[QUESTION]which is better xeon e5620 or intel q6600?

hey guys

in front of me this two processors

intel xeon e5620 2.4 ghz quad core and intel q6600 2.4 ghz quad core

i will use them most properly for gaming and some rendering but mostly for gaming so which will be better for me?

if u ask about ram will be 8-12 gb and same gpu (suggest one for AAA games)(N.P was gtx 970)

with ssd and hdd.

thanks in advance

Edited by Hassan EL-Bagouri
realize that it was bottlenick at hell

It will bottleneck like crazy though

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

It will bottleneck like crazy though

i know but i got everything and forgot to get a motherboard and processor and intel xeon will cost be a little bit more but i will be close to my budget and q6600 price too :D 

Firstly Q6600 does overclock to about 3.4GHz, but lacks hyperthreading. Xeon on the other hand does not overclock, but has hyperthreading. 

Personally I would not pick either of those for gaming. Clock speeds on both CPU-s are too low for modern AAA games. And Q6600 even at 3.4GHz is still old as mummy sh*t in today`s standards.

The Xeon is the better CPU. It is newer and has  4 cores 8 threads while the q6600 has only 4 cores. In addition to that the Xeon features a better architektures. But keep in mind that you will need a FCLGA1366 socket board for the Xeon while the Q6600 requires a LGA775 socket. 1366 mainboards are way more expensive then 775 ones. I would even consider a Ryzen 5 1400 if you can afford it. When you compare CPUs from different architektures you can't just compare the frequenzy, improvements in IPC and architekture can result in a higher clocked old CPU performing worse then a lower clocked new CPU. Make sure that you check that your ram features the right standard (DDR2, DDR3, DDR4).

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

23 minutes ago, DanielMiddletown said:

Firstly Q6600 does overclock to about 3.4GHz, but lacks hyperthreading. Xeon on the other hand does not overclock, but has hyperthreading. 

Personally I would not pick either of those for gaming. Clock speeds on both CPU-s are too low for modern AAA games. And Q6600 even at 3.4GHz is still old as mummy sh*t in today`s standards.

The Xeon is the better CPU. It is newer and has  4 cores 8 threads while the q6600 has only 4 cores. In addition to that the Xeon features a better architektures. But keep in mind that you will need a FCLGA1366 socket board for the Xeon while the Q6600 requires a LGA775 socket. 1366 mainboards are way more expensive then 775 ones. I would even consider a Ryzen 5 1400 if you can afford it. When you compare CPUs from different architektures you can't just compare the frequenzy, improvements in IPC and architekture can result in a higher clocked old CPU performing worse then a lower clocked new CPU. Make sure that you check that your ram features the right standard (DDR2, DDR3, DDR4).

i am not searching for today shitty specs i am making a low end gaming pc i will not buy gtx 970 since i need money so any other processors less shittier but not expensive the prices is quiet high in my country and it's hard to find new hardware so i will depend on the old use processors :D 

7 minutes ago, Hassan EL-Bagouri said:

i am not searching for today shitty specs i am making a low end gaming pc i will not buy gtx 970 since i need money so any other processors less shittier but not expensive the prices is quiet high in my country and it's hard to find new hardware so i will depend on the old use processors :D 

You say GPU will be 970 and then you say it won't? Can you get to a final decision regarding the GPU pls?

Just now, Artechz said:

You say GPU will be 970 and then you say it won't? Can you get to a final decision regarding the GPU pls?

since it will be extreme bottlenicking so i have to degrade a bit since i want to play AAA games

Just now, Hassan EL-Bagouri said:

since it will be extreme bottlenicking so i have to degrade a bit since i want to play AAA games

If you degrade it more you won't be able to play AAA games lol

1 minute ago, Artechz said:

If you degrade it more you won't be able to play AAA games lol

can u suggest at least a processor in same range that can run gtx 970 or a gpu good enough for AAA games

11 minutes ago, Hassan EL-Bagouri said:

can u suggest at least a processor in same range that can run gtx 970 or a gpu good enough for AAA games

http://amzn.to/2oYZdR6 imo

1 minute ago, Hassan EL-Bagouri said:

thx for the suggest but it is both out of budget and not available in the local market in my country xD 

I don't about your local market but in my country the one you propose (the xeon one) is 50 dollars more expensive than my suggestion lol

Just now, Artechz said:

I don't about your local market but in my country the one you propose (the xeon one) is 50 dollars more expensive than my suggestion lol

the xeon cost me like 30 dollars and i5-3450S will cost 100 minimum 

1 minute ago, Hassan EL-Bagouri said:

the xeon cost me like 30 dollars and i5-3450S will cost 100 minimum 

how does the xeon costs you 30 dollars? (the cheapest I found without shipping costs is 100)

2 minutes ago, Artechz said:

how does the xeon costs you 30 dollars?

old and used

and i will cost me to get it with 12 gb of ram and motherboard and case and psu for 100 dollars only xD

for your knowledge i wish to come to canada so i can buy components as i want to i can try every thing

7 minutes ago, Hassan EL-Bagouri said:

old and used

and i will cost me to get it with 12 gb of ram and motherboard and case and psu for 100 dollars only xD

for your knowledge i wish to come to canada so i can buy components as i want to i can try every thing

You will be perfectly fine with 8 GB RAM btw

8 minutes ago, Hassan EL-Bagouri said:

i wish to come to canada so i can buy components as i want to i can try every thing

Things here are more expensive you know that right? xD

1 minute ago, Artechz said:

Things here are more expensive you know that right? xD

i know but things are more available than here and new things there is no used for sell and most of time not available xD