Ryzen 5 build vs i5 build (read the question thoroughly)

1 minute ago, Folktale said:

I got it. But though easily available in other countries, it is very very limited in India.

Availability doesn't matter. What we are talking about are BIOS updates that have happened between launch and now. These updates apply no matter where you buy the board or who from

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Availability doesn't matter. What we are talking about are BIOS updates that have happened between launch and now. These updates apply no matter where you buy the board or who from

I was not talking about that.

If I get Ryzen 5 1600, I am having a hard time finding a good motherboard and DDR4 RAM at 2400Hz without shooting my budget like crazy.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Didn't you say you were reusing some 2133 RAM? Sorry I know nothing about India or the currency. I think some Indians on the forum have imported US parts perhaps you can look at that?

I don't see how importing will help with my budget with all the shipping and delivery charges. Also, the 2133 RAM is fine doe i5-7500. For AMD, I need 2400Hz or more as suggested by others, as Ryzen works better with high frequency RAM.

3 minutes ago, Folktale said:

I don't see how importing will help with my budget with all the shipping and delivery charges. Also, the 2133 RAM is fine doe i5-7500. For AMD, I need 2400Hz or more as suggested by others, as Ryzen works better with high frequency RAM.

You already have the 2133 RAM? If yes just use this for now. To see the gains you are talking about you need fast RAM (3000+). If you have the 2133 then just get the CPU and motherboard, the RAM is not essential and you could get this as a future upgrade. The system will work and perform fine at 2133.

For example faster RAM would also help the i5 but is absolutely not essential in either system.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

You already have the 2133 RAM? If yes just use this for now. To see the gains you are talking about you need fast RAM (3000+). If you have the 2133 then just get the CPU and motherboard, the RAM is not essential and you could get this as a future upgrade. The system will work and perform fine at 2133.

Just need the motherboard now.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Go for B350 chipset Asus or ASrock. MSI are having issues with long POSTS. I can't link you an exact board because of India so I'm sure you know better at where to look.

Do I still need to look out for B series if I am not into overclocking?

1 minute ago, Folktale said:

Looks good, not heard anything bad about gigabyte having AM4 BIOS issues so if that price is good (currency makes no sense to me) go for it.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Looks good, not heard anything bad about gigabyte having AM4 BIOS issues so if that price is good (currency makes no sense to me) go for it.

Will the pricing make sense if I say it is priced at $130?

11 minutes ago, Folktale said:

Will the pricing make sense if I say it is priced at $130?

I would expect £100/$100 tech prices are often 1:1  (£:$) even though £1.30 = $1 the US simply get better prices than we do. If $130 is the average price for a B350 in India then yep it makes sense.

5 hours ago, Folktale said:

your budget will only allow r5 1400 ....... and is pumping updates regularly ..... as u mentioned u need it for rendering then r5 1400 will be very good as it has 8 threads ...... and also in gaming u will have lower frame times resulting in smoother gaming experience.

11 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

your budget will only allow r5 1400 ....... and is pumping updates regularly ..... as u mentioned u need it for rendering then r5 1400 will be very good as it has 8 threads ...... and also in gaming u will have lower frame times resulting in smoother gaming experience.

will 1600 be a bad choice? I am getting 1600 at the same price as i5-7500.

also, I am learning blender, not a professional. An I just wanna know how fast rendering will be on 1600 compared to 1400. Currently I am using i3 from 2011 with 3 GB ram and no gpu on a laptop. 

2 minutes ago, Folktale said:

will 1600 be a bad choice? I am getting 1600 at the same price as i5-7500.

also, I am learning blender, not a professional. An I just wanna know how fast rendering will be on 1600 compared to 1400. Currently I am using i3 from 2011 with 3 GB ram and no gpu on a laptop. 

A 1600 would be a great choice if you can afford it.  User benchmark isn't very accurate by the way, most people who buy a 1400 won't OC but you can massively improve performance on ryzen with OC

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

35 minutes ago, Damascus said:

A 1600 would be a great choice if you can afford it.  User benchmark isn't very accurate by the way, most people who buy a 1400 won't OC but you can massively improve performance on ryzen with OC

I don't wanna overclock anything. At stock, how good will it be?

22 minutes ago, Folktale said:

I don't wanna overclock anything. At stock, how good will it be?

The 1400 will be equal to a 7500, the 1600 will greatly outperform in many tasks.  If you don't want to OC you can get a 1500x as it has high stock speeds

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The 1400 will be equal to a 7500, the 1600 will greatly outperform in many tasks.  If you don't want to OC you can get a 1500x as it has high stock speeds

But 4 cores and 8 threads and same price.

But 4 cores and 8 threads and same price.

Yes.  The 1400 is still by far your best option

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Yes.  The 1400 is still by far your best option

But why? This is what confuses me.

1400 costs 13000 approx.

1600 costs around 15000.

1400 has 4 cores and 8 threads. 

1600 has 6 cores and 12 threads

Still 1400 is better? I don't understand this. Would you care to explain as to why 1400 is better than 1600?

But why? This is what confuses me.

1400 costs 13000 approx.

1600 costs around 15000.

1400 has 4 cores and 8 threads. 

1600 has 6 cores and 12 threads

Still 1400 is better? I don't understand this. Would you care to explain as to why 1400 is better than 1600?

Oh sorry, misunderstood what you meant.  I was thinking in terms of budget but if you can afford a 1600 get one.  They are awesome and come with a great heatsink 

Just now, Damascus said:

Oh sorry, misunderstood what you meant.  I was thinking in terms of budget but if you can afford a 1600 get one.  They are awesome and come with a great heatsink 

I am going to post a new question now. just wait for a few minutes.

I like to ask questions, too many questions, and that's actually a good thing.

Which one should I choose?

i5: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/user/abhinav1337/saved/6VZmGX

Ryzen 5 build in PDF. Sorry, MDComputers won't let me save as an image. How is the motherboard in the Ryzen 5 build?

Now, again, here is my requirement.

Gaming AND 3D work(blender): New and most titles at HD or FULL HD @30fps (average) at medium to high settings. Not interested in 2k or 4k gaming. Not interested in online gaming.

I am not interested in ultra settings, more than 1 monitor setup, fancy LED backlights, aesthetics, overclocking.

BUDGET: Already exceeding by ~$140.

PC Ryzen.pdf