Free sync or ips?

arthurdemelo123

Same price...

do i need free sync if i lock in 60 fps using any program? instead off using v-sync?

if i buy a free sync monitor with a 580 4gb  i'm going to have any gain? 
What's the difference?

Just now, Slottr said:

What do you need ips for?

Best image? color... etc?

3 minutes ago, arthurdemelo123 said:

Same price...

do i need free sync if i lock in 60 fps using any program? instead using v-sync?

if i buy a free sync monitor with a 580 4gb  i'm going to have any gain? 
What's the difference?

freesync is MUCH better than v-sync

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Locking your framerate to 60fps will not eliminate tearing

And yes, Freesync will be beneficial at 60Hz/60fps

Freesync will eliminate tearing without the performance impact you get from Vsync.

Locking your framerate to 60fps will not eliminate tearing... 
I did not know that ... are u sure? tnks 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Yes I am sure. Try it yourself. You are on your PC now right?

notebook... i will... hold... 

IPS has nothing to do with the framerate, it refers to the type of LCD panel in the display.  IPS generally has better viewing angles and more accurate/vibrant colors, while having a bit slower refresh rate compared to a TN panel.  Expensive TN panels can look decent, and expensive IPS panels can be fast.

Freesync just means the refresh rate on the monitor will change to match the framerate in your game, which allows the gameplay to feel smoother even at lower framerates.

You can have an IPS monitor with freesync.  I have one.

If you have a freesync monitor and you are able to peg your FPS against the maximum refresh rate the whole time, no you won't notice a difference.  But if you're a bit more borderline and the framerate bounces around between 45-60fps, your gameplay experience will be much nicer.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Does not matter if you are on a laptop. Try it out with a game that is easy to run so you can get good fps

And then cap its framerate using this method:

Rapidly move the camera around in game, and you will notice the screen tearing is still there.

Fuck this shit not even afterburner works here the only one i found it's Dxtory and no games can run at the same time not even cs that i was downloading...
i try gta vice city but was inconclusive
I think i will have to trust you on this ... lol