broken hdtv (REFUND) need help.

Go to solution Solved by haloharry97,
On 5/5/2017 at 8:15 PM, Daniel644 said:

that would still be in the return window for any store here, provided you still have the box and the reciept

that's MARKETING, just because it has support for certain gaming platforms built in doesn't make the panel itself truely good for gaming, thats why I ALWAYS refer to the Rtings review on the product if possible ever since I got burned by the crappy black levels of that LG one I returned.

Rtings is why i got this tv, they called it the best for the size and price.

I was able to fix it, I had to move my pc closer so i can use 7m cable it fixed it, I do not know why 15m willl not work.

Hi, I got my self a new 4k sony tv 2017 but am having problems with it, but the shop will not return it becose it not defective, I live in the uk, So i was wondring what shoud i do ( the tv cost £1500)

video keeps turning on and off at 4k,60fps at 4:4:4 at 8bit or 4:2:2 at 10bit, the supports them, but if i do 4k,60fps at 4:2:0 8 bit it is fine or 4k,30fps at 4:4:4 at 10bit
tryed 3 hdmi cables 3 50feet(15m)

price from £15,£60 TO £200 nothing.

i have tryed one pc (GTX 1080)

and nvidia shield 2017

they say the tv is not defective becose I am using it on a pc (they class the shield as a pc) and the tv only supports 4k at 60fps at 4:2:0 at 8bit p.s sony them selfs the tv supports 4k,60,4:4:4 at 8bit AND http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e they got there tv to work at it  4k,60,4:4:4

what cable are you using for 10-bit 4k60?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

41 minutes ago, haloharry97 said:

Hi, I got my self a new 4k sony tv 2017 but am having problems with it, but the shop will not return it becose it not defective, I live in the uk, So i was wondring what shoud i do ( the tv cost £1500)

here is a video https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_9ZDjgrYDD3Z3h0TmVKWFhtZXc

video keeps turning on and off at 4k,60fps at 4:4:4 at 8bit or 4:2:2 at 10bit, the supports them, but if i do 4k,60fps at 4:2:0 8 bit it is fine or 4k,30fps at 4:4:4 at 10bit
tryed 3 hdmi cables 3 50feet(15m)

price from £15,£60 TO £200 nothing.

i have tryed one pc (GTX 1080)

and nvidia shield 2017

they say the tv is not defective becose I am using it on a pc (they class the shield as a pc) and the tv only supports 4k at 60fps at 4:2:0 at 8bit p.s sony them selfs the tv supports 4k,60,4:4:4 at 8bit AND http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e they got there tv to work at it  4k,60,4:4:4

are you outside the return period at the store, I know here in the states we can return a TV for any reason, I took one back simply because I wasn't happy with the black levels.

11 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

are you outside the return period at the store, I know here in the states we can return a TV for any reason, I took one back simply because I wasn't happy with the black levels.

i bought it 2weeks ago.

11 hours ago, knightslugger said:

what cable are you using for 10-bit 4k60?

qed performance active 15m,

12 hours ago, haloharry97 said:

i bought it 2weeks ago.

that would still be in the return window for any store here, provided you still have the box and the reciept

10 hours ago, haloharry97 said:

-_- now they are saying the tv is not build for gaming. but yet sony sayes on there website it is https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/tvs-made-for-gaming?cpint=SG_PRODUCT_DETAILS_SEC-TOUT-PDP-X90E-EN_GL-2016-11-M13-DISCOVERWHAT-TOUT01-GAMING

TV is XE90

that's MARKETING, just because it has support for certain gaming platforms built in doesn't make the panel itself truely good for gaming, thats why I ALWAYS refer to the Rtings review on the product if possible ever since I got burned by the crappy black levels of that LG one I returned.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:15 PM, Daniel644 said:

I was able to fix it, I had to move my pc closer so i can use 7m cable it fixed it, I do not know why 15m willl not work.

Just now, haloharry97 said:

might have to do with distance, 15m is a pretty long cable (50ft.) and is basically the limit of HDMI without a powered cable, it might be have been having trouble "handshaking" the higher bandwidth connections at that distance. Sorry, I missed that part in your original post.

5 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

might have to do with distance, 15m is a pretty long cable (50ft.) and is basically the limit of HDMI without a powered cable, it might be have been having trouble "handshaking" the higher bandwidth connections at that distance. Sorry, I missed that part in your original post.

it is fine, Do you know where i can get my hands on a powered cable? I have tryed a active cable. I need a cable that can do 18Gbps.
atm for me to use my tv and pc i have to move my pc closer, it is just a pain.

4 hours ago, haloharry97 said:

it is fine, Do you know where i can get my hands on a powered cable? I have tryed a active cable. I need a cable that can do 18Gbps.
atm for me to use my tv and pc i have to move my pc closer, it is just a pain.

active and powered are just different terms for the same thing, I've never personally dealt with cables longer then 25ft. so I don't know if there are any 50 footers that handle the bandwidth needed. I just looked at 1 cable on Amazon that claimed 18Gbps that was 50 foot but it only "guaranteed" 4k@30Hz but it didn't look to be active/powered.

15 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

active and powered are just different terms for the same thing, I've never personally dealt with cables longer then 25ft. so I don't know if there are any 50 footers that handle the bandwidth needed. I just looked at 1 cable on Amazon that claimed 18Gbps that was 50 foot but it only "guaranteed" 4k@30Hz but it didn't look to be active/powered.

okey, this is the most expensive calbe i have tryed it did not work. http://www.qed.co.uk/hdmi_digital/hdmi/qed_performance_active_hdmi_hs_with_ethernet_cable.html

but i thought about trying this with  two 7m hdmi http://transparent-uk.com/startech-com-hdmi-signal-booster-hdmi-extender-4k-60hz.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezTsae2rK1sgumQQObrbHiGuWlUh_GvyaWa_-Bb0kMT2GgKoXvD_BwE