XPS 15 9550 screen tearing in adobe programs

-Please read all to fully understand the issue that I'm having-

My xps 15 9550 has a lot of screen tearing issues in, most notably, Adobe programs. It looks like the top left 1/4th of the screen can't keep up with the rest once I move around a document within Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.

It doesn't matter if it's a new file or not it keeps doing it.

I haven't seen the screen tearing in games that I sometimes play on it these being: Overwatch, Gmod, SOMA and minecraft

So, since I have a shit-ton of issues with my xps I contacted dell, trough facebook because no email on site.

Issue list:

• Closing the lid sometimes results in a full shutdown of the laptop.
  • Adobe programs show very noticeable screen tearing, even when connected to an external display.
  • When a classmate is a bit, let's say, "too enthusiastic" and hits the same table where my laptop resides it completely freezes.
  • When having multiple tabs (5) open the laptop becomes the slowest thing in the entire world.
  • When charging and using the laptop the area near the charge-port (left next to the keyboard) gets so hot you can barely touch it.
  • Battery life is nowhere near advertised life.

After a small conversation and going trough the usual 'tech support questions' like: reinstall windows etc.
They concluded that my motherboard must have a 'loose contact' and was overheating and would send a mechanic to my house.

My initial thought was: What? A mechanic? At my house?

For a repair with my msi laptop I had to send the damm thing to Poland, shipping at my expense.

Since I had a week off from school I planned a repair on Monday April 24th.

I would get a call before 10am with an indication when the mechanic would be at my house.

But the day that the mechanic would come was here and no call.

At 2 pm I contacted dell, trough facebook... , and said that I still didn't receive a call.

They responded with:

• Hello, it seems the battery isn't in stock, it's strange that you haven't been called. It's better to plan the repair again without the battery because that won't be back in stock until May 12th.

Me, assuming they only came to swap the motherboard, asked: Battery? Turns out that a new battery was needed because I mentioned the battery life was nowhere near advertised life.

So they planned a repair for the next day and sure enough a mechanic showed up and swapped the motherboard. But since this didn't resolve the screen-taring, nor did I thought it would, they planned ANOTHER repair for the next day.

The next day they swapped out the motherboard, ram and wireless card. But the screen tearing was still there.

The mechanic told be I would receive a call from someone at Dell to tell me what's next.

If it needs another repair I'm screwed because my week off from school is over and don't really have any free moments that aren't special holidays here in the Netherlands until mid July.

Now that It's Saturday and I'm using the laptop again I immediately noticed that the fans were spinning while they didn't spin while doing the same thing before the repairs,
I have yet to contact Dell about this, mainly because it's Saturday and they probably won't read it until Monday.

Thank you for reading all this.

Any ideas?

Comic sans is best font

-me to my graphic design teacher 6 seconds before I got kicked out of the classroom

Interesting that none of the new components did anything to help. It could be drivers, I know Dell was having some issues with BIOS updates at one point not long ago. I'd call up Dell and fight for them to send you a brand new unit, although I doubt they will it's worth a try. Stress how bad the issues are and how badly need the laptop for school. If you do it tell me how it goes. Best of luck.

1 minute ago, Shortuse said:

Interesting that none of the new components did anything to help. It could be drivers, I know Dell was having some issues with BIOS updates at one point not long ago. I'd call up Dell and fight for them to send you a brand new unit, although I doubt they will it's worth a try. Stress how bad the issues are and how badly need the laptop for school. If you do it tell me how it goes. Best of luck.

I update all drivers, Bios drivers are updated automatically with a update program from Dell.

On both of the new motherboards the bios was updated to the most recent version.

I'll keep you updated though.

Comic sans is best font

-me to my graphic design teacher 6 seconds before I got kicked out of the classroom

1 minute ago, KevinSpanish said:

I update all drivers, Bios drivers are updated automatically with a update program from Dell.

On both of the new motherboards the bios was updated to the most recent version.

I'll keep you updated though.

Call them asap. Every day that goes by is a reason for them not to give you your money back. Razer used that against me but thankfully I bought the device through Amazon and fought for my money. It may take a couple of Dell reps to get your point across but if you're adamant you should be ok.

Just now, Shortuse said:

Call them asap. Every day that goes by is a reason for them not to give you your money back. Razer used that against me but thankfully I bought the device through Amazon and fought for my money. It may take a couple of Dell reps to get your point across but if you're adamant you should be ok.

First thing Monday,

because who needs support in the weekends? -dell.

It's one year ago today that I bought it, pretty sure European laws say I should still be covered until one year after I received the laptop.

And the repairs were still within the warranty because that was last week.

Comic sans is best font

1 minute ago, KevinSpanish said:

First thing Monday,

because who needs support in the weekends? -dell.

It's one year ago today that I bought it, pretty sure European laws say I should still be covered until one year after I received the laptop.

And the repairs were still within the warranty because that was last week.

Happy to hear you should be covered. Remember to report back, I'm really interested to hear what they say to you. Maybe their European phone support is top notch... Who knows?

Just now, Shortuse said:

Happy to hear you should be covered. Remember to report back, I'm really interested to hear what they say to you. Maybe their European phone support is top notch... Who knows?

Yeah who knows? The mechanic that was here Wednesday did say I'd be better of calling then contacting trough facebook,

It might take 30 minutes but he was pretty sure calling was better.

Comic sans is best font

3 minutes ago, KevinSpanish said:

Yeah who knows? The mechanic that was here Wednesday did say I'd be better of calling then contacting trough facebook,

It might take 30 minutes but he was pretty sure calling was better.

Yeah I've found that calling for CS is the way to go. Much easier to get you point across and people tend to listen better when they're talking back to a person in real time.

On 29-4-2017 at 10:52 PM, Shortuse said:

Yeah I've found that calling for CS is the way to go. Much easier to get you point across and people tend to listen better when they're talking back to a person in real time.

so after my forgetful ass forgot to call on Monday I had to wait until today to call because of school 'n stuff.

Dell basically told me: "We have done everything we could, if it's an issue that only appears in Adobe programs I would suggest contacting Adobe about this"

Oh and by the way, Adobe's customer care is the worst they redirect to pages that don't even exist. After completing a checklist you get a bunch of options, my problem isn't one of them, so you click on 'Still need help? contact us" which will redirect you to the same checklist as before.

rip me

Comic sans is best font