android os - system data usage excess

"OS services" seems to be using excessive amounts of data 

i made a post yesterday claiming its data use on my phone data  

since then, the wifi has used another 10GB+  for "OS services" - its been using 6-7GB daily for this for the past 3 days

its totalled 20GB since the beginning of this month

i need to find out how to stop this - its draining alot of battery and data

thanks in advance 

I know my iPhone did this on iOS 10.3.2 and it  turned out it was location services running in the background for each and every app allowed to use location. Could this be somewhat similar on Android?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

11 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I know my iPhone did this on iOS 10.3.2 and it  turned out it was location services running in the background for each and every app allowed to use location. Could this be somewhat similar on Android?

ill have a look into this. thanks for the input