100 tb storage

I just have Realized that so many people have 100tb storage full of stuff and when I started calculating for myself I am a little confused. What all stuff do you have that takes so much space? Videos,songs what all things actually and why? Thank you 

3 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

I just have Realized that so many people have 100tb storage full of stuff and when I started calculating for myself I am a little confused. What all stuff do you have that takes so much space? Videos,songs what all things actually and why? Thank you 

Are they content creators if not they must have a lot of prn then

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Movie library's, photo's, RAW videos, games, all different kinds of things... Etc. Not everybody has that much storage though.

Edit: I know I'll get ten's of TB's for a NAS for a 4k media library.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

Are they content creators if not they must have a lot of prn then

well I am about to be a content creator but why do people store their every videos? I mean they are on YouTube forever 

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Movie library's, photo's, RAW videos, games, all different kinds of things... Etc. Not everybody has that much storage though.

Can games be stored in cloud btw?

Just now, apaar123 said:

No, and would strongly not reccomend trying that unless you are using a streaming service like what Nvidia is offering. Which in that case be sure to have a kick ass internet connection.

Just now, apaar123 said:

They could be 

1 minute ago, apaar123 said:

well I am about to be a content creator but why do people store their every videos? I mean they are on YouTube forever 

After a while the videos get deleted it's like almost Linus's first videos are about to go soon

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

After a while the videos get deleted it's like almost Linus's first videos are about to go soon

Source? I have never heard of this...

Just now, Orangeator said:

Source? I have never heard of this...

I've heard it from youtubers atleast 1-2 years ago but they were about 10 years old

2 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I've heard it from youtubers atleast 1-2 years ago but they were about 10 years old

Yeah I found that a reasonable idea. Store your videos for 1 year and then format and add new 

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

I've never heard of this. There are a lot of older videos with no traffic that are still there. 

8 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

I store hundreds of gigabytes of operating systems. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

I am 99% sure that is not true.

1 minute ago, rrubberr said:

I have no idea why you would need that much.

As someone who creates lots of textures for use with various 3d modelling programs / path tracers / game engines, that still makes no sense. My 8192x8192 textures are about 60mb apiece, so 60mb*100 per export is only about 6 GB per export, with the actual models being tiny, and my whole library of trash is only about 200GB.

People like me who want a 4k (Avg. 100GB a movie) media library. Still 100TB is a bit excessive.

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

I am 99% sure that is not true.

Yeah I wasn't so sure about but I think they had copyrighted material in the video

2 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

I have no idea why you would need that much.

As someone who creates lots of textures for use with various 3d modelling programs / path tracers / game engines, that still makes no sense. My 8192x8192 textures are about 60mb apiece, so 60mb*100 per export is only about 6 GB per export, with the actual models being tiny, and my whole library of trash is only about 200GB.

Some people like me have a lot of OS ISO files, so it's not that crazy. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

People like me who want a 4k (Avg. 100GB a movie) media library. Still 100TB is a bit excessive.

But where do you download 4k content?

7 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

But where do you download 4k content?

You "rip" it from 4k Blu-ray's.

Edit: I do have a way to download 4k content but we are not allowed to discuss those kinds of topics on this forum.

15 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

If your entire company is based on content you have created you should plan to store all of your own content,  not depend on a third party to store it for you (paid cloud services as the exception for a second backup) . Also I'm fairly certain youtube doesn't store full bit rate uncompressed video files. Storing them yourself you can manage the files system and have immediate access to any and all of your past content. 

6 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

What software are you using? 

8 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Edit: I do have a way to download 4k content but we are not allowed to discuss those kinds of topics on this forum.

You can message me?

3 minutes ago, COUPER MILLAR said:

If your entire company is based on content you have created you should plan to store all of your own content,  not depend on a third party to store it for you (paid cloud services as the exception for a second backup) . Also I'm fairly certain youtube doesn't store full bit rate uncompressed video files. Storing them yourself you can manage the files system and have immediate access to any and all of your past content. 

I won't be having a company. I will be making YouTube videos and that too alone and not even full time job

Just now, apaar123 said:

I won't be having a company. I will be making YouTube videos and that too alone and not even full time job

Then you are probably not going to need 100 tb. But a 10tb drive might be a good investment. 

2 minutes ago, COUPER MILLAR said:

What software are you using? 

I don't personally do it, I have a close friend who buys 4k Blu-Ray's and "captures" them. So then I go to his house and copy them onto a portable SSD drive.

3 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

You can message me?

I got your message, will respond in a second.

2 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

People who have 100TB's worth of storage tend to have a very good reason for having it. If you can't even imagine how to use 100TB's, then you don't need that much space. Just get a large NAS hard-drive to store your videos.

4 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

And a second one as a duplicate backup on another machine or  nas would be a worthy investment as well. 

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

I don't personally do it, I have a close friend who buys 4k Blu-Ray's and "captures" them. So then I go to his house and copy them onto a portable SSD drive.

Ah, I see. 4k Blu-ray's are the only media I own that I am unable to get onto my plex server right now, and I'm keeping an ear out for anything that can help remedy the problem.