New PC need wifi

Onepoundlion

Hi, guys, I'm currently building a new PC in my new home, but the problem is my room's landline ethernet connection is wrecked, so I need to add something for my rig to receive wifi signals, but I'm not sure what knida product do I need to choose? Do I buy something like a wireless adapter, such as ASUS's https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320074&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=wireless_card-_-33-320-074-_-Product

Or something as simple as this

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166055&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=wireless_card-_-33-166-055-_-Product

Please help, this is the last puzzle I need

Just now, Onepoundlion said:

Hi, guys, I'm currently building a new PC in my new home, but the problem is my room's landline ethernet connection is wrecked, so I need to add something for my rig to receive wifi signals, but I'm not sure what knida product do I need to choose? Do I buy something like a wireless adapter, such as ASUS's https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320074&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=wireless_card-_-33-320-074-_-Product

Or something as simple as this

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166055&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=wireless_card-_-33-166-055-_-Product

Please help, this is the last puzzle I need

Get a PCI-E wifi card, like the one you posted. They have good speeds, and don't overheat like the USB ones. Also btw, I'd recommend a TP-Link wifi card, they make great stuff.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

the USB device will work if it's not super critical to have low latency or high bandwidth.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I would suggest using the PCIE wifi adapter cause it's faster but if you need to use a USB for some reason at least get usb 3.0 or 3.1

I'd take the dongle over the adapter.

Adapter seems to have WPS, which is insecure. Dunno if you can disable it.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 minute ago, Onepoundlion said:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704129&ignorebbr=1

is this one ok?

The landline is exposed and copper wires are coming out of the rubber tube

If your access to the internet is cut off due to a faulty external reason, why do you think that getting WIFI will help you at all? you still need some kind of internet to connect to (usually a router/modem connected to your internet source, such as your landline, satellite,  wireless gear, or whatever it is your house has). And for what its worth damaged wires can usually be pretty easily replaced. do you know what kind of wire it is?

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

If your access to the internet is cut off due to a faulty external reason, why do you think that getting WIFI will help you at all? you still need some kind of internet to connect to (usually a router/modem connected to your internet source, such as your landline, satellite,  wireless gear, or whatever it is your house has). And for what its worth damaged wires can usually be pretty easily replaced. do you know what kind of wire it is?

I mean that my home have perfect good wifi but it's just the landline connection in my room is broken so I can't connect my pc to the internet just b using the ethernet cable, and my landlord is not so cool if I sent some one to replace the landline.

I would say get a PCI express one. Also try to match the standard of your router for the best results. I notice your linking single band Wireless N adapters. If thats what your router supports then get one. However, if your router supports 5Ghz and your close enough to the router, Id get a dual band card. 5Ghz tends to have less stuff that will interfere with it and offers faster speeds. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.