Idk if Amazon or Newegg sells them or how to mount one in my tower if I could find one.  

I'm not familiar with that Cosmos 3 case.  Anything special about it?

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Slim could be nice too.  

What I'd love most would be a slot load optical drive though.  After using them for years in my PS3, PS4, Xbox One and other consoles I prefer then for the convenience of just being able to push a disc in vs having to set a disc into a tray which eith DVDs or CDs risks scratching them.  

The problem is idk where to get one for a desktop.  Idk if Amazon or Newegg sells them or how to mount one in my tower if I could find one.  

I'm not familiar with that Cosmos 3 case.  Anything special about it?

Tray > slot loading. Yes slot loading is cool, Apple mostly uses them as some Dell XPS laptops, but then stop working, it's a pain to fix or get the stuck disc out. Tray on the other hand, all you have to do is just use a paper clip and poke the emergency eject hole to get the disc out. Slot drives can only accept standard disc, while tray can basically accept anything, from standard to mini and credit card shape.

For the case, CM made a Cosmos 2 and the next one would be Cosmos 3. Currently their cases are part of the Master Maker series or something, so my guess is they will probably have a Cosmos 3 that's also part of the Master Maker series.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, do you know which fans those are, I got this case and need those fans...  Any help?