Opinions on this home theater package.

X1XNobleX1X
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Managed to buy a really nice set of speakers today CM9 by B&W absolutely amazing!

I'v set them up, but the problem seems to be with the Edifier

. It not working with the pre-out on the amp. 

Am I suppose to connect it to the aux in on the very top or the Audio in where it says SW in red?\

I have a sub woofer cable, do I need a cable like this instead? 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5m-Mercury-AV-1RCA-2RCA-High-End-Subwoofer-Y-Cable-/370810193148?pt=AU_Television_Accessories&hash=item56560284fc&_uhb=1

Thanks!

edifier-s550-2.jpg

Please don't tell me you're using that cheap subwoofer with those nice floorstanding speakers....

Would you recommend having a sub in the back as well with the surround speakers? Or two in front.

Also, I'm able to get the QED Subwoofer cable.

Not sure where to get the Van Den Hul Cable from or the Y splitter. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QED-Performance-Subwoofer-cable-6-0m/180832192477?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D2784389447095002284%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D180832192477%26

thats insane crazy expensive overpriced holyshit.com for that cable O.o

Also, how can the cable plug into the subwoofer to the pre out. 

-i-

5lXrk.jpg

^ here                              ^ REV means its in the back

Also no test it out before upting to buy one more sub. it all depends on the size of the room you put the stereo in

thats insane crazy expensive overpriced holyshit.com for that cable O.o

So I need two of these cables since there is left and right mono?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

So I need two of these cables since there is left and right mono?

no only one per subwoofer. but as i said try it out before opting to get one more woofer. it might be overkill. and countrary to belief. more is less when it comes to audio

Norwegiantweaker, you have been a amazing help. Thank you so much!

these packages usualy never come with cables its such a pain.

I can list up what cables i use for my setup. kinda spendy tho but signalcables are pretty important.

5lPxS.png

Any gold plated Y adapter should be fine. if youneed to hook up more than two subwoofers ( Witch the reciever you have can )

Subwoofer cables

5lPBg.png

and for the speakers / im guessing the ports arent huge, so you should go with

5lPDt.png

These are what are sold in norway. but im pretty sure these companies are international.

if not dont skimp out of cheap cables. spend abit of love on them, it will make the sound so much warmer and more quality.

PM me if you have any questions about hooking it up or anyting related to audio :)

Sorry about all the questions, but would you suggest a cheaper speaker cable? For a meter the cheapest I can get is $35 AUS per meter which is close to $1000 for what I need. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Sorry about all the questions, but would you suggest a cheaper speaker cable? For a meter the cheapest I can get is $35 AUS per meter which is close to $1000 for what I need. 

no problem. Where do you buy you're stuff from ? amazon ebay? local stores?. the main thing is that it has to be oxygenfree and around the same size as the gauge of you're speaker ports.

no problem. Where do you buy you're stuff from ? amazon ebay? local stores?. the main thing is that it has to be oxygenfree and around the same size as the gauge of you're speaker ports.

As I live In Australia it's a lot harder to buy things over here. Ebay is probably best if buying overseas. But if you can find a shop which has the speaker cable post it. I'll check it out.

As I live In Australia it's a lot harder to buy things over here. Ebay is probably best if buying overseas. But if you can find a shop which has the speaker cable post it. I'll check it out.

do you have a local hifi store ?. or basicly a store that sells audio related stuff ?

do you have a local hifi store ?. or basicly a store that sells audio related stuff ?

Either Jb-hi-fi or Harvey Norman. Both sell audio products. Not sure about how end their cables are though.

Either Jb-hi-fi or Harvey Norman. Both sell audio products. Not sure about how end their cables are though.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/support.aspx?post=1&results=10&source=all&bnSearch=Go!&q=speaker+cables&submit=Go

Find the right gauge and you should be good.

i dont know what gauge size there is on the system you are looking at but im sure if you call them they can tell you. but im guessing 14 -16G will fit

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/home%20theatre/tv-accessories/studio-acoustics-18g-speaker-cable-30-0-metres/667943

^ is probably someting i would use on my system

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/monster-30m-xp-speaker-cable.html

Go for "Monster" on the subwoofer signal cable.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/support.aspx?post=1&results=10&source=all&bnSearch=Go!&q=speaker+cables&submit=Go

Find the right gauge and you should be good.

i dont know what gauge size there is on the system you are looking at but im sure if you call them they can tell you. but im guessing 14 -16G will fit

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/home%20theatre/tv-accessories/studio-acoustics-18g-speaker-cable-30-0-metres/667943

^ is probably someting i would use on my system

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/monster-30m-xp-speaker-cable.html

Go for "Monster" on the subwoofer signal cable.

You're right, it's 16G. I'll get 30 meter of that plus a 3 meter QED subwoofer cable! Thanks again

You're right, it's 16G. I'll get 30 meter of that plus a 3 meter QED subwoofer cable! Thanks again

No porblem :)

No porblem :)

One question. It's not possible to connect my current speaker subwoofer is it?

edifier-s550-2.jpg

Mate, I have just been into the good guys today and saw the yamaha system and a few similar systems on display, I am sure they can let you hear it if you ask.  Best way to know you are getting something good for your money.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

One question. It's not possible to connect my current speaker subwoofer is it?

edifier-s550-2.jpg

sure just hook the cable into the aux in " the one on the top "

sure just hook the cable into the aux in " the one on the top "

Where would that plug into on the receiver? To use both at the same time. 

Where would that plug into on the receiver? To use both at the same time. 

as you can see on your reciever you have preout right. you have one on the top and one on the bottom. witch would align up to right and left.

usualy right is on top left on bottom. but just look at the outputs next to it. and hook it up acordingly to where the subwoofer is placed

Oh I understand, all I would have to do is plug another QED cable into the Edifier Subwoofer and then plug that into the other preout on the AV receiver. Thanks, so much! You have been a great help, you have probably helped too much.

t1vi.png

1247788250_Perf-mini-sub-close1_w450_h40

vaou.png

as you can see on your reciever you have preout right. you have one on the top and one on the bottom. witch would align up to right and left.

usualy right is on top left on bottom. but just look at the outputs next to it. and hook it up acordingly to where the subwoofer is placed

/\

|

|

no problem ill take my check in cash please hehehe

Haha, so what I pictured above is correct?

It should be yes

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

Mate, I have just been into the good guys today and saw the yamaha system and a few similar systems on display, I am sure they can let you hear it if you ask. Best way to know you are getting something good for your money.

Yep, each sub woofer should come with it's own power supply and level knob on the back. As said before, we probably can't give you much of an opinion, but Yamaha is a reputable brand and for 2k, it can't really suck.

don't bother with expensive cables, just find something cheap that's the right guage for your system.

http://www.audioholics.com/audio-video-cables/speaker-cable-gauge

I actually did a bit of reading on how a home theater system is connected the a PC System. Which is connected through Optical. And I was reading about how to actually compresses the audio to be able to feed it through SPDIF with technology decoders such as DTS Connect which has a higher bitrate and Dolby Digital and PCM through my Soundblaster Z soundcard. How much of a difference would this compress make to the quality of the sound and in saying that is it possible to have it uncompressed?

Thanks!

I actually did a bit of reading on how a home theater system is connected the a PC System. Which is connected through Optical. And I was reading about how to actually compresses the audio to be able to feed it through SPDIF with technology decoders such as DTS Connect which has a higher bitrate and Dolby Digital and PCM through my Soundblaster Z soundcard. How much of a difference would this compress make to the quality of the sound and in saying that is it possible to have it uncompressed?

Thanks!

None. Unless you have 7 outputs it wont matter. Ive never used optical fiber so i cant talk pf experience. I always use eighter red and white or a normal aux .

Thanks!

If you're worried about multichannel compression, you'd be best off setting your system up for HDMI instead of wasting money on a soundcard.