I'm building a pc I bought the case but I haven't bought any  other parts.

The problem is I cant save I'm not good with money if I was I would've had one by now.

So what are the chances of doa parts?

Is there any places that test parts before shipping?

not really high, most online retailer has RMA option, buy from amazon if you want good service. 

18 minutes ago, Samuel Jones said:

The problem is I cant save I'm not good with money if I was I would've had one by now.

Aren't we all :)

18 minutes ago, Samuel Jones said:

low, like 0.001% low

19 minutes ago, Samuel Jones said:

None, because they'd have to break the seal and then you could come back complaining it was open. Too dangerous as a business. 

22 minutes ago, Samuel Jones said:

I'm building a pc I bought the case but I haven't bought any  other parts.

If you buy the parts new, then the chances are low they will be D.o.A. It does happen though. 1 in 10k is a bit optimistic. More like 1 in 1k or so when it comes to motherboards and graphics cards in my experience. RAM, PSU's, fans, hard drives, and peripherals almost always work as described.

Used parts are normally tested (I've never had an RMA on Ebay or a return from Craigslist), and I've never had to return a used part. I do thoroughly test and refurb everything before I ship though, and I ship like everything is made of stained glass. Wrapped, sealed, stuffed popcorn, folded cardboard to apply slight pressure on all sides to make sure nothing moves even if it is dropped, thrown, tossed in the back of a truck etc. I also could have  just gotten lucky with all my used parts, so take that with a grain of salt.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

2 minutes ago, crzyces said:

Lol, be better with your money :)

whats the rarest part to be doa

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

your best bet is to just save your money, can't help there. 

set a budget first and order new parts. 

Yep. This. It's hard man, quit whatever it is you're spending your money on. I was an addict of heroin, Xanax, coke, weed,  alcohol and cigarettes over the course of my life. I've been clean from all mind altering substances since 2011 and haven't smoked a cigarette since 2014. Transferred all the money and love from those things to computers; it's a really long way of saying you can't start with an i7 and 1080ti. Piece by piece get everything from the ground up. Get graphics last as it'll be most expensive and whatever budget card you choose at the beginning will decrease in price until you're ready to order it. 

If you can't save and buy a $300 console or something you should just sell the case. Because a decent budget pc will be 450-550 at lowest. Decent I said not lowest and not best. But console besting for sure. 

All parts are tested by manufacturer before they are packed. Nobody does anything to parts between packing and you opening package. There's always change that shipping, handling or other random events could do something. Or there is some issue which isn't detected when testing.

Parts sold by stores are repaired or from returns are tested by store before reselling them. Most stores give also reduced warranty for those.

3 hours ago, Samuel Jones said:

whats the rarest part to be doa

Maybe mobo or CPU, maybe RAM. I personally havne't had any DOA yet. I've had few parts dying within 1st month. Including PSU, GPU, few keyboards, laptop, few phones etc. You shouldn't worry too much about that. DOA or any other mechanical issue is under warranty. If store doesn't take it back, manufacturer will. There might be some extra hassle with shipping and you would need to wait maybe 2 weeks more for replacement or repaired part. But nothing to really worry about.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv