Physical system to virtual (software)

Okay, im planing to reinstall windows BUT i would like to do few benchmarks ( to figure out "best uninstaller", "best system cleaner" and stuff like that )

so, to do that i need to have as many copies of the same system as i want, virtualisation would be perfect fit!!! so, which software should i use?

Ive tryed: Disk2VHD but i couldnt boot into it :( tryed to debug and looks like volume was locked or something like that

55 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why not just install it in the vm. Why do you need to clone it from metal. 

if i were to install it on vm - there would be no programs, it would be fresh, clean OS. Even if i were to install some programs - i would have to use them for quite a bit so they could generate their temp files and shit. long story short - too much work

1 hour ago, Mr.Cunt said:

if i were to install it on vm - there would be no programs, it would be fresh, clean OS. Even if i were to install some programs - i would have to use them for quite a bit so they could generate their temp files and shit. long story short - too much work

also for those questions above, the uninstaller doesn't matter performance wise, the program isn't running. 

For system cleaners, they won't make it any faster, only delete stuff, and not recommended by microsoft, and id stay away from them. Registry cleaners are mostly useless, and can screw stuff up

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

also for those questions above, the uninstaller doesn't matter performance wise, the program isn't running. 

For system cleaners, they won't make it any faster, only delete stuff, and not recommended by microsoft, and id stay away from them. Registry cleaners are mostly useless, and can screw stuff up

i agree with ur statements, BUT it does difference to disk space

Just now, Mr.Cunt said:

i agree with ur statements, BUT it does difference to disk space

why not just use something like space sniffer to see where the disk space is being used?

Extra programs and small temp files will use almsot no space on the disk.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

why not just use something like space sniffer to see where the disk space is being used?

Extra programs and small temp files will use almsot no space on the disk.

STOP RUINING MY FUN!!! i just wanna geek out, thats it. am i asking too much?

50 minutes ago, Mr.Cunt said:

Give me a sec. I'm gonna try this on my system. I have a system that's dual booting windows and Linux and I think I can dd the windows drive to a image and boot from it. 

7 hours ago, Mr.Cunt said:

So I just tried this with kvm on Linux. If I make a image of the hdd using dd and see the vm to use that image and use uefi boot it works just fine.