Can we take a second to talk about how google is making youtube go backwards?

RGProductions

Seriously, first they remove the ability to mute specific comments, and now they're removing annotations. i know google is a little crazy, but this is on a whole other level.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

This is the same company that decided to prioritize VP9 when the entire market of hardware had no such decoding scheme to do so efficiently. The result is people wondering why their laptops suddenly run hot, loud, and die a lot faster. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, RGProductions said:

removing annotations

wow fucking really? 

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/16/14953756/youtube-annotations-feature-discontinue-cards-end-screens

what because they wont' fucking fix mobile and their new theme suggest they want to continue to bring desktop down to mobile's level instead of raising mobile to desktop's level? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 hours ago, RGProductions said:

Seriously, first they remove the ability to mute specific comments, and now they're removing annotations. i know google is a little crazy, but this is on a whole other level.

I have not noticed anything.................besides stupid childish video thumbnails. Why dont they do that with the WAN show. Do up some silly preteen image for the thumbnail.

The comment thing is annoying af!! Maybe it's suppose to stop trolls? Idk feels like it does more harm than good. Youtube has been going backwards for a long time, look how long it took them to implement grid view for subs ffs, and they gave it to us and took it away a bunch of times.

11 hours ago, yathis said:

I have not noticed anything.................besides stupid childish video thumbnails. Why dont they do that with the WAN show. Do up some silly preteen image for the thumbnail.

This is about YT as a platform, not the content that goes on it.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

13 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

This is the same company that decided to prioritize VP9 when the entire market of hardware had no such decoding scheme to do so efficiently. The result is people wondering why their laptops suddenly run hot, loud, and die a lot faster. 

Fucking hell, you don't know how much this pisses me off.

My PC can handle 1080p60 video just fine in MP4, but give it VP9 and it'll somehow drop random frames at 720p60.

At least the audio quality is better, though. 160kbps Opus > 128kbps AAC any day.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

If youtube's huge creators are smart, many of them will be investing in one or multiple projects to create a new platform that'll be standing by right when Youtube dies for everyone to swap over to, I hope at least. Either than or Google will get fed up dealing with this whole mess and sell it to someone else, but I doubt that.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...