Lubuntu amd graphics driver installation

I downloaded the drivers for my laptop from amd's website using the model selector. (Linux, laptop graphics, r9, m2xx) downloaded them, and installed them. I enabled the ability to execute .sh scripts, and the driver now successfully installed however...

I am getting a message that says the following:

"The generated package has been placed in the current directory. The log file has been stored in /usr/share/ati.

After installation of the generated package, it is important to save your X Window configuration file, and then run 'aticonfig --initial' (in a console window) to complete the basic configuration of the display settings. For advanced configuration, please run aticonfig from a console window or AMD CCC:LE from the Desktop Manager Menu."

I cannot see an 'aticonfig --initial' nor an XWindow anywhere. How would I finish this installation. I am trying to play Arma 3 however whatever drivers I had did not support Open GL 4.1

Arma 3 is natively supported on linux as Steam lists it as being supported. When I had windows 8 on my laptop it would play arma 3 well enough. (40~60 fps)

i7 dual core mobile cpu, 16 gb ram, AMD R9 m275 gpu.

30 minutes ago, fpo said:

I cannot see an 'aticonfig --initial' nor an XWindow anywhere

so you cant run aticonfig from the command line?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

so you cant run aticonfig from the command line?

how do I do that? Just sudo aticonfig? I don't know the file location of it. I couldn't see it anywhere.