Asrock X370 Taichi Availability

Anyone know of a store (brick-and-mortar or online) in the US that actually has Asrock X370 Taichi boards (not auction)?  Seems like everyone local and many online shops are out.  Either they're having trouble keeping them in stock because of popularity or Asrock isn't shipping enough to keep up demand I guess.

5 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Anyone know of a store (brick-and-mortar or online) in the US that actually has Asrock X370 Taichi boards (not auction)?  Seems like everyone local and many online shops are out.  Either they're having trouble keeping them in stock because of popularity or Asrock isn't shipping enough to keep up demand I guess.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/476367/X370_Taichi_AM4_ATX_AMD_Motherboard 

Only 5 if u live there 

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Your best bet is probably Microcenter like someone mentioned above, their normally pretty good about stock. Or backorder it through Newegg. I did that on mine right after the 7 series released, planning on getting the 1600X. It still only arrived a week or so before the 5 series released so good luck :)

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

2 hours ago, Ginger137 said:

Your best bet is probably Microcenter like someone mentioned above, their normally pretty good about stock. Or backorder it through Newegg. I did that on mine right after the 7 series released, planning on getting the 1600X. It still only arrived a week or so before the 5 series released so good luck :)

I don't seem to have an option to order it ahead of Newegg receiving stock...I've opted in for notifications if Amazon or Newegg gets stock.  I'll check out Microcenter and see how bad the shipping will be.

18 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

I don't seem to have an option to order it ahead of Newegg receiving stock...I've opted in for notifications if Amazon or Newegg gets stock.  I'll check out Microcenter and see how bad the shipping will be.

Now that I think about it your right, Newegg opens up back order once they know how many they are getting in and when. I just checked once a day or so after the 7 series release until I saw they had back order open. Even after that it was a month before it shipped though.

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

https://jet.com/product/ASRock-Z270-TAICHI-LGA-1151-Intel-Z270-HDMI-SATA-6Gbs-USB-31-USB-30-ATX-Motherbo/029d1715fb4141fea01028519293b397

In Stock, little pricier than other sites but if your a first time customer and apply all the discounts you can probably get it cheaper than anywhere else

On 5/1/2017 at 7:49 AM, Ginger137 said:

https://jet.com/product/ASRock-Z270-TAICHI-LGA-1151-Intel-Z270-HDMI-SATA-6Gbs-USB-31-USB-30-ATX-Motherbo/029d1715fb4141fea01028519293b397

In Stock, little pricier than other sites but if your a first time customer and apply all the discounts you can probably get it cheaper than anywhere else

The Z270 board's in stock in a lot of places.  I'm looking for the X370 board though for Ryzen.

Microcenter sold out before I could get them, and Newegg has them back in stock, but only as a combo with XFR-enabled CPUs.

Amazon occasionally has one...but it's always a scalper selling at 25 - 100% markup from the USD $210 retail price.

4 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Microcenter sold out before I could get them, and Newegg has them back in stock, but only as a combo with XFR-enabled CPUs.

Amazon occasionally has one...but it's always a scalper selling at 25 - 100% markup from the USD $210 retail price.

Try and ship it form canada. It is always in stock there. 

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

5 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

The Z270 board's in stock in a lot of places.  I'm looking for the X370 board though for Ryzen.

Oops, missed that I guess. Here: the only place google finds that has it in stock, thats not a insane price markup anyway

https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=MB-X370TAC&c=fr&hash=ffa60K3%2BA3nelne9OIpu4Pyg3yQ0ZOqtMiivchDzdD6PkvuulRX8YGfOhjEZfQaIQCpySNfVhx6GqqDWP12GrMKngGghvZF%2BOtuSb7%2BiXdncelI%2B%2Fgtd1edH8qUB2w&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6LXIBRCUqIjXmdKBxZUBEiQA_f50PrMAXaJXqAIxt6F049UK5o76CyVej9NvM4gs_4UKWTAaAq6r8P8HAQ

14 hours ago, Ginger137 said:

Hey, thank you very much.  I was able to get a X370 taichi board from SuperBiiz.

Going with the 1700 and use the stock Wraith cooler to start.  From what I understand I can still get a moderate OC out of it with a stock cooler.  I'll save the $150 AIO or high end air cooler for later.

7 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Hey, thank you very much.  I was able to get a X370 taichi board from SuperBiiz.

You still sort of got screwed by price markups. Asrock lists it at an msrp of like 180, or something close to that if I remember right. Anyway that's what i got mine for when I backordered from Newegg, plus 30 off in a mail in rebate. 

1 minute ago, Ginger137 said:

You still sort of got screwed by price markups. Asrock lists it at an msrp of like 180, or something close to that if I remember right. Anyway that's what i got mine for when I backordered from Newegg, plus 30 off in a mail in rebate. 

Actually it works pretty well.  MSRP last time I checked was $209.99.  Newegg was offering $10 off and a $10 MIR, but was showing out of stock still on just standalone boards.  MIR was Newegg-exclusive I think, so I'm out $9 in discounts I guess.

43 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Actually it works pretty well.  MSRP last time I checked was $209.99.  Newegg was offering $10 off and a $10 MIR, but was showing out of stock still on just standalone boards.  MIR was Newegg-exclusive I think, so I'm out $9 in discounts I guess.

Asrock must of raised the prices then. I just double checked and I paid 185 for mine.

I can't believe how low stock has been too. It's not like ryzen just came out last month

Bah.  The order just sits in 'processing' and the Superbiiz site has updated the item to Out of Stock like everyone else.  However, the fact that I was able to order it at the time implies they had stock...guess I'll call them.

At least they're humorous about it:

---------------

If an item is out of stock and we do not have an estimated time of arrival from the distributor or manufacturer, the product will display an "Out of Stock" message and you will be unable to order the product from our Website. At that time it is generally acceptable to cry out in lamentation and/or shake your fist at the screen menacingly.

-----------------------