Dinosaur fossil I'm trying to bring back to life

Lsat0902

So My Church Has a VERY old computer...thats still running Windows  XP...yeah its old

So the problem with it is this,

1.The projector 

2. Recording audio 

So the problem with the projector is the the computer does not "work"(for lack of a better word) with the projector. I think that I have solved the problem with that as I believe the a problem with the video card, I say this because When I tried to disconnect the VGA cable fro the back of the card the screws would not come out with our having to use a screw driver the whole time..also one of the fittings came out of the card when I backed out the screw...I look inside and the whole card was bent off axis ..It was still in the PCIE port however. So I was thinking That I will could put in a GTX 760...(or something like that ) and call it a day.

For the audio recording...well I have No idea what the problem is there Soft where is not where I'm the strongest and I would love all the input I could get

also the tower has ......1/2GB's of RAM I have so Idea what the CPU is ...though because Its so old I would suspect a Pentium4

I realized that IF it put in a card like a 710 That I would be waisting money BC the MOBO is so old I don't think the PCIE slots would be compatible  to utilize the card and own top of that I would have to put in more RAM,Replace the mother board, Get a New power supply... Its a headache 

I realize that it would be better to Know what parts Are in the PC...I don't have it right now, But I will be getting it to work on tomorrow 

I don't mind Replacing parts ..thats no problem. But once thats all said-and-done they would STILL need to buy the new operating system 

So in the end...should I just say Replace the computer? 

Yep, you can hit EBay or a second hand store and buy a newer and faster used machine for not much more than what you'd spend refurbing your existing one.

IMO not worth the spend.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

There is no situation where buying a new one isn't the better and cheaper option. Go buy a $250 laptop.