Possible To Play a Modded Skyrim On Ubuntu And Steam?

HerEscutcheon
Go to solution Solved by AndyCapets,

Skyrim is a Windows only game, sadly no Linux support...

I want to start using Linux and move away from Windows. The only thing keeping me from making the move is Skyrim. I love Elder Scrolls games, especially when modded, and I want to know if I can mod just as well on Ubuntu/Steam. On Windows, everything's available; Nexus, SKSE, etc. So, with Ubuntu and Steam, can I mod Skyrim? If so, can I use the script extender? Am I limited to Steam Workshop, or can I still use Nexus and their mod manager? I tried looking this up on Google, but nothing pops up specific to this situation. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

It says right on Steam that Skyrim is for Windows, why would you move to Ubuntu?

Aww... Sad. I must have got confused somewhere, as I thought playing vanilla Skyrim through Steam on Ubuntu was possible. Okay, nvm guys, thanks!

• 1 year later...

Ubuntu 14.04 + Crossover. Playing and modding Skyrim without any problem. Nexus mods and Steam mods both work together.
Using ModOrganizer and BOSS GUI to organize my mods. Of course they are all windows applications and I run them with CrossOver.

Skyrim as a windows application has no problems on Linux.

Crossover is the easiest way but Skyrim and related mod utilities should work fine with Wine or PlayOnLinux also.