I just got a Nintendo Switch...

I got the Switch like Tuesday, off of some dude on Craigslist. They were out of stock literally everywhere, days after the restock. He bought all 8 Switches at some Walmart. 

So I just went for it.

I meet up with the dude at the McDonalds, the Switch was sealed, unopened, he gave me the receipt, and I got to test it in the McDonalds with him.

It was only $330, which would've been the price after sales tax in 'Murica.

So after that, I went to Target to get Mario Kart 8, and I literally abandoned my PC for 5 days. Best decision ever.

Oh I got the grey one btw, because that's all they had.

The Switch, is so interesting. I thought from all the commercials of docking it on the TV that it wouldn't be instantly and there would be like a 30 second delay.

Nope, 2 seconds later, Mario Kart 8.

Mario Kart 8 on the switch is amazing. You can literally do 4 player split screen on the tiny tablet. Maybe the Halo series could learn something about Nintendo.....

Handheld mode is frikin' sweet, the screen is amazing but a little small considering the size of the black borders around it, but okay.....

Literally, other people play this thing more than I do at school. 

• All my friends constantly want to play this thing.
  • Teachers want to play with they're students, in the middle of the lesson.
  • And cute girls always ask me, they ask me, if they can play Mario Kart with me.

This thing was so worth selling my Xbox One for this.

Yes I sold my Xbox One, some of you might think I'm dumb but the XBone sucks.

Literally the slowest OS ever, probably because it's running on a 5400rpm hard drive. 

I really hope Scorpio has an SSD, or an internal hard drive swap out mechanism like the PS4.

Anyway, I've gotton some more accessories/games along the way, like a new set of blue joy-cons, the charging grip (which btw, doesn't actually charge, it just has a type-C port for charging, there is no battery.) , a screen protector, a 30,000 mah battery bank, AND A SICK GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ROCKET BACKPACK FOR IT!

Rocket Raccoon Backpack Buddy - Exclusive Additional Image

Anyway, I really like the Switch, and for those who are complaining about ergonomics, I've got something to say. 

Okay, well it isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. But it is miles better than any handheld system I've held. The PSVita had both joysticks on the bottom, that was weird.

But anyway, I really like the joy-con grip that it comes with, and it feels like it should. Now playing the joy-cons 1 by 1 in Mario Kart split-screen or something, that is a bit weird too, but just put on the wrist wrap trigger attachment thing, and its way better. Or get the steering wheels, its actually worth it if you have tons of people playing it with you.

And if you still think its uncomfortable, your playing too much video games.

Also, if you think the Switch doesn't have a lot of games, it grew a lot in the past month. You've got Shovel Knight, Mario Kart, that one weird Tetris game, Snipper Clips (which is actually really fun and creative, there is a free demo to try it out), and a lot of other Indie games that are super cheap. Idk I just can't list all of them at the moment. But Minecraft is coming right around the corner, and I'm sicked for that because it has split screen and the new updates have like hunger games and stuff.

Either way, if your looking to get a Nintendo Switch, I'd recommend it. It might seem a little wonky at first glance, but it's really cool afterwards.

But who the heck should I know? I've only had this thing for 5 days.

And yes, I got Zelda, and it absolutely amazing, get it.

So I just wrote this because half the accessories I said I got are being shipped through amazon and I can't wait so I just wanted something to pass the time............

Thnx for reading!

I'm still gonna go get a 3DS, gotta catch them all. I happen to love all the Pokémon games on 3DS and DS. 

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

1 hour ago, Underi said:

I'm still gonna go get a 3DS, gotta catch them all. I happen to love all the Pokémon games on 3DS and DS. 

You haven't got one already? Huh.

4 minutes ago, IsaacThePooper said:

You haven't got one already? Huh.

No, I can't afford and if I can 3DS isn't my top priority. So far I've been playing on my 8-year old DSi.. :D 

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

4 minutes ago, Underi said:

No, I can't afford and if I can 3DS isn't my top priority. So far I've been playing on my 8-year old DSi.. :D 

In that case that New 2DS XL might be good, barely any games use 3D and it destroys battery life I've heard.

7 hours ago, IsaacThePooper said:

Anyway, I really like the Switch, and for those who are complaining about ergonomics, I've got something to say. 

Okay, well it isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. But it is miles better than any handheld system I've held. The PSVita had both joysticks on the bottom, that was weird.

Well, that comparison doesn't really make all that much sense. 

The Switch is a much larger device than a PS Vita, and therefor less compromises had to be made when Nintendo designed the ergonomics. 

Personally, I had to give up playing out Switch with the JoyCons. Way too unfomfortable. 

I didn't really begin playing BotW untill I caved in and bought a Pro Controller.

Honestly, I'm still not impressed with the game library. Sure, there might be more indie games on it now than there was at launch, but indie games rarely makes a console.

A lot of people probably already have those indie games anyway. They have been out on PC, PS3/4, Xbox One/360 and the Wii U for ages. 

The only reason we bought a Switch was for my wife to play Breath of the Wild, since she's a hugh Legend of Zelda fan.

Granted, she has enjoyed it (not a big Zelda fan myself), but it's a pretty expensive piece of kit to buy just for that. 

I will look forward to seeing what other Nintendo titles will be released. The new Mario Kart does look fun, but it's only really fun when you're multiple people playing. 

The battery life is also not too impressive. I've only gotten 4 hours out of it while playing BotW.

When you buy a portable gaming system you shouldn't have to carry around a battery bank. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Me: sees too many improper uses of the word "literally"

assumed he watches leafyishere.

Looks at profile pic.

2 hours ago, elago said:

In that case that New 2DS XL might be good, barely any games use 3D and it destroys battery life I've heard.

Yeah bro get the new 2DS

22 minutes ago, WindirBear said:

Me: sees too many improper uses of the word "literally"

assumed he watches leafyishere.

Looks at profile pic.

I didn't use the word "literally" as much as leafy ;3

BTW that's iDubbbz on the right..............

On 5/6/2017 at 10:44 AM, Volbet said:

Well, that comparison doesn't really make all that much sense. 

The Switch is a much larger device than a PS Vita, and therefor less compromises had to be made when Nintendo designed the ergonomics. 

Personally, I had to give up playing out Switch with the JoyCons. Way too unfomfortable. 

I didn't really begin playing BotW untill I caved in and bought a Pro Controller.

Honestly, I'm still not impressed with the game library. Sure, there might be more indie games on it now than there was at launch, but indie games rarely makes a console.

A lot of people probably already have those indie games anyway. They have been out on PC, PS3/4, Xbox One/360 and the Wii U for ages. 

The only reason we bought a Switch was for my wife to play Breath of the Wild, since she's a hugh Legend of Zelda fan.

Granted, she has enjoyed it (not a big Zelda fan myself), but it's a pretty expensive piece of kit to buy just for that. 

I will look forward to seeing what other Nintendo titles will be released. The new Mario Kart does look fun, but it's only really fun when you're multiple people playing. 

The battery life is also not too impressive. I've only gotten 4 hours out of it while playing BotW.

When you buy a portable gaming system you shouldn't have to carry around a battery bank. 

Yeah, the only games that I have is BOTW and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. But I still can't stop playing it after all this time. I'm also excited for Minecraft to come out.

Thread moved to Member Reviews. 

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch