Mobo Manufacturers

I'm looking to upgrade, and was wondering what the common consensus is on the best motherboard manufacturer. I'm talking about build quality and how well it actually works. I've heard that am4 mobos can be kind of sketchy for ram, so I just want to know the good ones that can run 3200 mhz ram. If anyone could reccomend a brand and a motherboard for around 100-175$ usd, that would be great. Thanks for the help.

For Ryzen, it's not the motherboard that has issues with memory, it's the Ryzen cpu itself. The processor has received several updates and will receive very soon another major update that will increase the memory compatibility by a large degree, so whatever advice you'd get now regarding what memory sticks work or not on a motherboard, will soon be invalid.

The processors receive updates through BIOS updates. After you update the BIOS of a motherboard, the bios "uploads" microcode (a sort of mini bios/firmware) into the processor to enhance its capabilities)

As for overall "ranking" of motherboard manufacturers it's often a matter of past experiences and biases of various people. Personally, I'd go first with Gigabyte, then Asrock, then Asus and then MSI (maybe even put MSI before Asus but MSI isn't that popular in my country and I personally had little experience with them) and after these four maybe Biostar and then maybe ECS (but ECS is kinda non-existent these days in stores here).

18 minutes ago, AmIAGamer said:

I'm looking to upgrade, and was wondering what the common consensus is on the best motherboard manufacturer. I'm talking about build quality and how well it actually works. I've heard that am4 mobos can be kind of sketchy for ram, so I just want to know the good ones that can run 3200 mhz ram. If anyone could reccomend a brand and a motherboard for around 100-175$ usd, that would be great. Thanks for the help.

It depends more on price point. All top tier manufacturers make boards of differing qualities at differing price points, so it is, as was pointed out above, a combination of preference and how much you spend.

Look for a board with good reviews in the price point that you want, along with all of the expansion slots/features you are looking for. In general, I find AsRock tend to offer some of the better value and features for performance, ASUS boards tend to have the best overclocking support and BIOS functionality, whereas EVGA/Gigabyte/MSI usually have the better raw performance and build quality per price. That is a massive generalisation and far from the whole story, but you can use it as a very general (very) guideline.

Find a board that looks like it has the features you want at the right price, then read reviews for an idea of build quality.