LTX 2017 Meetup Announcement

WOO!!!

I've got my $75USD ticket, my airplane tickets, and my hotel.

I'm flying into Vancouver YVR airport from Tennessee. What do y'all local folk recommend as the best way to get to Langley?

PM me on Skype or Discord mr_iceslice#8909 with info, because I don't check the fourm too often. But I'll try to check here if no one feels like PMing me.

Thanks for any advice you guys have!

Dennis would go down just on a wimpy open handed slap to his face.

I bought a ticket. Anyone heading down from northern BC (PrinceGeorge/Smithers)? Going to be heading down via motorcycle. Get a group going down?

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 2.46.18 PM.jpg

you sir are brave for riding the whole way. I couldn't stand all the bugs crusted into my legs and such.

On 5/22/2017 at 6:08 AM, techmama said:

My son lives and breaths technology and is a huge fan of Linus and team.  He is turning 13 on Friday and he wants to attend the event in July for his 13th birthday gift.  I have looked into flights from South Carolina and it will be a big gift. Given his age, do you think he will learn very much and enjoy the experience?  Thank you. 

He will love that. And I really think he will learn a lot there, or else, be in oah when looking at everything Linus has there.

I really want to go to LTX this summer but I'm in a predicament; I would have to go alone to LTX... Well my mom isn't too fond of the idea (I'm 16 and have never left Ontario).

So I'm wondering if ticket refunds would be a possibility. This way I could return my ticket in the scenario were I can't convince my mom to let me go.

At 16 I was riding the rails illegally and smoking pounds of weed and other illicet illegal drugs.

On 2017-6-2 at 3:50 PM, Mozzar said:

I bought a ticket. Anyone heading down from northern BC (PrinceGeorge/Smithers)? Going to be heading down via motorcycle. Get a group going down?

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 2.46.18 PM.jpg

Jeeze man that's quite the trip 

Does anyone know if there is any of the $500 ticket left? If so how many!

10 hours ago, FelixC said:

Does anyone know if there is any of the $500 ticket left? If so how many!

it's all sold out I believe.

@CPotter I was looking to get the $75 package with all the stuff, but had to make sure the logistics worked out. So now, a couple weeks later, I don't see a way to buy it anymore. What happened? Thanks.

I PAID $500 TO MEET BERKEL IF HE ISN'T THERE I WILL SLAUGHTER SOMEONE

• CPU
    Intel Core i7-7820X @ 4.2GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
  • RAM
    32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4
  • GPU
    GTX 1080Ti FE
  • Case
    Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
  • Storage
    500GB 960 Pro SSD, 240GB PNY SATA SSD, 3TB WD Red NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair RMx Series, RM850x
  • Display(s)
    3x 1080p Garbage
  • Cooling
    Fully Custom EK :D
  • Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Chroma "Clicky"
  • Mouse
    Razer Super Mega Black Mamba of Death 9000DPI
  • Sound
    Logitech Something with a broken bass adjustment knob so it's always rupturing spleens
  • Operating System
    NSA-Approved version of Windows 10 Pro

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, kameshss said:

Also, super sad that I'm in India :( 

I'm a minor that literally lives likes 100 miles from him, but I still need a freaking visa to get across the U.S. border; LOL.

2 hours ago, adithyay328 said:

I'm a minor that literally lives likes 100 miles from him, but I still need a freaking visa to get across the U.S. border; LOL.

100 miles from where?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I wish I can go but airplane tickets are way too expensive :(

I'm currently kicking about, traveling Canada and have decided to extend my stay and head over Vancouver way at the end of July for this. Is public transport from Vancouver ok to Langley Events Centre? Also, do I really have to print my ticket out? I didn't pack a damned printer for some reason. Who knows what.

God damn it :c

1380USD from Stockholm, Sweden to Vancouver, Canada... Sure, that is with 3 days hotel and all (27/07-30/07), but I still have to account for event tickets, living expenses and have some pocket money for souvenirs. All in all, roughly 1700 USD by my estimates - Sorry, not happening as a student right now!

Sorry LMG, hopefully next year when I will have more time to save up some cash and learn not to spend it all on tech :P

EDIT: Do I need a visa in order to get into Canada from Sweden? There are like a handful of countries I can't access directly with my Swedish passport, but there are some irregularities such as Japan.

On 07/06/2017 at 0:03 AM, Hackaloken said:

@CPotter I was looking to get the $75 package with all the stuff, but had to make sure the logistics worked out. So now, a couple weeks later, I don't see a way to buy it anymore. What happened? Thanks.

Hi, there seems to be only $30 tickets left here - http://geni.us/LTXCONival2017

This will hopefully have a better ping/latency than http://bit.ly/LTX_2017  LOL :D

Dominic

7 hours ago, daveros63 said:

. Is public transport from Vancouver ok to Langley Events Centre?

It's pretty ok. take the Skytrain to the eastern most station, then it's 1 bus that goes right by the LEC.
If you're coming from the airport, you'll have to take 2 trains though, so you have to get off at the right stop that connects with the train you need to get to the east station (Surrey Central)

"If we can't laugh at the dead, we have no business killing people."

On 6/10/2017 at 8:25 AM, adithyay328 said:

If you are 16 or under you only need your birth certificate

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

On 5/14/2017 at 3:21 AM, PiGHamM3R said:

Eh, can't recall but somewhere around 120-150. And this was for my first Passport; they're good for 10 years, or until you run out of spaces to put stamps (my delima). Mine doesn't let me skip any security checks though.

Warning: Some airlines won't let you fly if your passport is about to expire within 6 months. (This holds true with Emirates Air anyway)

Most countries (Canada included) don't stamp anymore.

Also the 6 month thing is actually a law, so all airports follow it.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

We are coming over from Alaska and are super excited for the event.  Have you made any convention deals with a local hotel/motel for discounted rooms?  We've got a limited budget so we're trying to save every penny we can.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,