DIY PC

I was wondering if the fine folks here could lend their opinion of my components list for my first build. If you have any recommendations, particularly as to if I might be wasting money or spending too much. All in all I feel I am making a respectable machine with current budget of 1500 which actually includes a few peripherals.

Corsair C70 mid-tower military green case- 119

Intel i5 4670K- 234

EVGA GeForce GTX760 2Gb- 259

Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3 1600- 149

Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD- 175

Corsair GS700 PSU- 109

MSI C87 G45 1150 Motherboard- 153

Corsair H100i Cooler- 99

ASUS 24x DVR/RW Drive - 25

Thoughts, suggestions, any and all would be appreciated. Particularly my curiosities lie with the processor (if AMD can be equally suited and with a fairer price tag, although there I am more concerned with quality and longevity) the graphics card, there are so many i never really know, and RAM. Mainly, could I cut cost but putting in the 8Gb (2x4Gb) set and then at a later date just swapping out the sticks for the 2x8 set. Thanks again in advance everyone, I plan on starting this project as soon as I get home from Afghanistan and before school starts. Could not be more excited.

Regards,

D

I would create a new thread in New Builds and Planning so you will get more replies and make sure you answer these questions in your thread so people are able to help you:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

How about a section for peripherals, like monitors and mice? People always wanna know what monitor is good and how much buttons their mouse needs (20 buttons off, G600 style :P) great posts for a lot of people though.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I was wondering if the fine folks here could lend their opinion of my components list for my first build. If you have any recommendations, particularly as to if I might be wasting money or spending too much. All in all I feel I am making a respectable machine with current budget of 1500 which actually includes a few peripherals.

Corsair C70 mid-tower military green case- 119

Intel i5 4670K- 234

EVGA GeForce GTX760 2Gb- 259

Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3 1600- 149

Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD- 175

Corsair GS700 PSU- 109

MSI C87 G45 1150 Motherboard- 153

Corsair H100i Cooler- 99

ASUS 24x DVR/RW Drive - 25

Thoughts, suggestions, any and all would be appreciated. Particularly my curiosities lie with the processor (if AMD can be equally suited and with a fairer price tag, although there I am more concerned with quality and longevity) the graphics card, there are so many i never really know, and RAM. Mainly, could I cut cost but putting in the 8Gb (2x4Gb) set and then at a later date just swapping out the sticks for the 2x8 set. Thanks again in advance everyone, I plan on starting this project as soon as I get home from Afghanistan and before school starts. Could not be more excited.

Regards,

D

Post in the New Builds and Planning section

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Thinking of building this pc with these core components

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard R2.0

Amd 9370 because it comes with a water cooler and is a recomened processor for a upcoming game watch dogs

8 gig ripjaws ram 2x4 gb

Corsair 300R

750 watt silver aerocool imperator psu

Gigabyte 7970 oc

I'm am abit worried about the CPU even though I will not be overclocking is this a big concern?

Hi, i really would like a bit of help, because i'm building my gaming PC for about 2000$~ heres my pick for hardware:

Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Window

MB Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

PSU Corsair GS 800W, 80 Plus Bronze  with LED Red,White and Blue

CPU Intel Core i5-4670k

Zalman Ultimate Liquid CPU Cooler

Zalman System Cooling Fan 120mm Silent Fan and 80mm silent fans

RAM Crusial Ballistix Smart Tracer 240pin, (with LEDs), DDR3 1866Mhz, CL9 8GB 2x4

HDD WD Black 3,5" 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB

SSD Samsung 840 EVO PC Kit 250GB SATA3, 540/520MBs, 7mm

GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780

So my main questions are will i5-4670k bottleneck GTX 780, and will Zalman Ultimate Liquid Cooler fit Fractal Design Define R4 case? Btw, will this case fit Gigabytes long GPU?

Thanks for answers and sorry for mistakes, because now is 1AM and im really tired. :) Besides i really care for looks of my rig

Thinking of building this pc with these core components

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard R2.0

Amd 9370 because it comes with a water cooler and is a recomened processor for a upcoming game watch dogs

8 gig ripjaws ram 2x4 gb

Corsair 300R

750 watt silver aerocool imperator psu

Gigabyte 7970 oc

I'm am abit worried about the CPU even though I will not be overclocking is this a big concern?

Hi, i really would like a bit of help, because i'm building my gaming PC for about 2000$~ heres my pick for hardware:

Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Window

MB Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

PSU Corsair GS 800W, 80 Plus Bronze  with LED Red,White and Blue

CPU Intel Core i5-4670k

Zalman Ultimate Liquid CPU Cooler

Zalman System Cooling Fan 120mm Silent Fan and 80mm silent fans

RAM Crusial Ballistix Smart Tracer 240pin, (with LEDs), DDR3 1866Mhz, CL9 8GB 2x4

HDD WD Black 3,5" 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB

SSD Samsung 840 EVO PC Kit 250GB SATA3, 540/520MBs, 7mm

GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780

So my main questions are will i5-4670k bottleneck GTX 780, and will Zalman Ultimate Liquid Cooler fit Fractal Design Define R4 case? Btw, will this case fit Gigabytes long GPU?

Thanks for answers and sorry for mistakes, because now is 1AM and im really tired. smile.png Besides i really care for looks of my rig

@CripDawg @DavidBardock Welcome to the forum! :) Please create a new thread in New Builds and Planning where people will be able to help you there. Answer this in your thread so we will be able to help you better: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

@Windspeed36 in regards to the Adobe section I think that AMD should be recommended over Nvidia in this situation as AMD currently have a partnership with Adobe with active increases in OpenCL performance.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Great post and thread, well done! :D 

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

• 2 weeks later...

Good Job @Windspeed36 You are Awesome!

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Very well put together, I wish I had seen this before building my computer

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I love all the different build guides because each one seems to give me at least one new good piece of advice for my own building.

i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB | Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB | Seasonic 660W Platinum | Corsair H100i

Logitech G400s | Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Brown

anyone know if im able to remove the "thermal armor" from my sabertooth and paint it or are the people selling coloured ones? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

anyone know if im able to remove the "thermal armor" from my sabertooth and paint it or are the people selling coloured ones? 

As far as I know it is possible, but further then that i've never dealt with or painted one.

On the forum it has been done but to get a better answer make a thread on the CPU Motherboards and Memory section.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

I have seen it done as there was a build of the week that painted it white. Have a hunt through the botw thread and hopefully you'll find it.

But Intel is better... an 8 Core AMD CPU vs. 4 Core Intel... they're pretty much equal, just wait until Intel 8 Cores *Drools

• 3 weeks later...

PDF doesnt work....atleast for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

Soon to come

i am no computer nerd but i know that a DIY computer has to cost $600 or more. Because some of the components cost like $200. i am such a plain jain so i don't build my own computer. My friend did and he is actually a member of this forum. and he has a friend that is maybe on this forum. They both are computer nerds. (no offense i mean computer nerd in a good way i swear.)

apple.com

i am no computer nerd but i know that a DIY computer has to cost $600 or more. Because some of the components cost like $200. i am such a plain jain so i don't build my own computer. My friend did and he is actually a member of this forum. and he has a friend that is maybe on this forum. They both are computer nerds. (no offense i mean computer nerd in a good way i swear.)

It does not have to be expensive if you buy the right components for the budget

It is demonstrated in this video 

Join the Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate in Star Citizen 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Enlist NOW to join the fleet!!!