DOW3 vs COH2

PurplDrank

So ive been itching for an RTS game for sometime now. For Dawn of War 3, With the recent steam user reviews and the hate its getting I am not sure the game is worth $59 on steam. I really need an RTS to break the FPS game streak ive been having lately. Which one do you think would be best right now?

Anyone who has played Dawn of war 3 feel free to give some feed back.

A little background info, I was a huge Warcraft 3 player back in the day and have jumped on still from time to time. 

DoW 3 feels like a MOBA, not a RTS.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Not worth $59, but i only pay <$30.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

My two cents.

COH2 has a stellar gameplay. Great game, especially if you're into ww2 theme. I guess everybody knows that by now.

Can't say anything about DoW 3 tho. I love the first one and i still play it, but from the look of it DoW 3 looks weird af.

Avid COH fan here. played quite a bit of the original/blitzkrieg mod and the second. COH is what  I would call "small" scale and detailed. You order a squad of riflemen, and they come onto the field. you command them to a point, and the map shows 5 dots of where they will stand, with red-yellow-green based on the level of cover. every click is important because its the difference between your squad getting wiped out or defeating a stronger unit. Then theres factors like mg supression, occupying buildings for advanced defense, leaving tracks in snow, and a slew of other really tiny details that make it a true war game.

I tried DOW3 and have seen how starcraft, AOTS, and other RTS games of the sort play. its just order a mob of unit, put them here, and hope they win. It's a completely different type of "strategy" that I dont enjoy as much as COH's slower detailed gameplay.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi