Will a gtx 660 fit in a micro atx motherboard and a mini tower case?

i have a asrock g41m s3 motherboard currently equipped with a gt 610 gpu.im planning to upgrade to a galaxy gtx 660 and it looks big on images.im concerned whether it will fit or not

2 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

i have a asrock g41m s3 motherboard currently equipped with a gt 610 gpu.im planning to upgrade to a galaxy gtx 660 and it looks big on images.im concerned whether it will fit or not

Are you buying it used? What card exactly, we need the exact model number.

Just now, FTL said:

Are you buying it used? What card exactly, we need the exact model number.

yea used. Galaxy 66NPH7DN6ZVZ GeForce GTX 660 GC 2GB is the one i will be buying

Just now, Shammikit said:

yea used. Galaxy 66NPH7DN6ZVZ GeForce GTX 660 GC 2GB is the one i will be buying

What case are you using?

PS: How much are you paying? GTX 660s are very weak nowadays.

The case itself will have a greater bearing on this. Specifically whether it's a standard width case and the distance between the rear and any hard drive cage.

the width affect compatibility, as slim cases limit you GPU choices. The length between the rear of the case and hard drive cage affects the length of card compatibility.

You should also consider the PSU requirements to make sure the power draw of the GPU will be supported.

Just now, FTL said:

What case are you using?

PS: How much are you paying? GTX 660s are very weak nowadays.

the case is a one called powerlogic. i dont know its model number.however by the looks of it i think its a mini tower case. i was doing some comparisons also with the 750ti. the card performance is no big difference in games

5 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

the case is a one called powerlogic. i dont know its model number.however by the looks of it i think its a mini tower case. i was doing some comparisons also with the 750ti. the card performance is no big difference in games

The gtx 660 is using the Kepler architecture and believe me, when I say that it is pretty much dead, no game support. GTX 750Ti is using Maxwell, which is the "previous" Pascal and still gets optimized for. If the price is more than 50$, look for alternatives, as for the card, it most likely fits, the cooler isn't that big (unless your case is LP).

2 minutes ago, FTL said:

The gtx 660 is using the Kepler architecture and believe me, when I say that it is pretty much dead, no game support. GTX 750Ti is using Maxwell, which is the "previous" Pascal and still gets optimized for. If the price is more than 50$, look for alternatives, as for the card, it most likely fits, the cooler isn't that big (unless your case is LP).

will a card like a rx 550 outperform the 660 and the 750ti

6 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

will a card like a rx 550 outperform the 660 and the 750ti

RX 460 is the best budget card right now (you might also want to wait for the 560). Search around a bit and you might find some at 80$. If the GTX 1050 is less expensive, get that.

On 5/6/2017 at 5:58 PM, FTL said:

RX 460 is the best budget card right now (you might also want to wait for the 560). Search around a bit and you might find some at 80$. If the GTX 1050 is less expensive, get that.

If i were in another country i could have got a rx 460 easily but its price is twice high in our country. if the gtx 660 isnt good is there something else from the amd side which i can buy used for my budget

13 hours ago, Shammikit said:

If i were in another country i could have got a rx 460 easily but its price is twice high in our country. if the gtx 660 isnt good is there something else from the amd side which i can buy used for my budget

What is your budget?

On 5/8/2017 at 7:41 AM, Ertman said:

What is your budget?

around USD100

2 minutes ago, Spenser1337 said:

Hd 7970

thats a difficult one to find. i remember few months back one guy selling a 6000 series card.ever since then didnt see a amd card for my budget.the only thing that shows up are gtx 560ti and 660s

5 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

thats a difficult one to find. i remember few months back one guy selling a 6000 series card.ever since then didnt see a amd card for my budget.the only thing that shows up are gtx 560ti and 660s

Not worth it to buy those, try a 7850

11 hours ago, Shammikit said:

around USD100

I would also recommend the 7970, only if it fits in the case, which you will need to measure and look up the cards specs on the manufacturers website, and you have to have a good enough power supply.

you can buy them for <=$100usd but as always buyer beware when purchasing used parts. I am sure you know this, but it's I like to mention it.

you could always try the following

280x / 7970

280 / 7950

270x / 7850

i am sure there are some good nVidia options, but I am unsure if any of them have had their support dropped where these are still supported.