Ryzen 5 build vs i5 build (read the question thoroughly)

14 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Here you go.  A quick google will get you specific games as well

this?

2 hours ago, Folktale said:

this?

Yeah, don't have time to watch the i5 videos ATM.  r5 should perform similarly to the i5 with slightly lower average fps but the minimums will be much,  much better.  You will have a smoother and more enjoyable experience on the 1400

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 hours ago, Folktale said:

Nope. The RX470 is costly compared to 1050ti :(

u should check r/IndianGaming on reddit ..... people there will help u much better as they are all Indians unlike here ..... btw what is your budget in INR ??

and is it including monitor , Keyboard and mouse or not.

6 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

u should check r/IndianGaming on reddit ..... people there will help u much better as they are all Indians unlike here ..... btw what is your budget in INR ??

and is it including monitor , Keyboard and mouse or not.

budget is around 850 dollars. It is already exceeding. 850 dollars amount to rs. 55,000. I want it for gaming (and rendering in 3d software, blender) at medium to high setting. 30 fps will be fine. No online gaming. 

it only includes monitor.

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Yeah, don't have time to watch the i5 videos ATM.  r5 should perform similarly to the i5 with slightly lower average fps but the minimums will be much,  much better.  You will have a smoother and more enjoyable experience on the 1400

ryzen 5 is very good. But I also need it for rendering. I am not sure how good ryzen will be in near future or how i5 will be. As AMD gives updates in ages, I am hesitant. I saw even the combo of i5 7500 + 1050 ti by the same guy on 14 games. you can watch it when you get time and tell me what's better. I just don't want to buy something that I will be regretting in a year or so.

10 minutes ago, Folktale said:

budget is around 850 dollars. It is already exceeding. 850 dollars amount to rs. 55,000. I want it for gaming (and rendering in 3d software, blender) at medium to high setting. 30 fps will be fine. No online gaming. 

it only includes monitor.

as u mentioned blender then high cores and threads will benefit u a lot so go for this .....

and also don't buy from Amazon.in their prices are fked up ......

buy from

mdcomputers.in 

or

primeabgb.com

or 

itdepot.com 

also check prices in stores near your area u can get better prices then online

1) amd ryzen r5 1400 13k on mdcomputers.in

2) b350 motherboard 

there's a Gigabyte one for 7.5k on same site as above

3) ram 8GB Single stick buy the ram that is listed on the motherboard's supported list of ram. (4-4.5k)

4) gtx 1050 u can find locally for 9k.

5) 1tb wd blue hard drive 3.5k

6) psu - good quality power supply 500W will be fine 4-4.5k

7) any cabinet u like under 3k 

rest 9k for monitor 

5 hours ago, Folktale said:

ryzen 5 is very good. But I also need it for rendering. I am not sure how good ryzen will be in near future or how i5 will be. As AMD gives updates in ages, I am hesitant. I saw even the combo of i5 7500 + 1050 ti by the same guy on 14 games. you can watch it when you get time and tell me what's better. I just don't want to buy something that I will be regretting in a year or so.

r5 is waaaay better at renders

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

10 hours ago, Tim Serious said:

as u mentioned blender then high cores and threads will benefit u a lot so go for this .....

and also don't buy from Amazon.in their prices are fked up ......

buy from

mdcomputers.in 

or

primeabgb.com

or 

itdepot.com 

also check prices in stores near your area u can get better prices then online

1) amd ryzen r5 1400 13k on mdcomputers.in

2) b350 motherboard 

there's a Gigabyte one for 7.5k on same site as above

3) ram 8GB Single stick buy the ram that is listed on the motherboard's supported list of ram. (4-4.5k)

4) gtx 1050 u can find locally for 9k.

5) 1tb wd blue hard drive 3.5k

6) psu - good quality power supply 500W will be fine 4-4.5k

7) any cabinet u like under 3k 

rest 9k for monitor 

http://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S46744-M178723.188434.39279.43438vsS50925-M263821.188434.39279.43438?tab=RAM

Which one is better and in terms of what?

