7700k Overheating ??

came across this on facebook, its not applicable to me, but is this actually true? the 7700k actually having these issues.

http://www.pcgamer.com/intels-tells-core-i7-7700k-owners-to-stop-overclocking-to-avoid-high-temps/?utm_content=buffere9fca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

(yes yes i dont own any of this content and all that Copyright jazz, i stole it from a baby while beating a seal with a club, there done my disclaimer, blaaah)

Wasnt aware of any issues besides the usually crappy ihs causing high temps

yes it does due to Intel using poor thermal paste compared to a 6700k.  

so alot of delidding, new TP, and all that jazz...

I feel as if some of the people that are having this issue aren't really doing all they can to stop the problem on their end.  I bet most of them haven't repasted their processor, and most of them are probably using coolers that aren't much better than the stock Intel ones.  Intel said they weren't having issues with their tests, so those two reasons could be likely.

Except for the delidders, they got something good there. You go guys!

its not applicable to me thb, im running ryzen, haven't had much to do with intel since 370 socket. speaking of which i need to start a new thread on that.

41 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

came across this on facebook, its not applicable to me, but is this actually true? the 7700k actually having these issues.

http://www.pcgamer.com/intels-tells-core-i7-7700k-owners-to-stop-overclocking-to-avoid-high-temps/?utm_content=buffere9fca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

(yes yes i dont own any of this content and all that Copyright jazz, i stole it from a baby while beating a seal with a club, there done my disclaimer, blaaah)

funny. soon as this gets posted, just last night my pc was doing this and getting up to 80-90C un-overclocked, and now my system wont even post

15 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

funny. soon as this gets posted, just last night my pc was doing this and getting up to 80-90C un-overclocked, and now my system wont even post

Your system won't even hit post? We need to contact Intel, this is getting out of control. Hundreds of people like yourself are getting overheating on their NON-overclocked 7700k's... Intel needs to RECOGNIZE this issue! 

7 hours ago, shotsfired said:

Your system won't even hit post? We need to contact Intel, this is getting out of control. Hundreds of people like yourself are getting overheating on their NON-overclocked 7700k's... Intel needs to RECOGNIZE this issue! 

well, im gona ask for a refund hopefully. looks like AMD here i come. i dont mind amd, but might be time i go back if intel keeps hiding errors and flaws in their tech

21 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

well, im gona ask for a refund hopefully. looks like AMD here i come. i dont mind amd, but might be time i go back if intel keeps hiding errors and flaws in their tech

mate im running a nice little R7 1700 AB350m pro4 setup. im suuuper happy with it, smooth as butter. a 1600 or 1700 are real little beauties 

46 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

mate im running a nice little R7 1700 AB350m pro4 setup. im suuuper happy with it, smooth as butter. a 1600 or 1700 are real little beauties 

Which B350 mobos and suppliers are having the best BIOS, and most stable BIOS updates?

they are all going pretty good, im running a Asrock AB350m Pro4 and its good, but all the brands seem to be making a effort for the Ryzen platform, TBH Asrock could use another update, Gigabyte is pretty good. Asus started off rough but things are smoothing out and MSI i haven't heard any complaints from so its really what board and features you want atm. they are all doing thier part it seems

You know, honestly... AMD is killing it lately. I think you should strongly research switching. Low power, high output processing is their game this time around, with the AM4 socket. It's great. 

On 2017-5-11 at 2:28 AM, shotsfired said:

You know, honestly... AMD is killing it lately. I think you should strongly research switching. Low power, high output processing is their game this time around, with the AM4 socket. It's great. 

been with amd since 754 days. the R7 1700, amazing!!  so easy to work with :D

On 5/4/2017 at 10:40 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

yes it does due to Intel using poor thermal paste compared to a 6700k.  

Same paste.  Just a different adhesive application that's causing higher temps. 

7 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Same paste.  Just a different adhesive application that's causing higher temps. 

shouldn't be like this thou, honestly if its suppose to be the new better chip, shouldn't have crappier cheaper paste strapped to it

2 hours ago, ArcThanatos said:

shouldn't be like this thou, honestly if its suppose to be the new better chip, shouldn't have crappier cheaper paste strapped to it

You obviously didn't read my comment that you quoted.

11 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You obviously didn't read my comment that you quoted.

sorry miss read, but still, its just a bit.. kinda hi how you going that its doing this, its not good at all. i know some people will have a way to fix it, but for those who haven't got the know how, thats gonna be a problem

9 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

sorry miss read, but still, its just a bit.. kinda hi how you going that its doing this, its not good at all. i know some people will have a way to fix it, but for those who haven't got the know how, thats gonna be a problem

No worries. 

To be honest, I've gone through dozens upon dozens of 7700ks as I bin CPUs. I've yet to come across one that exhibited crazy temps. It does run warmer then the 6700k, but on average it also overclocks roughly 400 MHz higher. 

The 7700k has allowed a lot more people to hit 5 GHz with high IPC more then any other previous chip. A lot of people are shooting for this and doing so with out proper cooling whether they fess up to it or not. 

Most of the initial heat issues that people were experiencing stemmed from motherboards running voltage too high with initial BIOS releases. This was covered by many reviewers as they received review chips. 

If you are running adequate cooling you'll more then likely never experience heat related issues with a 7700k unless you're running higher voltages then needed or pushing for high clocks. 

makes sense, like im not going to buy a kaby lake, im sticking with ryzen for the now, see what happens in yrs to come, even thou i use AMD chips, i always ask people what they want to do before making them a build. most the time its a Intel build, if you just game, a skykabylake is all you need really, or a R5 will do pretty good as well. 

but yeah i dare say alot of people have OC'ed with out the correct cooling solution. im using a BQ dark rock pro3, its enough to keep my system cool an sensible but not enought to get 4+ Ghz on ryzen. i could if i dont mind 70c but its running fine at 3.9Ghz at 60 (ish) in a small case. a 7700k in this case, id have at least a 240Rad on it if i was going to OC in a SFF case