UK government is at it again, wants "almost real time" internet monitoring and encryption backdoors

Master Disaster
Go to solution Solved by leadeater,
13 minutes ago, AUniqueName said:

Yeh, their response basically was: No, the public needs this acts because of these reasons: terrorism, terrorism.... oh and terrorism

The word terrorism is like the wild card/joker in card games, the one thing that can screw over even the best hand in the game.

3 hours ago, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

This isn't about terrorism. That's just the excuse that's being used.

of-course first priority is terrorism , other than that what else would they do? 

Details separate people.

26 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

of-course first priority is terrorism , other than that what else would they do? 

I don't know; spy on their own citizens, eternally extend government powers, find new and better ways to make propaganda. The list goes on and on. The government isn't your friend, and it sure as hell doesn't have your best interests at heart.

The threat of terrorism and other external threats are just used to extend the powers of the state. That's how it's always been and always will be (i.e. Hitler, the U.S., Lenin and Stalin, the Roman Empire...).

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.