can dust buildup lead to the computers IO ports slowing down?

enderking470

I have been using my computer for a while now, I have cleaned the motherboard once but that was three months ago and just recently my front IO has slowed down to a creep and does not pick up any headphone input (i have tested them on other devices and they work) is this a cause of dust?

23 minutes ago, enderking470 said:

I have been using my computer for a while now, I have cleaned the motherboard once but that was three months ago and just recently my front IO has slowed down to a creep and does not pick up any headphone input (i have tested them on other devices and they work) is this a cause of dust?

If you cleaned it up completely three months ago, no, I'd look at other causes like a loose connection first.

If you kinda half-assed it three months ago (we've all done it) and the I/O PCB was caked in dust, yeah, that could be it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Try cleaning out the port itself as well. Could be dusty in there.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

when i cleaned it i did only do the Motherboard so that could be a great cause...