Just now, Riles4365 said:

yeah, would it be better to buy Bitdefender total security 2017 because it incorporates everything? or just stay with cheaper malwarebytes for my whole computer??

you can run both at the same time. Bitdefender will only throw a fit if you have multiple antivirus applications running (And it'll bog down your computer)

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

you can run both at the same time. Bitdefender will only throw a fit if you have multiple antivirus applications running (And it'll bog down your computer)

no i mean, I get rid of everything else and just have bitdefender total security which as everything?

5 minutes ago, LyyK said:

Obligatory: Common sense is the best antivirus rawr rawr

Because it is. No need to have some piece of shit ''''guarding'''' your system 24/7 when you can just run uBlock/NoScript and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and scan every week with something.

idk

1 minute ago, Riles4365 said:

yeah, would it be better to buy Bitdefender total security 2017 because it incorporates everything? or just stay with cheaper malwarebytes for my whole computer??

Personally, I run a manual Malwarebytes system scan once every few months. If you're dead-set on getting a paid antivirus program then, yes, Bitdefender is a reputable option (AFAIK).

[ Intel i7-6700K ][ Asus TUF Sabertooth Mk1 Z170 ][ Gigabyte GTX 780ti ][ 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz G.Skill Trident Z ][ Corsair Obsidian 900D ]

[ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80+ PLATINUM ][ 1x512GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 (OS) ][ 3x512GB Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0 ][ 1x5TB WD Black ]

Just now, Riles4365 said:

no i mean, I get rid of everything else and just have bitdefender total security which as everything?

Yes, though you can disable Malwarebytes on startup and make it so you never see it, it's just there as a last resort.

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, LyyK said:

Personally, I run a manual Malwarebytes system scan once every few months. If you're dead-set on getting a paid antivirus program then, yes, Bitdefender is a reputable option (AFAIK).

i thnk I might just go malwarebytes premium because its a good pr4ice and does a lot

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Yes, though you can disable Malwarebytes on startup and make it so you never see it, it's just there as a last resort.

cool

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Because it is. No need to have some piece of shit ''''guarding'''' your system 24/7 when you can just run uBlock/NoScript and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and scan every week with something.

Your adblocker is essentially your first line of defense. Takes care of more than some might expect.

[ Intel i7-6700K ][ Asus TUF Sabertooth Mk1 Z170 ][ Gigabyte GTX 780ti ][ 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz G.Skill Trident Z ][ Corsair Obsidian 900D ]

[ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80+ PLATINUM ][ 1x512GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 (OS) ][ 3x512GB Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0 ][ 1x5TB WD Black ]

Just now, LyyK said:

Your adblocker is essentially your first line of defense. Takes care of more than some might expect.

that means I need an adblock, a virus protection and blah. CANT I JUST Get rid of everythin and then get bitdefender totalo security which has everything in one or just stay with the cheaper option of malware bytes premium

Just get maywarebytes and call it a day. I havent ran my anti virus program in almost a year because i never needed it.

Just now, LyyK said:

Remember, clicking on ads can lead to exploit kits. 

Can't get exploit kits if there is no ads to get it in the first place

idk

Just now, Bcat00 said:

Just get maywarebytes and call it a day. I havent ran my anti virus program in almost a year because i never needed it.

Thank you. i think I will do that

that means I need an adblock, a virus protection and blah. CANT I JUST Get rid of everythin and then get bitdefender totalo security which has everything in one or just stay with the cheaper option of malware bytes premium

An adblocker is a free browser extension and everyone should use one, regardless if they use an antivirus or not. 

Just now, LyyK said:

An adblocker is a free browser extension and everyone should use one, regardless if they use an antivirus or not. 

ok, whats a good one for chrome. and a good vpn

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Remember, clicking on ads can lead to exploit kits. 

Can't get exploit kits if there is no ads to get it in the first place

Not to mention how peaceful the internet is without ads shoved into your eyeballs. Relatively speaking, of course. The internet is still somewhat of a shitshow with ads or without.

Just now, LyyK said:

Not to mention how peaceful the internet is without ads shoved into your eyeballs. Relatively speaking, of course. The internet is still somewhat of a shitshow with ads or without.

of course. I keep my adblock disabled here, as I want to support LMG, but it's on EVERYWHERE else. no exceptions. you block adblockers with some javascript? I don't use your site. 

idk

2 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

ok, whats a good one for chrome. and a good vpn

I use one called "Adblock" but uBlock, Adguard, and Adblock Plus are also perfectly fine. VPNs do nothing in terms of keeping viruses/malware away from your system.

Just now, LyyK said:

I use one called "Adblock" but uBlock, Adguard, and Adblock Plus are also perfectly fine. VPNs do nothing in terms of keeping viruses/malware away from your system.

nah, for something else

4 minutes ago, LyyK said:

They should just disable ads! Does anyone even click on them on purpose? Even if I see an ad for something interesting, I just finish what I'm reading and then google it. 

Main PC 

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

of course. I keep my adblock disabled here, as I want to support LMG, but it's on EVERYWHERE else. no exceptions. you block adblockers with some javascript? I don't use your site. 

Amen. Forbes, smh.

3 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

nah, for something else

I use OVPN (OVPN.se). There are a lot of different options and which is best for you depend entirely on what you need it to do.

Just now, LyyK said:

I use OVPN (OVPN.se). There are a lot of different options and which is best for you depend entirely on what you need it to do.

i wanto be in america so I can use american netflix

i wanto be in america so I can use american netflix

PIA is a popular one and should suffice for your needs. It lacks in other areas that should not affect your Netflix watching but it's affordable and their software client is intuitive.

4 minutes ago, LyyK said:

PIA is a popular one and should suffice for your needs. It lacks in other areas that should not affect your Netflix watching but it's affordable and their software client is intuitive.

cheers

10 minutes ago, LyyK said:

Amen. Forbes, smh.

Forbes is cancer. 

Some other sites have began to use BlockAdblock, it's horrible. 

idk