Sex Robots Can Hold Conversations and Learn

N3v3r3nding_N3wb
29 minutes ago, ChineseChef said:

I agree there will be massive social ramifications for "human replacement" AI/robots.  (not as good as people, but good enough that people buy them to supplement what they aren't getting).    That said, if we have robots/AI good enough that people are using them as human replacements, I am pretty sure they should be good enough to help take care of the elderly in a day to day sense.  The risk here is extreme isolation from human contact, which I am not sure how to get around for those who chose to just exclude themselves.

We still haven't figured out the walking thing for robots. There are actually tons of very complex calculations that go into walking for humans. So, just because they're decent--ish at sex, doesn't mean they'll be good home care robots. You'd have to have multiple different robots, and then cost becomes prohibitive, and there are more and more problems.

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Just now, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

We still haven't figured out the walking thing for robots. There are actually tons of very complex calculations that go into walking for humans. So, just because they're decent--ish at sex, doesn't mean they'll be good home care robots. You'd have to have multiple different robots, and then cost becomes prohibitive, and there are more and more problems.

If we are just talking about sex robots, that can't do anything else, I don't think those will be a problem at all.  Even if they can "hold a conversation", they won't be mainstream until the can do a lot more.  It just won't be worth it for enough people to be more than a fancy sex doll of today.

The issues will come in once the robots are good enough to do all the stuff people in this thread are talking about.  When the robot can be a sex bot, but also cook food, clean the house, move around like a normal enough person, hold a conversation.  That is when we will start to have problems, when the robot can truly replace another human being in your life.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2017 at 9:16 PM, ChineseChef said:

I am curious why it is harmful?  Most arguments stating its bad are based on the current economic model of the young working to support the old and their spending habits "supporting" the economy.  To me, this is lunacy incarnate.  Why do we want to keep growing the population when we are on the eve of replacing a huge percentage of our workforce with AI/robots?

I agree that overcrowding isn't really a problem.  But I wouldn't say we need more people.  If our entire economic model is based of constant population growth, at some point it will no longer be sustainable.  We need a different model, not based on birthing more workers to ever feed our debt based economy.

its bad for our species when the countries that have the most educated and useful people are the ones that are becoming minorities, its the excess of educated people that is the problem, there should always be a balance of genetics and education.

i lived in Africa for 10 years and i can tell you that it isn't pretty, there are so many children that even with 50+ students per class it isn't enough, because of that the education system is almost obliged to pass those children because if they don't the next year will have even bigger school shortages and the cycle continues until the 8-10 year of education, at that point they start to push them a bit harder, but by them its too late and the missing Bases make it so that they can't keep up well enough, the level of effort is null (example: Le me: Hey are you ready for the math test? Le friend: WHAT theres a test today? FUk), the education system has to lower the standards so much, i got a 20/20 in physics exam with little to no study, the English classes start at year 7 i believe but by grade 11 they still have huge issues, i was able to get a 19.5 on that one, (i forgot the name of a fucking African dance with a weird name), plus most of the tests after grade 10 are those where you have 4 possible responses and only one of them is correct. Even with such a test they would still manage to get 0/20, 2.5/20 (on math in this case).

Sorry for the rant.

19 hours ago, cj09beira said:

-snip-

I understand your argument, that essentially the worst areas for education and generic services are breeding the most.  There are many reasons this happens, and I am not trying to blame them for their problems.  One of those vicious cycles kind of situations, where the worse it is the worse it makes itself.  The main problem I see is that up until recently, the poor uneducated countries could always offer cheap labor to the rich countries.  But soon enough, they won't be able to offer that.  Then they will run in to the problem that the only value in their country is the natural resources.  Because their intellect will be undeveloped due to poverty, they won't have anything "meaningful" (at least to the corporations) to offer as a society.  And it won't be worth the effort of teaching them about modern stuff.  So the rich educated countries will simply leave them behind or ignore/forget about them entirely.

Best case, those poor countries get humanitarian aid, or charity efforts to help them.  Worst case, the corporations just quietly wipe them out while taking the resources from their country, likely by just buying the resources from a local warlord.  This is already pretty common, and the advent of AI/robotic workers will make life harder for the average person in the rich countries.  This in turn will make the average citizen care a lot less about what is happening to "insert a country they can't find on a map".