I am currently picking up i5-7500 for it is more stable, no RAM speed issues, with support, a more complete product. But 8-10 people have suggested me Ryzen 5 1600 which is good. I need a good CPU which I won't regret buying in near future that will help me play games at high settings with no stutter and for blender (RENDERING). As the 1600 has more threads and core which helps in rendering, I am not sure about the stability and issues with the RAM as others have told me. 

This is confusing me. Should I sacrifice more processing power for stability and support? 

I already own a Windows Phone and I know how this "wait for BIOS update" thing feels.

Also, suggest me a good compatible motherboard for Ryzen 5 1600 if that's what you want to suggest.

In games, i5 is better than Ryzen 5 1600. But in rendering, Ryzen 5 1600 is far better. But I need them for both.

I will appreciate a helping answer, not an yes or no type answer.

13 minutes ago, Folktale said:

In games, i5 is better than Ryzen 5 1600. But in rendering, Ryzen 5 1600 is far better. But I need them for both.

Go for Ryzen 1600 for both gaming and rendering.
If you're worried about RAM compatibility issue, get 2666MHz RAM

Edit: Create a poll so that ppl can vote for the best option

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Uh, the R5 1600 is clearly the better choice than the i5 7500 when it comes to games, seeing how the minimum framerates are higher and frametimes are more consistent. Not to mention you can overclock as well. And as you've said, it's a no brainer when it comes to rendering performance.

Every platform has issues (and AM4 happens to be primarily memory-wise) but it's not that big of a problem to deter you from buying a R5 1600. Today, nobody sane would buy a locked i5.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

The BIOS issues are mostly gone, except RAM compatibility. RAM - just get 3000-3200Mhz and keep it at 2133 until the patch hits. 

No stability difference btween the two architectures. 

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

The BIOS issues are mostly gone, except RAM compatibility. RAM - just get 3000-3200Mhz and keep it at 2133 until the patch hits. 

If you aren't using 4 sticks it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

13 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Go for Ryzen 1600 for both gaming and rendering.
If you're worried about RAM compatibility issue, get 2666MHz RAM

Edit: Create a poll so that ppl can vote for the best option

What if I stick with the same RAM? 2133MHz?

16 minutes ago, Tedny said:

Blender support Cuda 

I will be using Nvidia GRaphics Card, not AMD. WIll it have any issues with AMD processor?

1 minute ago, Folktale said:

What if I stick with the same RAM? 2133MHz?

It will work, but not a smart choice since Ryzen benefit from higher RAM speeds.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Just now, Folktale said:

I will be using Nvidia GRaphics Card, not AMD. WIll it have any issues with AMD processor?

No lol

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Just now, ZM Fong said:

Not a smart choice since Ryzen benefit from higher RAM speeds.

cannot find RAM higher than 2133 :(

3 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

No lol

I am confused as to why the user said "blender supports CUDA"

16 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

How will 2400MHz be with the Ryzen 5? 3000 MHz will cost me a lot.

2 minutes ago, Folktale said:

I am confused as to why the user said "blender supports CUDA"

Since your rendering with the gpu the cpu core count doesn't matter at all for blender and for modeling the i5 will likely be faster and the oorngl viewport is often single threaded. 

15 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Since your rendering with the gpu the cpu core count doesn't matter at all for blender and for modeling the i5 will likely be faster and the oorngl viewport is often single threaded. 

I should go wit i5. That is what you are saying, right?

14 minutes ago, Folktale said:

I should go wit i5. That is what you are saying, right?

He is saying you can use your gpu to render. The 1600 still games better than a 7500. Now you can pick'em (Whether it is gpu focused or cpu focused) when it comes to blender, but the CPU is involved, especially in larger projects.

read this.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/render/cycles/gpu_rendering.html

The 1600 is a far better choice. You could go with a 7700k for similar rendering results, but if you are going to be using a 1060 for rendering as opposed to your cpu, don't expect very much (still faster than a 7500 I'd guess, but a 6 hour job for a 10 minute clip, compared to a 30 minute job on a 1600).

Edited by crzyces

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?