RED Weapon Unboxing

me here with a 3.2 mp potato camera on my phone.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

That was extremely entertaining to watch, thanks :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So much money...  It inspires me to create a 4x4 1080p monitor array and purchase gigabytes of bandwidth xD

lol nope

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Finally an enjoyable video from Linus in the last 2 years.

Also Linus, I think you're regretting hiring Brandon now.

hehehe

2 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Damn... you've been watching for 2 years without enjoying ANY of the content? Now THAT'S commitment xD 

I think this video has been the most entertaining in the past few years though...It's fun to see Linus rage at something.

Though has anyone managed to drop the camera yet?

This is the only video so far there I actually went holy shit.
At least its future proof?

Also video to see assembly / Brandon gushing about it?

Can someone explain to me why though? 

I get almost every movie on earth is shot on RED cameras, I get that it is 8K but soon cannon, sony etc will have 8K sensors right. 

I honestly can not tell the difference in sharpness at 4K between his videos from last year and this year. 

What is the value of you spending $200k on a RED camera? 

7 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I think this video has been the most entertaining in the past few years though...It's fun to see Linus rage at something.

Though has anyone managed to drop the camera yet?

I'd say Scrapyard Wars is definitely the most entertaining in the last few years - but this was definitely fun, I'll give you that.

No I think everyone is being pretty darn careful with it so far lol :P 

Probably the worst video I have seen out of LTT.  I find most of the videos to be entertaining and/or educational.

My response was not holy shit to the cost of the camera.  My response was holy shit to Linus's rage.

He keeps saying "they make you buy" or "you have to buy." I am not Canadian, but as far as I know, the Canadian government hasn't instituted a law that requires youtubers to buy such absurd cameras.

Also, quit raging when you make a horrible purchase of a base expander without audio support.  Do some research first like the rest of us.

If it's not enough that they have their fist up your ass.

Linus 2017

And oh the irony that probably 90% of people are watching LMG content on 4" 1080 screens.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

6 minutes ago, a smelly oaf said:

I am not Canadian, but as far as I know, the Canadian government hasn't instituted a law that requires youtubers to buy such absurd cameras.

Law #201: Canadian citizenz must not buy a camera and rage upon paying $ 50 000 and record it in on YouTube

rip

8 minutes ago, a smelly oaf said:

Also, quit raging when you make a horrible purchase of a base expander without audio support.  Do some research first like the rest of us.

It is called entertainment, Linus makes video for entertainment.  Do some research before making this absurd comment lol

rip

59 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy RED cameras & accessories: http://geni.us/iKUzO

Buy cheaper cameras on Amazon: http://geni.us/TABP

We just spent an astronomical amount of money on some RED cameras. Watch Linus flip out as he figures out just how much they actually cost...

is the next step to buy an IQ3 from Phase one to improve thumbnail quality?

This is no different then buying a high end bike... like, super high end bike. The kind where frames are 5k to 10K a pop. When you are spending that kind of cash the manufacturers are fully expecting you have specific components in mind you will be using and don't want to package your uber new bike together with shit you'll never use.

I thought you guys had the cameras for a while now? Brendan complained about some issues on Twitter a while ago.

i missed the actual total.... the numbers were too many , too fast, tooo  Furiously said

BTW the ad spots are way softer than the actual video

11 minutes ago, righteousbae said:

is the next step to buy an IQ3 from Phase one to improve thumbnail quality?

To be honest I see more value in a photographer having an IQ3 where that level of detail can be useful imo than a RED camera that can shoot 8K

Just now, The Falcon said:

To be honest I see more value in a photographer having an IQ3 where that level of detail can be useful imo than a RED camera that can shoot 8K

They both have their benefits: a PO back can recover several stops of light and color in post; even their starter back the IQ1 40 (which I got to demo some time ago) can recover in almost impossible scenarios, and thats on a god damn ccd sensor. 

But RED takes that farther with RED Raw, which can almost re-shoot a scene with how much data is captured. 

But imo Id rather have the phase one, especially when there's rumors they'll start shooting video in the next line :0

Kind of a dumb question, but why the switch from 4K to 8K, and what is so special about this camera ?

A indept look at the technology of this camera that shoots pretty much all of the movies today would be nice.

Also, i hope linus recovered after the video, that was an "aneurysm level" of hypertension if I ever saw one !

Actually at 138K you are in the SCCA GT1 territory, and for a GOOD one that is before turning a lap.

That's why most racers will not total up how much they have spent.. they don't want to know how bad the damage is.