A lot of people think the AI revolution is going to bring about some utopia, I think it is going to be more like Elysium/Judge Dredd.

50 minutes ago, ChineseChef said:

I understand your argument, that essentially the worst areas for education and generic services are breeding the most.  There are many reasons this happens, and I am not trying to blame them for their problems.  One of those vicious cycles kind of situations, where the worse it is the worse it makes itself.  The main problem I see is that up until recently, the poor uneducated countries could always offer cheap labor to the rich countries.  But soon enough, they won't be able to offer that.  Then they will run in to the problem that the only value in their country is the natural resources.  Because their intellect will be undeveloped due to poverty, they won't have anything "meaningful" (at least to the corporations) to offer as a society.  And it won't be worth the effort of teaching them about modern stuff.  So the rich educated countries will simply leave them behind or ignore/forget about them entirely.

Best case, those poor countries get humanitarian aid, or charity efforts to help them.  Worst case, the corporations just quietly wipe them out while taking the resources from their country, likely by just buying the resources from a local warlord.  This is already pretty common, and the advent of AI/robotic workers will make life harder for the average person in the rich countries.  This in turn will make the average citizen care a lot less about what is happening to "insert a country they can't find on a map".

A lot of people think the AI revolution is going to bring about some utopia, I think it is going to be more like Elysium/Judge Dredd.

Help only leads to corruption unless its not handled by the governments, the countries in Africa that are doing the best are those with little natural resources as South Africa is going the same path as Zimbabwe (take things from whites to blacks and destroy the economy) Angola has really high corruption and a crisis, Mozambique is in a civil war that is unofficial.

And most problems are:Bad government 

You touched an even bigger problem with that: Help 

the Eu used to pay for fucking 50% of Mozambique's yearly budget, and what this morons do with that much money? they make it disappear. and now they are on a crisis with no money to even pay the employees, because the Eu found out (and some how the presidents daughter is the 2nd most rich women in Africa :-| )

The spending: they built a bridge from the capital to a beach at the south where all the rich guys play at, they improve the biggest airport they have, and burn the rest with 2017 Hiluxs for most government officials, they buy war boats (the  ones in bf4 that have missiles and shit) and leave them rusting on the Harbor they buy  armored vehicles to harass the 2 biggest party and start a war, they made a law saying that retired presidents have the right to a private airplane and payed vacations to the Bahamas, while the people need roads in some of the more country areas to export their products ( i think its pineapples in that area) the 2nd biggest city needed a new pavement in most of the city, and money to protect them from the sea (they melted down the ships that were protecting it :-| ).

In my "home town" Beira ( 2nd largest city in Mozambique) we see the government taking all the business they can to the capital, but still the city was growing strong in the last few years before the war, the war is mostly on the country side though but limits the travel routes between the cities, we had luck on our side and the child of one of the good Couples in the government (both of them killed by the government a long time ago) rouse to power as the city's principal he done much in the years he has been there, he made roads in the suburbs was able to find funding for new pavement for most of the city, cleaned it up, all around great guy, made his own party and where they win the county improves, in the last election even with the cheating they almost won the capital  and won 4 other counties, the government has tried to kill him during a speech but the people protected him (some got shot).

The War,  it started because the government attacked Renamo's main compound (The 2nd biggest political party) but they were given a heads up by someone and were able to escape

and since then it hasn't stopd my poor teenagers have lost their lives to this stupid war as the government has went to my city and kidnapped them to go to war, they only stopped because  my city has strong people and they blocked the city with burning tires on the roads and made a manifestation ( it was reported it as fake news :-| ) the main consequence for the normal john Doe was that investment stopped and led to a huge lack of money in the market, in two years the price of things doubled while the earnings of most people didn't increase much.

sorry for the ramble V2

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

-snip-

Yah, foreign aid is not always what people think it is.  A lot of foreign aid is simply credits that the countries can use to buy weapons from the giving nation.  Or it is pretty much bribe money for the governments.  While there is a lot of good done, there is much more harm caused.