Asus Aura Crashing "has stopped working"

Go to solution Solved by Danielps1,

Okay I either got lucky by the method iamthecpu provided or It's because I changed the installation location.

After setting the install location to C:/Asus Aura works directly :)

To fullfill my RGB needs I installed the Asus Aura software for my new Ryzen Mainboard (Asus Prime X370-Pro)

The Software only crashes at the startup and creates a Bugreport Online (without even asking, wtf asus)

I've tried reinstalling it, restarting after installing, using an older version, Admin mode. Nothing of those had any effect on the software.

Similar Threads like here 

had the same Problem, but seems like they didn't really find out how to fix it.

I thought by paying a bit more for my Mainboard and getting the better chipset, I would have a decent Mainboard with good software, but apparently no.

This is the stack from the crash:

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
aura+0xed0e
aura+0x6edec
aura+0x25274
aura+0x72389
qt5core!QMetaObject::activate+0x4cf

Anyone suffering a similar fate? Anyone found a fix? 

If you have some kind of RGB RAM, Cpu Cooler, Fans etc. that are not controlled by Asus Aura Softaware, you should switch them back to default mode and if should be fine.

Asus Link May be another problem.

7 minutes ago, Danielps1 said:

aura+0xed0e aura+0x6edec aura+0x25274 aura+0x72389

if aura+0X* fails then map error to tableerrorfilemap(tefm) and continue on

1 hour ago, Danielps1 said:

The Software only crashes at the startup and creates a Bugreport Online (without even asking, wtf asus)

Thats what you get for craving RGBullshit. Jokes aside, I'd go ahead and write them an e-mail. I've heard wondrous tales about their customer service being not utterly useless and actually trying to help.

1 hour ago, justMiga said:

If you have some kind of RGB RAM, Cpu Cooler, Fans etc. that are not controlled by Asus Aura Softaware, you should switch them back to default mode and if should be fine.

Asus Link May be another problem.

I have nothing similar plugged into the Mainboard. All I have is a GTX 970 without any LEDs and Corsair RAM without any LEDs.

The Wraith Cooler is the only RGB thing in there. My Case, the NZXT h440, has lighting but it's only connected to the PSU not the Mainboard.

1 hour ago, bcguru9384 said:

if aura+0X* fails then map error to tableerrorfilemap(tefm) and continue on

I'm sorry what do you mean?

33 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

Thats what you get for craving RGBullshit. Jokes aside, I'd go ahead and write them an e-mail. I've heard wondrous tales about their customer service being not utterly useless and actually trying to help.

I didn't really crave it, I would be happy if it was white or something or not there at all. But If my Mainboard has RGB features and my CPU Cooler has it. I didn't pay for the RGB model or something and if I get a cool feature it should actually work, otherwise I'm kinda pissed.

Had the same issue with my asus x99 deluxe motherboard. The way that i fixed it was uninstalling and reinstalling it until it worked. You can also set the leds in the bios, so even if aura does not work it will at least do what is set in the bios.   

31 minutes ago, iamthecpu said:

Had the same issue with my asus x99 deluxe motherboard. The way that i fixed it was uninstalling and reinstalling it until it worked. You can also set the leds in the bios, so even if aura does not work it will at least do what is set in the bios.   

I found like 1 option for LEDs in the bios, but that was about the mainboards lights itself when the pc is off.

Reinstalling until it fixes itself is gonna be a lot of fun... 

Okay I either got lucky by the method iamthecpu provided or It's because I changed the installation location.

After setting the install location to C:/Asus Aura works directly :)

• 6 months later...

* FIX *

Guys, maybe a bit late. But for all the people who still haven't gotten it fixed. It's because you've installed two or more RBG control softwares. Just like when you have two anti virusses installed they'll fight with eachother.

Quote from Gskill website:

"The software will conflict with other LED lighting control software (such as ASUS Aura, Gigabyte Fusion, MSI Command Center/Mystic Light, NZXT CAM, etc.). Please do not install both software at the same time, or there may be software conflicts. We will be working in future versions to improve compatibility between the different software programs."

Just uninstall the other software and only use Asus Aura. Then you're fine!

Good luck :)

Regards,

Marc

• 2 years later...

IF asus AURA is not working please try the following

1. Remove ASUS AI SUITE and all related components

2. Use CCleaner to clear the registry and clear history (Be sure to select all related directories in CCleaner )

3. Shut Down the PC and the Start it back again. Do not Click Restart. Turn it back ON Then..

4. Remove A) Asus AURA B) Patriot RGB Software C) AURA Service from Remove Programs

5. Repeat Step 2. & 3.

6. Install Asus AURA FIRST

7. Step 3 Again. ( Check if RGB lighting is ON )

8. Install Asus AI suite after opening AURA and checking to see if it's working WHICH it should.

I hope this helps anyone that NEEDS AURA and AI suite to be running side by side.

Thank you for your time and consideration

I used this solution for the past 5 years but never posted it till now. Sorry about the delay!

I am very sure this will work. its a legit solution with out modifying any registry or as such.

I hope Asus can update this issue and pass it on the responsible team at the ASUS