PC finished or important things missing?

Go to solution Solved by MVPernula,

Honestly the only way to know if you have everything you need is if you feel satisfied.

Do you FEEL like you need something? Is something missing TO YOU?

If no, then you're good :)

Your build seems nice, I'm glad you're happy with it.

Hello!

So I think my PC is finally good enough for me, but I'd rather ask you guys since I don't know that much about computers or the newest parts.

Detailed list of components and other externals:

- Mainboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0

- CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition (Standard clock speed, 4Ghz)

- CPU Cooler: EKL Alpenfohn Brocken Tower Cooler

- RAM: 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3-1600

- RAM: 1x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black DDR3-1600

- GPU1: GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB - Gainward - Two 1080p 60hz monitors, one DVI one HDMI)

- GPU2: GeForce GTX 650 (1GB - MSI - One 1080p 60hz monitor, VGA)

- PSU: 450 Watts Cooler Master G450M Modular

- Storage: 1TB Seagate HDD 7200rpm (Other programs and games)

- Storage: 250GB Samsung SSD (OS, GTA V)

- Case: Sharkoon VS4-W (Two 120mm front fans: Air in. One 120mm back fan: Air out.)

- Monitors: Three 1080p 60hz standard monitors.

- Mouse: Sharkoon Drakonia (Was cheap)

- Keyboard: Sharkoon Skiller Pro+ (Looked nice)

- Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II (Was on discount)

- Total price: $980 (Without GPU2, Monitors, Mouse, Keyboard and Headset.)

Benchmark scores:

- Cinebench R15 CPU: 639 Points

- Cinebench R15 OpenGL: 80.68 fps

Tell me which benchmark you want me to run, then I'll add the scores here.

Highest temperatures on synthetic loads with all fans on 100%:

- CPU: 70°C/158°F

- GTX 1060: 80°C/176°F

20 minutes of FurMark and Prime95. 19.5°C/67.1°F ambient temperature on air intake. Closed case.

That's my full list. I want to buy the HTC Vive next and play some small games because my PC is VR-Ready (according to the

Steam VR test). But before I buy it, I want to ask if there is anything that I have to buy, something crucial that I absolutely need

in order for my PC to work properly or better, some small settings that I might have missed in the BIOS etc. (By the way: That

GTX 650 is only in my system, because I actually needed a third monitor and it was cheaper to put it in instead of buying a

DP-monitor. Tested everything, does not seem to affect anything related to performance or stability.)

Thanks very much in advance for all of your answers and helpful comments!

Honestly the only way to know if you have everything you need is if you feel satisfied.

If no, then you're good :)

Your build seems nice, I'm glad you're happy with it.

I don't think I need more, everything works fine. I just heard about new

AMD CPU's releasing, new graphics cards releasing and many new

kinds of ram. Just thought some of these are a "must have". You know,

I'm not up to date with PC stuff xD

18 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Bah there's plenty of hardware I 'feel' I need that I don't. xD

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

CPU is getting bit old. So I would say thats first thing you should look into. I'm not sure about AMDs integrated graphics, but if you go with Intel, you can run 3rd monitor of that and remove extra GPU. It would improve GPU cooling too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Have you measured the power draw for the system? With that PSU, I think you might be pushing it quite hard with the 1060 & 650 in it to be honest (without any peripherals or case fans etc - pcpartpicker, while not completely accurate in this regard has that system pulling about 437 watts). I would personally take out the 650 and just get a display port to hdmi (or whatever the connector is) adapter, but your mileage may vary.

On 5.5.2017 at 11:51 AM, IntMD said:

Have you measured the power draw for the system? With that PSU, I think you might be pushing it quite hard with the 1060 & 650 in it to be honest (without any peripherals or case fans etc - pcpartpicker, while not completely accurate in this regard has that system pulling about 437 watts). I would personally take out the 650 and just get a display port to hdmi (or whatever the connector is) adapter, but your mileage may vary.

I only have one HDMI monitor and two VGA/DVI monitors, that's the reason for the GTX 650. By the way,

the website from corsair said that a 410W PSU would be absolute minimum, 460W was recommended.

I testet my CPU with Prime95 (disabling one core for furmark) and both GPU's with furmark all at the

same time to test the PSU, in case it would not be able to provide enough power. Nothing happened

for about 15 minutes, then my PC just got a little hot, but the PSU stayed at pretty much the same

temperature as if it was doing nothing at all. Anyway, I won't play games on three monitors, so the

GTX 650 won't be used for games at all, just desktop tasks.