Increasing the speed of a case fan?

Go to solution Solved by AvocadosGuac,

Everything looks fine.

If the RPM is over what it says it could mean the sensor is reading incorrectly.

If you were 200-300 RMP over then i would be concerned cause that would be most likely a voltage problem.

IN ALL; You will be fine as-is.

Hello!

I just swapped my 900 RPM default fans that came with my S340 Elite from the back of the case to the front of the case and increased the fan speeds from 900 RPM to ~1200 RPM. The other fan is at 80% speed and the other one is at 94% so the fan speeds would match better (there was a 100 RPM difference when the both fans were at 80% . The other fan which is at 94% goes sometimes little bit over 1200 RPM like 1-3 RPM, is that something that I should be worried about? Should I lower the fan speed? (I don't know is it safe them to go above 1200 RPM) I'm using MSI's motherboard and there's an option to automate speeds (for example if the case temperature is at 50 °C the fans spin at 900 RPM and if the case temperature is at 70 °C the fans spin at 1000 RPM. Should I enable that?)

I left a picture about the fan speed, if someone is interested.

Thank you!

fans.png

Everything looks fine.

If the RPM is over what it says it could mean the sensor is reading incorrectly.

If you were 200-300 RMP over then i would be concerned cause that would be most likely a voltage problem.

IN ALL; You will be fine as-is.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, Varpin said:

@Jrock Just checking... So I don't need to do anything?

Nope

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

You know you don't have to match fan speeds at all, right? My case fans stay off entirely until the CPU hits 55C or (for the GPU exhausts) the GPU breaks 60.

I can also speak from experience that some boards just hate HWMonitor and will occasionally return crazy results. The CPU fan on my Vostro 200 spins at a constant 39,000 RPM, apparently. Given that a rift in spacetime has yet to open up above my Q6600, I'm guessing that's inaccurate, but I don't see why a modern MSI would have that issue.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

31 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You know you don't have to match fan speeds at all, right? My case fans stay off entirely until the CPU hits 55C or (for the GPU exhausts) the GPU breaks 60.

I can also speak from experience that some boards just hate HWMonitor and will occasionally return crazy results. The CPU fan on my Vostro 200 spins at a constant 39,000 RPM, apparently. Given that a rift in spacetime has yet to open up above my Q6600, I'm guessing that's inaccurate, but I don't see why a modern MSI would have that issue.

its only 2rpm's its just common fan speed.

Go blow into your fan and im 100% sure the rpm's will increase