minecraft Fps R7 260x

aidenrelkoff

how many frames would i get with a R7 260x in minecraft? i know cpu's dont really matter for gaming, but i have a i5 quad core. the R7 260x gets 46 fps in bf3 on 1080p ultra settings, so im thinking like 160+ fps in mc (max setting btw).

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

how many frames would i get with a R7 260x in minecraft? i know cpu's dont really matter for gaming, but i have a i5 quad core. the R7 260x gets 46 fps in bf3 on 1080p ultra settings, so im thinking like 160+ fps in mc (max setting btw).

you shouldn't be concerned unless you're shader mods and what not

its above 60 assuming u have a decent CPU. do u really need to know anything else? its not like u have a 120Hz display

all of them

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

You are one of those people... <_<

Who buys "GPUs"

I use a GTX 650 because minecraft is pretty much the only game I play, on the new 1.7.2 I get around 60fps...  :|  and I have an i7 3820...

I use a GTX 650 because minecraft is pretty much the only game I play, on the new 1.7.2 I get around 60fps...  :|  and I have an i7 3820...

VSync?

If you're thinking 160+ why are you concerned? You will have absolutely no trouble running the game. 

well my laptop gets 50-75 fps on medium settings, its a samsung 300e. the specs for it are:

CPU: Pentium 2.2 ghz dual core

ram: 8gb

GPU: Intel internal crap (1556 mbs ram, 980mhz)

hdd: 500gb

Windows: 8 (64 bit)

so im not sure if i will get more then 100+ because i have 1556mb gpu atm, and the 260x is only 2 gbs, but then again for my tower i have the i5 cpu, so im really not sure, lol.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

my friend has basicly the same cpu as me, but has a gpu with 512 more mbs of ram and he gets like 50-60 fps MORE on MAX settings then me on medium settings so a gpu does matter, but a good cpu is also needed.

I use an i5-3570k (not overclocked) and an GTX 650ti 1GB(also not overclocked). I typically use a 64x64 faithful resource pack along with Optifine set to its highest settings (except for the render distance, which I have at far or a little above, but anything a more and the FPS will drop.) My monitor's refresh rate is set to 60hz, which is its maximum. In game I use V-sync and I get a very steady 60fps. With Optifine set to "max fps" I can get 75 to 105 fps with the previously mentioned resourcepack and render distance. 

That's all fine and dandy, until you toss a decent shaderpack in. It is really hard to get over 40fps (usually only 30fps and below) and still have a reasonable render distance. To get Optifine and Forge to work together Optifine had to be loaded from the mods folder and that broke a couple features in Optifine. The anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering both do not work, so there is possibly a performance difference because of that. 

Just as a side-note, I have 5gb of RAM allocated to Minecraft. The default is 1gb, I believe.  

I've found that I can't load a resource pack that's over 256x256 (Running a 256x256 resource pack is very laggy, by-the-way.) due to there not being enough RAM on my GPU.

That's how it is with my GPU and CPU. I hope it helps someone.

my friend has basicly the same cpu as me, but has a gpu with 512 more mbs of ram and he gets like 50-60 fps MORE on MAX settings then me on medium settings so a gpu does matter, but a good cpu is also needed.

there's no way minecraft uses more than half a gig of vram

• 2 years later...

I'm playing Minecraft with a 5 year old HD 4870 and getting 60+ frames a second on a core 2 duo E8400 @ 3.4Ghz.

On what graphical settings??

I can also get 60+ fps on most games with my laptop.

The differences in settings makes a huge difference though, from very low to ultra in certain games can make you lose 30+ fps.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Cpus matter a lot more than you think.

You should easily be able to get 80+ - 100+ fps on max settings which is enough for a 60hz monitor.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Depends on whether you suffer from the extremely poor AMD openGL driver bug or not. I know its present on the Fury and on the 7970 but I don't know if it applies to the 260X. But if you do suffer from the bug then <30 fps unless you seriously cut back the graphics settings and then you can hope for 30-60 until the game starts to suffer due to your changing of the environment and fancy house. Otherwise it'll be in the hundreds of FPS, all depends on that long standing openGL performance bug. I haven't yet worked out what causes it and I haven't yet found anyone else with a workaround.