Short and sweet: What do you think of high quality image at lower framerates WITH Gsync?

Misanthrope

Topic is fairly self explanatory: What do you think of 40 to 50 FPS on a 4k monitor with Gsync?

-------

Current Rig

-------

For me G sync dramatically improves the playability of 45ish fps content making it feel a lot closer to 60FPS. 

With that said, I'm not much of a sharpness nerd and I'll take 100Hz Gsync ultra wide or 144hz 1440p over 4K gsync all other things being equal.

high res looks nicer, but i'm a framerate freak and prefer 165Hz+ 1080p over 4K. I would be really cpu-heavy or even cpu-bound at 1080p though, unlike 4K which is more GPU heavy

idk

im that person you know that complains that 100fps on minecraft feels very laggy, and that i need 250+

why'd you think i have a i7? gaming machine? nope! minecraft machine.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The sad part is that 1440p Gsync screens available locally are more expensive than the 4k G-sync option. Though since I bought kind of an expensive AC unit today I might give it one or two months and see what else becomes viable to get.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ever since I got my 75Hz freesync monitor anything below 48fps (which is its min freesync range, but hey it was cheap or something) just doesn't feel smooth to me anymore. I can see the choppiness and sometimes I'm racing and literally lose track of the environment. For me 50 is the minimum now, and it pains me to say it. Even on 30fps video on youtube I see the stutters and it sucks

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I prefer lower frame rate and higher visuals, 60fps makes me feel nauseous at times.

Fine to me, but my I've two astigmatisms in my eyes and can't really tell the differences between 40-120fps as long as the frame rate is smooth and consistent.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Gsync improves the experience in this fps regions alot. I rather have more tho. 1440p is still the way to go in my Eyes. I didnt regret the switch to Gsync one second.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I don't see a point in super high in game settings that tank frame rate and have no discernable difference, so bring on the fps

Edit: tearing also doesn't bother me

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

26 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

I don't see a point in super high in game settings that tank frame rate and have no discernable difference, so bring on the fps

Edit: tearing also doesn't bother me

Which I would argue this has been the case lately for a lot of games.

Though I would really wish we'd do something about pop-in at 20 feet. Nothing kills my mood more when I start seeing things materialize out of nowhere within (sometimes literally) spitting distance.

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Which I would argue this has been the case lately for a lot of games.

Though I would really wish we'd do something about pop-in at 20 feet. Nothing kills my mood more when I start seeing things materialize out of nowhere within (sometimes literally) spitting distance.

This still happens?  One of the things I would lolol at when my friend said "let's play xbox"

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

17 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Topic is fairly self explanatory: What do you think of 40 to 50 FPS on a 4k monitor with Gsync?

For me I prefer 1440p with 100hz to 4k with 50. I prefer 1440 at 60 to 1080 with 144hz.