Broken laptop please help

Dell Inspiron 15 7559

My laptop has died on me there is no indicator light when my battery is plugged in. But when the battery has been removed the ligh is on with the ac jack. I cannot get anything working no keyboard backlighting or power button light and the screen doesn't work. I do not hear mechanical whirring from the hard drive or fans spinning. I have tried the unplugging the a/c jack and battery, and holding down the power button for over a minute. Nothing still works, I also left the unit plugged in with no power being put through over night.

The thread was moved to the Troubleshooting section

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 hours ago, lilbman said:

The battery is probably broken. 

If you're under warranty, I believe they can send you a battery free of charge.

EDIT-Found a battery.http://www.battdepot.com/us/model/notebook+battery/dell/inspiron+15+7559/lde307.aspx

But if it is a bad battery wouldn't the system still work worth the a/c jack plugged in and a disconnected battery?

13 minutes ago, Brinvasion said:

But if it is a bad battery wouldn't the system still work worth the a/c jack plugged in and a disconnected battery?

Depends if your power adapter can provide enough power to boot the laptop itself or if the laptop takes its power from the powercord over the battery. I've seen a laptop before that the power brick that came with it was only good to charge the battery and couldn't power on the laptop by itself. Even more so if this is a "gaming grade" laptop.

But, I would suggest going through Dell's warranty service if your laptop is still under warranty.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/warranty

Or at least communicate with their support staff to know what you're seeing means as they are more qualified to handle their own products. Who knows, they could send you a battery free of charge. (doubt it, but you don't lose much by trying you luck)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

54 minutes ago, Brinvasion said:

Not necessarily.  The battery is sometimes the only way power can reach the system from the a/c jack.  It acts as the middle man, and if the middle man doesn't work, none of it works.