Is Saints Row IV still worth getting for 20€?

VerticalDiscussions

Hey there guys. So i have been bored lately and i have been stuck playing either LoL, Alien Swarm or mobile games, and their repetitiveness and competitivity is killing my patience and will to play -.-!

I wanted a game that would be open world but at the same time that would make me laugh a lot, therefore i heard Saints Row IV is quite possibly the best option. Now i dont have an external GPU anymore, GTX 770 is broken, but i have seen videos of it running on Intel HD 4600 graphics at 40-60 fps at 720p and with some settings at medium.

It may be a cool game and i might just love for the meantime if i could get it, but at 20€ (same price on gog.com and Steam) and being 4 years old already, is it still worth considering for that price?

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Hey there guys. So i have been bored lately and i have been stuck playing either LoL, Alien Swarm or mobile games, and their repetitiveness and competitivity is killing my patience and will to play -.-!

I wanted a game that would be open world but at the same time that would make me laugh a lot, therefore i heard Saints Row IV is quite possibly the best option. Now i dont have an external GPU anymore, GTX 770 is broken, but i have seen videos of it running on Intel HD 4600 graphics at 40-60 fps at 720p and with some settings at medium.

It may be a cool game and i might just love for the meantime if i could get it, but at 20€ (same price on gog.com and Steam) and being 4 years old already, is it still worth considering for that price?

Maybe a morally bad thing to do, but check g2a, maybe cheaper prices. 

Delta R5 Build

CPU: AMD RYZEN 1600 Purchased

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS  Purchased

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000MHX (2X8GB) Purchased

CPU COOLER: DeepCool GAMMAXX 400 GT RGB Purchased

GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Aorus 6gb GTX 1060 Purchased

Case: NZXT S340 (White) Purchased

PSU: EVGA 550B3 Purchased

HDD: WD Blue 1TB  Purchased

SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB Purchased

Wifi Card: Asus PCE-N15 PCI-E 1X Purchased

--BUILD READY--

Saints row 3 was a lot better than 4 imo, maybe get that one..  its also a little cheaper

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Doughmay said:

-snip-

Gah, i have had a good purchase at G2A but a bad costumer service and i dont think i should retry there. I have checked Kinguin, which i suppose is just as popular and it is 8,63€ for the Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition Steam CD Key. You think it would be a good purchase for that price?

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

-snip-

Well thats interesting. I just checked Kinguin btw and both Saints Row III and IV are about 12€, where Saints Row IV alone is 20€ on Steam. Should i do it trough Kinguin?

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well thats interesting. I just checked Kinguin btw and both Saints Row III and IV are about 12€, where Saints Row IV alone is 20€ on Steam. Should i do it trough Kinguin?

Maybe? Ive never used kinguin. Just steer clear of G2A

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

-snip-

Exactly... i have used G2A in the past and they almost tried to scam my 1,60€ for their shield 30 day trial, without warning! PayPal took care of the issue xD.

Groomlake Authority

I saw Saints Row 3 and 4 on the PS3 for 10 euros in a store today..

This doesn't really add anything to your view on this subject, just saying what I have seen. I have never played the games.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Saints Row IV is currently 15 euros on Steam, and is quite often discounted to 3.75 euros or something like that. Maybe wait?

1 hour ago, -TesseracT- said:

-snip-

Already got it for 8€ on Kinguin :P.

Groomlake Authority

5 hours ago, -TesseracT- said:

Saints Row IV is currently 15 euros on Steam, and is quite often discounted to 3.75 euros or something like that. Maybe wait?

Pretty much this.

Got the franchise pack for 12$ USD IIRC.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti