Hackers Leak Orange is the new black Season 5 with more to come.

Chiders

The hacking group 'thedarkoverlord' (-Twitter) Has hacked into a LA ADR company and released the new season of OITNB (Orange Is The New Black).

They have spoken to torrent freak about this and claim to have large amounts of unreleased content from both film and television.

thedarkoverlord was in talks with Larson Studios in an attempt to hold the content they had stolen ransom for the price of 50 Bitcoins (~£51,819.00) 

“...After we had a copy of their data safely in our possession, we asked that we be paid a small fee in exchange for non-disclosure. We approached them on the Eve of their Christmas,” a member of the group previously told us over an encrypted channel..."

Larson Studios signed the contract agreeing to this however failed to pay the requested 50 Bitcoins 

“...A late fee was levied and they still didn’t hold up their end of the agreement,” TDO says...."

It looks like thedarkoverloard means serious business about the content they are holding as leverage and it is possible we may see more leaks in the near future....

From thedarkoverlords twitter;

"Who is next on the list? FOX, IFC, NAT GEO, and ABC. Oh, what fun we're all going to have. We're not playing any games anymore."

The stolen content is not complete to broadcast quality and will contain audio errors, missing ADR and audio levels before they are properly mixed. The Video quality will also be missing its final touches such as colour grade.

Original article;

https://torrentfreak.com/hackers-leak-netflixs-orange-is-the-new-black-season-5-premiere-170429/

6 minutes ago, Chiders said:

It is of not that although the content stolen is of high quality it is not complete and contains errors in audio and no colour grading of the image.

what? is this sentence weird or is my english just not good enough to understand it?

1 minute ago, tlink said:

what? is this sentence weird or is my english just not good enough to understand it?

Nope that's me being dyslexic....and some bad English on my part let met edit it...

It won't be very long until these guys end up in prison, hacking groups like these always get caught eventually.

Personally I wouldn't spoil a show I watched by watching a non finished edit of it, just like I won't spoil a movie by watching a non HD version of it. I'm patient enough to wait until I can enjoy something, with TV shows I do usually pirate them (sue me, everyone does it) but with movies and games I always buy.

The thing with TV shows is 1) They're free to watch on TV anyway and 2) Its dumb how America is always one season ahead of the ROW. If you want to avoid spoilers you pretty much have to watch the US versions. That said networks are actually getting better with #2 these days, most shows are now only a few weeks behind but that still doesn't help with spoilers.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

18 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

It won't be very long until these guys end up in prison, hacking groups like these always get caught eventually.

Personally I wouldn't spoil a show I watched by watching a non finished edit of it, just like I won't spoil a movie by watching a non HD version of it. I'm patient enough to wait until I can enjoy something, with TV shows I do usually pirate them (sue me, everyone does it) but with movies and games I always buy.

The thing with TV shows is 1) They're free to watch on TV anyway and 2) Its dumb how America is always one season ahead of the ROW. If you want to avoid spoilers you pretty much have to watch the US versions. That said networks are actually getting better with #2 these days, most shows are now only a few weeks behind but that still doesn't help with spoilers.

3$ / 45 mins or so per episode on things like iTunes doesn't help either. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Is this really tech news?

Of all the things you could steal, they stole some TV show I dont care for. Where are the north korean missile plans or diplomatic communication leaks? no rep for thedarkoverlord in this. Did a child come up with that l33t name?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

8 hours ago, Froody129 said:

I feel like all these hacker group's names were chosen by 5 year olds...

thats who is hacking, people who think they are hacking but in reality are using an exploit that others prob have found and using it to their advantage

it's childs play to a normal hacker (fun fact: i use to work as a white hacker for google about a year ago, i left because it was only a temp job)

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

Let me download this broken, poorly color graded version of the show now! Oh wait, no I wont.

It didn't look bad at all actually. It even had the 4K Master Intro on it. The color and stuff was fine. The downside was only that it wasn't 5.1 audio.

Either way... I do wonder how they got them.

5 hours ago, alphaproject said:

It didn't look bad at all actually. It even had the 4K Master Intro on it. The color and stuff was fine. The downside was only that it wasn't 5.1 audio.

Better change the password on your luggage. 

6 hours ago, alphaproject said:

How did you find the leak download/stream? Lol.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Meh, that show sucked after season 2 anyways. I'm looking forward to House of Cards.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Well, this group will probably be shut down fairly soon...  Extremely stupid move on their part as it just puts them in the cross hairs for Law Enforcement and industry to go after for damages.  Unfortunately, all this does is create more harm than good for digital distribution of media as it reinforces the industry demands to have everything as content locked DRM.  

So, my take on this is that I side with the Studio, and I think they should actively IGNORE any "ransom" requests.

Why? Because the moment it hits air and/or hits Netflix, it's gonna get ripped anyway. Anyone who was going to watch it live or via Netflix before, is still going to do it now.

Only a very small amount of people are going to even bother with this torrent, compared to those who torrent anyway. And there will be a negligible amount of people who will torrent this instead of watching it via Netflix.

Seriously, tell the hacker group to fuck right off.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 4/30/2017 at 8:01 AM, KuJoe said:

5 years old have better things to do with their time.

Like trying to crowdfund a new season of firefly?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

9 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Like trying to crowdfund a new season of firefly?

No, that would be 35 year olds, not 5 year olds ;)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thread cleaned.

While the topic at hand is perfectly fine, posting links to the files (torrents or other) isn't permitted as per the Community Standards;

Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

No, that would be 35 year olds, not 5 year olds ;)

That's all part of the lulz, they don't know firefly and they don't have money.

and regardless of age it's something better than getting Orange is the New Black early.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

They sound more like script kiddies.

thats what i meant, i just forgot the common name they have

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!