Ryzen 5 build vs i5 build (read the question thoroughly)

5 minutes ago, crzyces said:

Slightly, but barely noticeable UNLESS it is a CPU intense game that is un-optimized (Mafia III, Watch Dogs 2; put a 7700k and a Titan Xp in and you still have issues). Just like the i5 750, in most games right now you will see little to no difference. Once you start getting into 1440p 144 refresh rates (so games where you want over 60fps, as a display can only show up to it's refresh rate; lol, there is a stroke of logic!) then you may notice. The thing is, the 7500 is going to start bottlenecking games soon, regardless of gpu because of it's cores. The 1400 would probably still be the better buy because of the extra 8 threads. That's the 4 core non hyperthread/smt problem. If the cores are not there, you are screwed. People are getting bottlenecked on older intel 4 threads now running over 4.3 with higher end cards. Like a 3570k oc'd to 4.5 may only be 10% slower in 4 thread than 7700k clocked at 4.5, all of a sudden they get a gtx 1080 and go to run at 1440p, their gpu is at 70%, there CPU is at 100 on all threads, and they are getting 35 FPS on medium when the 3770K at 4.5 (same chip, 4 more threads) is getting 65 FPS.

4 cores total for an upgrade now= a very bad investment. Very bad. A 3770K will run circles around a 7500.

Right. I am final with Ryzen 5 1600, but still finding a good Motherboard within budget. However, did you watch the video? the guy has almost the same specs and running those games mostly at high settings with around 40FPS average.

1 minute ago, crzyces said:

Slightly, but barely noticeable UNLESS it is a CPU intense game that is un-optimized (Mafia III, Watch Dogs 2; put a 7700k and a Titan Xp in and you still have issues). Just like the i5 750, in most games right now you will see little to no difference. Once you start getting into 1440p 144 refresh rates (so games where you want over 60fps, as a display can only show up to it's refresh rate; lol, there is a stroke of logic!) then you may notice. The thing is, the 7500 is going to start bottlenecking games soon, regardless of gpu because of it's cores. The 1400 would probably still be the better buy because of the extra 8 threads. That's the 4 core non hyperthread/smt problem. If the cores are not there, you are screwed. People are getting bottlenecked on older intel 4 threads now running over 4.3 with higher end cards. Like a 3570k oc'd to 4.5 may only be 10% slower in 4 thread than 7700k clocked at 4.5, all of a sudden they get a gtx 1080 and go to run at 1440p, their gpu is at 70%, there CPU is at 100 on all threads, and they are getting 35 FPS on medium when the 3770K at 4.5 (same chip, 4 more threads) is getting 65 FPS.

4 cores total for an upgrade now= a very bad investment. Very bad. A 3770K will run circles around a 7500.

Also, within a year or two, the 4 thread non hyperthreaded cpu's will be obsolete. Like running a core 2 Duo would be now. Consoles are all at least 8 threads, heck, most phones and tablets are 8. Game devs, and especially creative programs want that extra "oomph". Once they start spreading more effectively, core speeds will be less important than they are now, and more threads will be far more important. Like you said, you don't want to be forced to upgrade in a year because your NEW pc is already unable to do what you need it to.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

1 minute ago, Folktale said:

Right. I am final with Ryzen 5 1600, but still finding a good Motherboard within budget. However, did you watch the video? the guy has almost the same specs and running those games mostly at high settings with around 40FPS average.

I tried. It won't load. I believe I have seen it before though.

Just now, crzyces said:

I tried. It won't load. I believe I have seen it before though.

damn :(

3 minutes ago, crzyces said:

Also, within a year or two, the 4 thread non hyperthreaded cpu's will be obsolete. Like running a core 2 Duo would be now. Consoles are all at least 8 threads, heck, most phones and tablets are 8. Game devs, and especially creative programs want that extra "oomph". Once they start spreading more effectively, core speeds will be less important than they are now, and more threads will be far more important. Like you said, you don't want to be forced to upgrade in a year because your NEW pc is already unable to do what you need it to.

I concur.

6 minutes ago, Folktale said:

I concur.

us not par, main kuchh ghanton kee neend lene kee koshish karane ja raha hoon. mere
 paas 5 ghante mein ek doktar kee niyukti hai, isalie thoda jhapakee achchha hoga. 
 baajaar mein shubhakaamanaen!

3 minutes ago, crzyces said:

us not par, main kuchh ghanton kee neend lene kee koshish karane ja raha hoon. mere
 paas 5 ghante mein ek doktar kee niyukti hai, isalie thoda jhapakee achchha hoga. 
 baajaar mein shubhakaamanaen!

You an Indian? Of course. Well, take rest. Get well soon.

On 2017-5-9 at 0:03 PM, Folktale said:

Sorry if I confused people. I am confused as hell too. :D

The 1600 costs almost the same as i5-7500 on mdcomputer. But has 2 more cores and 8 more threads. Now I have heard that the Ryzen 5 1600 at stock speed is not good at gaming compared to i5-7500. I cannot even find a decent video showing me how good or bad it is. Just benchmarks. And those benchmarks are done by using more powerful GPU than 1050 ti. 

Now, if people are agitated or bored by my questions, they are free not to reply. But answers like, "go for this" or "this is way better" doesn't help much as most of them are just guessing. And real world performance will be quite different than what they guessed. 

Now people have to understand this, this is my very first build. It won't be like I will be getting a Ryzen 1400 now and replacing it by Ryzen 5 or 7 after a year. I am not a rich guy. If I were, you really think I would have gone for 105o ti? or 4GB RAM? Nope. I would have picked up some Titan X GPU, 32GB RAM and so forth. But like I said once here in this forum some days ago, people here are not ether reading the question properly or just simply don't care. I have said in almost numerous of my post that my budget is already exceeding by some $140. That's might not be much to people but it is a lot for me. I also have said by using bold font and large font that I DO NOT WANT TO OVERCLOCK. Now what part of that people cannot understand here? Temp is already 42 C in Delhi and people want me to overclock my new system with stock cooling. My Deepcool x6 is struggling to keep my laptop cool with just Edge open with 3 tabs(no video). And when I play high end games and do rendering on my New PC, I am not sure how good the stock cooling will be with overclocking. 

The reason I am not going for 1400 is simply because it is only 2000 Rs. cheaper than 1600. 1600 is better than 1400, right? Now you will think that why not go with 1400 and save Rs. 2000 and invest those Rs. 2000 on cooling system. Well, here you are right. But you are forgetting one thing, my friend. 8GB is nothing when it comes to rendering. And you know I cannot get extra 4GB RAM with that money. 

Now, why I don't want to raise my budget further: I have to get accessories like UPS, Keyboard and Mouse. I still have to decide on a good monitor which can cost me extra Rs. 4000 = $62. And for graphics work, I might have to increase my HDD from 1TB to 2TB. 

Now i5-7500 gives me balanced performance in terms of gaming and rendering. But this is not the same case with Ryzen 5. I will have to higher frequency RAM which will also increase my cost but it will be far better at rendering but not good at gaming as i5-7500. With intel I have more choice. But with AMD, I am stuck with it's compatible components. This is what two computer building guys have said when I talked to them yesterday. They said that with intel I am secure by sacrificing rendering performance, but with AMD I will have to dig a lot to get compatible RAM and Motherboard. Since I will be going to market tomorrow, I will know about the availability of things. I am not purchasing these things off the internet as they told me not to, and they are right in a sense. 

Even after more than 20 people recommending me here Ryzen 5 1600, I am still not sure as to what CPU will benefit me in the near future. I will tell you about a bad experience my friend experienced. His AMD motherboard fried up or something and he sent it to claim the warranty. The guy said they will replace it with a new motherboard. But the motherboard arrived some 2-3 weeks later because there is not much demand for AMD products here in India. 8-10 people here use Intel. That's what they guy said to him, the one who built his computer. Now, I am a fanboy of neither. If I were to go with Intel, I would not have asked this question in the first place. And if I had something against AMD, I still wouldn't have this question.

Now you get a clear picture of why I am confused? 

Also, I can do with intel CPU taking 2-3 minute longer to render. But I can not do with a Ryzen giving me stuttering and poor performance in games. Cause poor performance in games will ruin my experience and joy. However, I can wait for some extra minutes for a CPU to render. Now I think I made the picture more clear. Will you go for a chip that is giving you poor frames but great rendering times? As It turns out, I need it for both. If I wanted a rendering CPU, I will be stupid to go with i5. if I wanted a gaming CPU, I would be stupid to go with Ryzen 5. But what if I want and need both?

lol i cannot read all that ok u don't wanna overclock it's fine ....... don't compare laptop to a desktop man u can overclock ryzen easily to 3.6-3.7 ghz and it won't go above 70°C even in Delhi and u can overclock more in winter consider that too.

Also u don't need it for just gaming u need it for blender too as u said any ryzen 5 cpu will be better than i5 7500 in gaming and blender at 3.6-3.7 Ghz.

Check Gamers Nexus review of r5 them decide for yourself.

On 2017-5-9 at 1:02 PM, Folktale said:

Again, 30 FPS is enough in gaming if I am not into competitiveness or online. I think 30FPS is enough. And if we go by logic. 1600 will give me more frames than 1400 with the same GPU. Right?

no that's not true if game can utilize more threads than 8 and can benefit from more cache that 1600 had then only it will benefit considering both are clocked same.

keep in mind at 30fps u won't see any difference between 1400 and 1600 like just 1-2 fps.

lol i cannot read all that ok u don't wanna overclock it's fine ....... don't compare laptop to a desktop man u can overclock ryzen easily to 3.6-3.7 ghz and it won't go above 70°C even in Delhi and u can overclock more in winter consider that too.

Also u don't need it for just gaming u need it for blender too as u said any ryzen 5 cpu will be better than i5 7500 in gaming and blender at 3.6-3.7 Ghz.

Check Gamers Nexus review of r5 them decide for yourself.

Even at stock speed it will give me better performance than i5-7500 if we consider both of my purpose.

no that's not true if game can utilize more threads than 8 and can benefit from more cache that 1600 had then only it will benefit considering both are clocked same.

keep in mind at 30fps u won't see any difference between 1400 and 1600 like just 1-2 fps.

i am getting a b350 mobo cz of OC thing

10 hours ago, Folktale said:

Even at stock speed it will give me better performance than i5-7500 if we consider both of my purpose.

yes